Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Rishaug: Expect Swedish FA Theodor Lennstrom Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
So Yamo, McDavid, Drai, RNH, Nurse, Klef, Bear, Jones to protect?

Bouchard is exempt correct?
It's hard to say at this point. Bouchard is, yes.

I'm guessing we go 7-3-1, but we'll see some turnover over the next year...

McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Kassian, Yamamoto, Benson, AA. Klefbom, Nurse, Bear.

Hard to tell what happens over a year from now.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
So who do we protect for the expansion draft? 7-3-1 or 8 + G? I'm leaning towards the 8 skaters+G route. Yamamoto is still on an ELC so he wont need to be protected, and there is no one else more important than our 5 defenseman below imo.

McDavid
Drai
RNH
Larsson
Klefbom
Nurse
Jones
Bear
Kosko

Exposed - Kassina, Athanasaiou, Khaira, Sheahan, Archi, Ennis, Neal,

Thoughts?
If RNH and Larsson can agree on handshake deals, you won’t have to protect them. That opens up a lot of opportunity to protect other key guys.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
A hundred dollars cold cash he's a goner before September 1.

He's a bad fit for the roster, he's a UFA in a year, he'll have trade value and they need the money. He's toast.
I’ll take you up on that bet. Loser doesn’t post for 6 months?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
So who do we protect for the expansion draft? 7-3-1 or 8 + G? I'm leaning towards the 8 skaters+G route. Yamamoto is still on an ELC so he wont need to be protected, and there is no one else more important than our 5 defenseman below imo.

McDavid
Drai
RNH
Larsson
Klefbom
Nurse
Jones
Bear
Kosko

Thoughts?

I'd go 7-3-1 then offer Seattle JP to select Neal.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'd go 7-3-1 then offer Seattle JP to select Neal.
I assume JP will be gone by then. I wonder if, depending on what happens with the team, if it's Nurse offered up take Neal and get something else back. Depends what happens with the blueline, but I could see it.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Snitches get stiches, Cloned.
giphy.gif

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
The only downside of this is now I have to half-way cheer for Larsson to shit his pants in the playoffs. Him playing super well there is the only way I see them keeping him.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
It's hard to say at this point. Bouchard is, yes.

I'm guessing we go 7-3-1, but we'll see some turnover over the next year...

McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Kassian, Yamamoto, Benson, AA. Klefbom, Nurse, Bear.

Hard to tell what happens over a year from now.

The rules talk about2 year pro dont they? So Yamo would have to be protected right?

Reactions: belair

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
The only downside of this is now I have to half-way cheer for Larsson to shit his pants in the playoffs. Him playing super well there is the only way I see them keeping him.

And if he plays super well why do you want him gone? This is just you putting your dislike of a player above your liking of the team. Sad.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
And if he plays super well why do you want him gone? This is just you putting your dislike of a player above your liking of the team. Sad.

I'm pretty sure he's being half-facetious with his post there.

Reactions: ujju2

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

I don't dislike Adam Larsson. He has way bigger detractors than me. He just doesn't move the puck; the Klefbom/Larsson pairing hasn't worked in years and he's a UFA in a year so, factoring all that in, why would they re-sign him? Why would they take him to UFA when they can turn the asset?

I'll gladly lose $100 to watch the Oilers do well this spring :)

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I don't dislike Adam Larsson. He has way bigger detractors than me. He just doesn't move the puck; the Klefbom/Larsson pairing hasn't worked in years and he's a UFA in a year so, factoring all that in, why would they re-sign him?

I'll gladly lose $100 to watch the Oilers do well this spring :)

Ah ok. I was confused because I missed the bet you'd made lol. Makes more sense, my bad :)

Last edited:

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Yamamoto needs protection. So does Benson. We probably end up losing Jones if he's still here.

They need to find a way to protect Jones. He’s gonna be the perfect partner for Bouchard long term, has the experience playing with a guy like that from the u20s when he was paired with McAvoy and that pairing dominated. If they lose him in expansion they’ll regret it for a long time.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
If RNH and Larsson can agree on handshake deals, you won’t have to protect them. That opens up a lot of opportunity to protect other key guys.
I'm not sure its a good idea to wait on Nuge, your more likely IMO to get a discount signing him this summer. You can only lose one player so as much as that scenario would be nice i don't think losing a Benson, AA, or Kassian is worth the potential cap implications.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Moving Athanasiou to 3C creates an interesting look. If Ennis walks he probably takes that LW spot next to 97. In a perfect world we can trade Neal with some retention and bring back Slepyshev. Benson Athanasiou Slepyshev could add offense with some sheltered minutes. Two of Russell/Larsson/Benning should be dealt to open up space too. Preferably Russell after his bonus is paid in July, and Benning if they bring back Green on a cheap deal as the 6/7. Some budget team will bite on Russell with only a 1.5M price tag.

Ennis McDavid Kassian
RNH Drai Yamo
Benson Athanasiou Neal
Nygaard Sheahan Archibald

Nurse Bear
Klefbom Larsson
Jones Bouchard
Green or Benning
Ive agreed with alot of what you have had to say these past few months...
Do you really 'feel' that AA can improve enough to play 3rd line centre in a Tippett system in the next 8 to 10 months??
And secondly Larsson is not the ideal puck mover as SK above has pointed out ....and Holland wants to move to a highly mobile defense...are you sure Larsson will make it to next years deadline?

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018

McDavid
Drai
RNH
Larsson
Klefbom
Nurse
Jones
Bear
Kosko

Thoughts?
Not worth protecting a goalie imo. Koski wouldn't be that hard to replace, and basically zero chance they would take him anyways.

Larsson will be Ufa after as well, if we want him back we could just give him a handshake deal and officially sign him after July 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad