Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: What Comes First? A New HC, a New GM or a Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I disagree, because the Devil you know is soon to be a UFA and if you've actually lost confidence in his ability to win you games, the Devil you don't is probably a better option, imo.

And if you're working from a position where you have confidence in Koskinen as a starter(ish), then getting another NHL goalie who might respond better in this market and use Talbot's previous success to add value to trade.

Have to Agree to disagree. :)

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Talbot to Philly for Scott Laughton and Neuvirth/Pickard.

That's basically the only type of deal that would make sense with Talbot, IMO. Upgrade at forward while picking up a decent backup.

Young, physical #3C that Hitch would love and a (hopefully) capable backup.

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Just a hunch, but I wouldn't be surprised if we part with Andrej Sekera before he's cleared to play.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Just a hunch, but I wouldn't be surprised if we part with Andrej Sekera before he's cleared to play.

Would make sense I think. He was pretty good two years ago but theres obviously a huge risk with him. Probability of him returning back to normal is pretty slim. This year is probably a write off for him. I just dont know what value he has at this point (if he even has any).

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Stauffer was suggesting that the Oilers are in the market to get a 3rd line centre relatively soon.

Stauffer is obviously pretty tied to the team. But how many of these predictions generally come true? Serious question.

Maybe they are planning on moving Benning for a 3C. The Wideman trade is kinda weird. I just assumed they were going waive Garrison or something, which still may be true. I guess they could run with 8 dman, P. Russell is the only extra forward at the moment?

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Stauffer is obviously pretty tied to the team. But how many of these predictions generally come true? Serious question.

Well, it depends. Sometimes Stauffer is hinting at shit he already knows is going down and sometimes he's just being speculative. The difference is usually found in how thick he lays it on.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Would make sense I think. He was pretty good two years ago but theres obviously a huge risk with him. Probability of him returning back to normal is pretty slim. This year is probably a write off for him. I just dont know what value he has at this point (if he even has any).
I would say probably none. But I think with our current needs being on the wing or 3C, we might simply prefer an 'overpaid' healthy body coming back versus hoping Sekera finds his game again essentially filling a bottom pairing role.

His LTIR isn't providing much benefit to us considering we don't exactly have an accurate timeline on his return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->