Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Rishaug: Expect Swedish FA Theodor Lennstrom Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I don’t see what your seeing. The only non 1st rounder they have drafted in that time who is an nhl regular is Adam Gaudette. 1 guy. Only 2 others have played any nhl games.

His expertise is US scouting, which is an area the Oilers are not great at. He’s also responsible for convincing Benning to take Pettersson, who apparently didn’t want to.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
His expertise is US scouting, which is an area the Oilers are not great at. He’s also responsible for convincing Benning to take Pettersson, who apparently didn’t want to.
That’s great but we’ve still drafted better than they have. Not sure why we would change anything there.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Wonder if they could convince pool party to sign for playoff then trade - would he bite?
I don't even know that if we signed him he could play. I'd assume even though the season is extended into the summer that the NHL wouldn't let it happen. Have the December 1st cutoff for guys to sign

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Because you always add more talent at all positions in your organization if it’s available and possible.
If he’s willing to take a lesser role that’s fine but there’s no way I’m moving out our current director for a guy who frankly doesn’t have a very impressive track record.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
why is everyone wigging out about caleb jones on twitter?
Apparently he and Seth have been re-tweeting Trump quotes and are showing support for him on their Instagram stories.

Jack Eichel is also getting heat for posting this on his story:

EZW_riHX0AImsQ1

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I'd like to see JP back in an Oiler uniform but not this season. He doesn't deserve to be a part of any of the teams success this year. Let him have a clean slate for next year.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
That would be fantastic. Depending on what we would have to add.
Admittedly what I am going to say is pure stats watching so I am fine to be corrected. But what concerns me about Georgiev is how many times he gets completely lit up. 7 times in each of the last two years he gave up 5 or more goals. That suggests a degree of inconsistency that makes me uncomfortable in giving up much for him. Though to be honest I am always skeptical in giving up much for a goalie. There are too many sure things that bomb and too many "who is that guy" who turn out great.

Reactions: McJesusSaves97

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Admittedly what I am going to say is pure stats watching so I am fine to be corrected. But what concerns me about Georgiev is how many times he gets completely lit up. 7 times in each of the last two years he gave up 5 or more goals. That suggests a degree of inconsistency that makes me uncomfortable in giving up much for him. Though to be honest I am always skeptical in giving up much for a goalie. There are too many sure things that bomb and too many "who is that guy" who turn out great.

Consistency is an issue for sure. Like it is for most young players. But from my limited viewings I have liked what I have seen from him. I just don't think there is much value in JP (maybe a 2nd rounder at best) and that kind of a return is low odds that the pick would turn out to ever be an NHL regular. So it's not so much that I think that Georgiev is unreal or anything, just a better prospect than I thought we would get for JP.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Saw on the main trade boards, someone suggested something around JP for Geogiev, and personally I would not be upset with a deal constructed around that
Only issue is the expansion draft but otherwise I agree that’s a great deal IMO.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Georgiev isn't much of an upgrade on what's available on the free agent market every summer. Considering this is more of a split tandem, I'm not really comfortable putting all of my eggs in one basket with Georgiev. He's one bad stretch of games away from the waiver wire.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Georgiev isn't much of an upgrade on what's available on the free agent market every summer. Considering this is more of a split tandem, I'm not really comfortable putting all of my eggs in one basket with Georgiev. He's one bad stretch of games away from the waiver wire.
I haven’t been impressed by him at all

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Consistency is an issue for sure. Like it is for most young players. But from my limited viewings I have liked what I have seen from him. I just don't think there is much value in JP (maybe a 2nd rounder at best) and that kind of a return is low odds that the pick would turn out to ever be an NHL regular. So it's not so much that I think that Georgiev is unreal or anything, just a better prospect than I thought we would get for JP.
I agree that JP does not have any more than 2nd round pick value. If he won't come back I'd rather take a shot at a forward. There was a suggestion of a guy like Mittlestad. To me that has a better chance of working out because Georgiev either becomes your starter or you likely lose him in two years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad