Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: The Dog Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Oilers might be moving a forward here soon for a D via trade per source. Trying to find out what's going on. I'll update soon.

From Twitter from a guy that's been correct before

Don't we need an actual source? Like a name or a link?

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
For all the Lucic "dislikers" out there (won't say haters because that's inflammatory. :) )... would you consider a straight up swap of Bobby Ryan for Lucic? (Disregarding for now that both players have a NMC/NTC)

Lucic is $6 million x 5 more years whereas Bobby Ryan is 7.25 million x 4 more years...

Pts per game over the past 2 seasons:
Ryan .468
Lucic .512

Aggregate pts per game over the past 4 seasons:
Ryan .594
Lucic .561

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Oilers might be moving a forward here soon for a D via trade per source. Trying to find out what's going on. I'll update soon.

From Twitter from a guy that's been correct before

Please post a link so that the mods and posters can determine if this is remotely close to legit or full of it.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Cagiulla/Aberg and a 2nd/3rd. What does that land you? I think we need a vet to round out the defense as opposed to a younger guy who's not yet established.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
Cagiulla/Aberg and a 2nd/3rd. What does that land you? I think we need a vet to round out the defense as opposed to a younger guy who's not yet established.
This is the type of deal I see happening. Not sure what it would get you, but a bottom 6 winger plus a pick for a dman

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
That's kind of how every team in modern pro sports works?
I mean lots of teams are still in position to be able to fill spots at free agency, even with the salary cap. Given the oilers cap situation, if there was a player who filled the hole we could not go for him. The management is completely banking on prospects. Given how crappy we have been at leaves room for doubt.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

This appears to be the tweet. Not sure if this guy has ever called anything.

looking at his timeline, he said the Oilers were talking to Davidson 6 days before Reid Wilkons posted that he rejected a PTO from us.

Reactions: Aerrol

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I hope we don't move one of our good forwards for a d. We only have 3 good forwards on the team

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I hope we don't move one of our good forwards for a d. We only have 3 good forwards on the team
People are worried that we'd be trading Puljujarvi. I wouldn't want that, but the player I'd worry about us losing is Nugent Hopkins. RNH is a prototypical trade piece. He has a lot of established value. We're playing him as a winger. He's expensive, and will potentially be more expensive when his current deal runs out. Lots of teams want him. With JP, it's not so clear.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Except it was confirmed by lots of media guys. Example A:

Pretty sure Freidman said the same in one of his 31 thoughts podcasts.

It literally says right there that he's not certain and things can change. I never said it was likely, but it's not at all a hard fact warranting the smug shutting down of conversation when there's nothing else going on for us to discuss anyways.

Edit: The same insiders were saying that there's no way that Karlsson would stay east... And then Tampa emerged as the leader in trading for him.

Reactions: Seachd

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I would like to point out that me and few others had been talking about Davidson for quite some time as well
yeah, but lots of people have been talking about lots of players. It's not like this guy brought up Enstrom, Martin, Emelin, Sbisa, Franson, etc.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
looking at his timeline, he said the Oilers were talking to Davidson 6 days before Reid Wilkons posted that he rejected a PTO from us.

That was after the Sekera announcement and we have familiarity with Davidson so does that really come across as "inside info"? If we deal a forward for a D then he will get props from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad