Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: "The Final Countdown"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
I believe GMs can also speak to agents. The way I have heard it described is GM says to an agent- "I'm looking for a goalie- I'd offer that goalie 5x5." Agent "that's interesting- I would go higher"...without actually mentioning names. Let's face reality- when teams announce players signing big, complex documents and legally binding contracts a minute after FA opens- they have spoken previously
For a league that can’t do real or honest injury reports, dodging tampering rules is a cake walk.
Yet the NHL will act shocked when the gambling industry tells them enough is enough….time to grow up.

Reactions: foshizzle

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
Yikes. Lot of cash for a guy with one solid year and who is losing his linemates
Come on. *Watching point totals to figure how good player is*

Nichushkin has played one year in the top6, no PP1 time. And he isn't there to score tons of points, it is just bonus if he does. If he comes up with 50 in 82 games and plays the way he has, meaning one of the best forecheckers in the league, good PKer, he is incredible valuable. Sure it is a long contract but the AAV is crazy good if he keeps playing the he has in AVs.

I would take a player like him over guy like Patrik Laine if I would prefer winning over fancy stat line. 20+20 with +20 is more valuable to team than 40+25 with +/-0.

Reactions: The Safe Play

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
The Murray trade thread on the Leafs board might be some of the best reading i've done in a while. There's so many delusional Leafs fans in that thread it's absolutely hilarious and worth the read

Reactions: Oilhawks

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Just had a thought, Kneeordano gave up 3M-4M a year so that the Leafs could pay that to a crippled Matt Murray.

The Murray trade thread on the Leafs board might be some of the best reading i've done in a while. There's so many delusional Leafs fans in that thread it's absolutely hilarious and worth the read
Hey that’s what I’m doin right now. Hahah

• Haha
Reactions: The Safe Play

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
For a league that can’t do real or honest injury reports, dodging tampering rules is a cake walk.
Yet the NHL will act shocked when the gambling industry tells them enough is enough….time to grow up.
Honest injury reports? You mean like during the season when they don't report what it is? Because if so, there is a very good reason for that(as Drai found out in the playoffs)

Or are you talking about LTIR, where it's effectively teams doing players a favor when they can't play anymore but don't want to give up the money on the rest of their contracts?(anything that screws insurance companies is good in my books)

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008

That could be us in two days...

...but I'll enjoy it anyways!

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
A perfect day tomorrow would be extending Kulak and somehow getting it down to 3 years instead of 4.

Then, brace yourself for free agency.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
One nice thing about targetting ex-Leafs is you won't get them walking in with an inflated ego.

That fanbase, and by extension the media that cater to them, do such a good job putting a chip into the shoulder of everyone that leaves that organisation.

Yes, everyone that leaves is trash, meanwhile guys like Kessel, Kadri, Bozak, and Gunnarsson have played key roles on cup winners; and others like Andersen, Brown, Barrie, and Ceci have all bounced back to being productive NHL'ers.

Even someone like Hyman, who left mostly on good terms, has go the entire summer hearing he's nothing more than a glorified and overpaid 3rd line grinder.

It's just free motivation to prove them wrong. Oiler fans and media are no better of course (see this boards opinions on guys like Talbot and Dubnyk), but that doesn't get magnified like Toronto, as they blur the line between local talking heads and national coverage.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
The Anderson trade could definitely m have the potential to set this place on fire.

giphy.gif

Hopefully, none of us wake up to see it happening.
Also please re-sign Kulak tomorrow, thanks Kenny

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
One nice thing about targetting ex-Leafs is you won't get them walking in with an inflated ego.

That fanbase, and by extension the media that cater to them, do such a good job putting a chip into the shoulder of everyone that leaves that organisation.

Yes, everyone that leaves is trash, meanwhile guys like Kessel, Kadri, Bozak, and Gunnarsson have played key roles on cup winners; and others like Andersen, Brown, Barrie, and Ceci have all bounced back to being productive NHL'ers.

Even someone like Hyman, who left mostly on good terms, has go the entire summer hearing he's nothing more than a glorified and overpaid 3rd line grinder.

It's just free motivation to prove them wrong. Oiler fans and media are no better of course (see this boards opinions on guys like Talbot and Dubnyk), but that doesn't get magnified like Toronto, as they blur the line between local talking heads and national coverage.
Truth.

Campbell probably can’t wait to get here. And I bet Hyman has him hyped up about it too. Hymans never seen such a rabid and loveable fanbase. Campbell comes here and thrives.

No Anderson trade is happening
*fingers crossed*

Why do you think so? Bob won’t stop with him.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Lol. I’m just reading, I’m too close after Leafs tears gave me an underserved warning points.
I have no points atm so I think I'm safe. It's also not like anything I said in my post was untrue or flaming or anything

If Bob gets his wish and Holland trades XB for Anderson, the fan base is going to eat him alive faster than he can consume one of his beloved Mediterranean Chicken Pizzas.
Is that the rumor? XB for Anderson? If that happens I legit might not watch another game until he's fired

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Truth.

Campbell probably can’t wait to get here. And I bet Hyman has him hyped up about it too. Hymans never seen such a rabid and loveable fanbase. Campbell comes here and thrives.

*fingers crossed*

Bob doesn't stop with a lot. Anderson just doesn't seem likely. Theres been no rumours no nothing about him to edmonton other than Bobs fetish

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I have no points atm so I think I'm safe. It's also not like anything I said in my post was untrue or flaming or anything

Is that the rumor? XB for Anderson? If that happens I legit might not watch another game until he's fired
Cmon you’ll be on board when Anderson scores his first 2 goal game or when the Oilers get their first 3 game win streak.

Bob doesn't stop with a lot. Anderson just doesn't seem likely. Theres been no rumours no nothing about him to edmonton other than Bobs fetish
True, Not much smoke otherwise.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Truth.

*fingers crossed*

Agreed, I think Campbell will thrive here. Toronto is arguably the toughest market to play in and to be a goalie to top it off? That’s asking for trouble.

I have always been a fan of Campbell. I liked his confidence and swagger going back to his draft year. I remember reading on him and scouting reports and thought he would be a sure thing. Goaltending is weird and development is never linear.

I’m excited for him, I think having him is going to be huge. Also helps he is loved in the dressing room by his teammates, the kind of goalie the players will go to battle for.

Cmon you’ll be on board when Anderson scores his first 2 goal game or when the Oilers get their first 3 game win streak.

True, Not much smoke otherwise.

I have no issues with Anderson. I actually think he would be a good fit here and pot 30 goals easy. Also don’t think he’s the next Lucic or Clarkson, he can skate way better than they ever could.

The issue I have with Anderson is the asking price and his contract. Trading XB for him already is a stretch but adding that 5.5 mill contract on top? Not sure we are in the position to do that. Would much rather just sign a free agent to that kind of money on shorter term.

Reactions: McTonyBrar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad