Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: The Dog Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Wonder if Ottawa would do Sekera, Pulu and 2 firsts assuming we could hammer out an extension....

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I can't see Karlsson going to VAN. If he does I doubt he signs an extension right now.

I also wonder how long until we hear the Sedins are thinking about a comeback

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Still no discussion on Brandon Davidson turning down the PTO offer by the Oil?? Seriously?? LOL

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Still no discussion on Brandon Davidson turning down the PTO offer by the Oil?? Seriously?? LOL
You seem to have an axe to grind with this guy. He's brought nothing but good things for the Oilers since we drafted him. He overcame cancer after being a longshot prospect and still managed to turn himself into a valuable enough player to allow us to trade him TWICE for useful pieces for the franchise.

Kudos to the kid for sticking to his guns. I hope he gets the contract he wants.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
We need a flashing banner on this site with sirens and explosions that says Karlsson has no interest in resigning with a team in Canada.
I prefer the ones that overlap the content on the site that can't be closed and drive up my data usage offering me products and services I would never buy.

Reactions: StupidGenius

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
I don’t think there’s any possibility EK accepts a trade to Edmonton. I’d love it, but just a major pipe dream for us, in my opinion. It would also cost a disgusting amount for one year of EK. Just imagine the breakout passes he’d feed 97 in full stride though...
:popcorn:

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Sekera, Nurse, Kassian 2019 1st for a signed EK+Ryan (50%)

Last edited:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
You seem to have an axe to grind with this guy. He's brought nothing but good things for the Oilers since we drafted him. He overcame cancer after being a longshot prospect and still managed to turn himself into a valuable enough player to allow us to trade him TWICE for useful pieces for the franchise.

Kudos to the kid for sticking to his guns. I hope he gets the contract he wants.

We're like an abusive ex boyfriend that keeps taking Davidson back, promise that we've changed and we'll treat him better only to treat him like shit again.

Reactions: A91

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Re: Karlsson, I wonder if Vegas is waiting the Sens out trying to "lower" the price.
I don't think Vegas has the pieces to get it done. Vancouver is actually interesting because they've got a ton of youth that can be added to the deal and they have the available cap to absorb Bobby Ryan's entire contract. I would have to think one of Sam Gagner or Brandon Sutter would be going back to Ottawa along with a current D like Ben Hutton to offset some of the salary. But honestly, I could see it.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
We're like an abusive ex boyfriend that keeps taking Davidson back, promise that we've changed and we'll treat him better only to treat him like **** again.
Hey, every time he leaves he just falls apart. We're not perfect, but without us he'll never amount to anything.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton

Why? I have no idea the obsession with him, he played like a half a season as a top 4 dman like 3 years ago. He’s been traded from here twice because he can’t stick, why is that a story? Also he wants a contract, all the power to him

Also to everyone coming in here to suggest Karlsson, does he not have a NTC? I’d bet he’d rather just spend the year in Ottawa then come to Edmonton, a team that’s highly rumored to be on it

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
?? They have a bunch of top picks, and the have Karlsson (if they want) to flip back.

I think the Sens would be very happen with picks and prospect because those aren't as expensive.
They're their only picks. They added squat this year in terms of quality future talent. Vegas is probably holding onto their top guys like Glass, Suzuki and Theodore. After that I think they get passed by what some other teams are capable of offering.

I agree though. The Sens will probably end up settling on the bigger package of average prospects if they can manage to get a team to bite on the rest of Ryan's contract. That's why I see team's like Vancouver and Colorado being the more likely suitors.

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
We need a flashing banner on this site with sirens and explosions that says Karlsson has no interest in resigning with a team in Canada.

We need a sign with banners that says this has literally never been confirmed so smarty pants stop trying to push good guesses as fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad