Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Reseason Training Camp Opens July 13th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I assume he's asking for too much money.

I guess it doesn't hurt to test the market, but he has some chemistry with Archibald and he plays behind 29 and 98.

It'll be tough for him to find a better situation.

Sheahan is good on the PK and that's about it. His 5x5 numbers are horrible. He's a 4C and should be payed like one.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
He changed agents and that threw a wrench in negotiations. Not sure what he thinks he’s going to get money wise but it’s not going to be much.
It's guys like Sheahan who are going to be victims of the flat cap. He'd be taking a huge risk not to re-up if that is an option. Chances are he end up making less as a UFA if he gets an offer at all.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Sheahan is good on the PK and that's about it. His 5x5 numbers are horrible. He's a 4C and should be payed like one.
Yeah for sure, but I guess it doesn't hurt to see if some crazy team offers big money.

It's a big risk though and he may end up screwing himself.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It's guys like Sheahan who are going to be victims of the flat cap. He'd be taking a huge risk not to re-up if that is an option. Chances are he end up making less as a UFA if he gets an offer at all.
I feel like he was a guy that we were talking about re-signing. If there ever was an offer I'm sure he's kicking himself now for not taking it.

Reactions: Aerchon

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I like Sheahan, but he's not worth $2m. Khaira does exactly what he does, only he's worse on the dot.

Reactions: Aerchon

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
No one listens to a 12/13 "leader".
I would rather play Benson full time instead.
Just no room for him on a team that has Kassian, Neal, Chiasson, Nygard, Haas, Khaira, Archibald and Benson signed for next season.
We need a better C option than Sheahan or a McLW. Gagner is neither.
You must have forgot about Hendricks role in 16/17.....

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I forgot who wrote it, maybe Kurt Leavins, but management views Gagner as a guy who will transition to the front office once he retires.
Yeh, probably because he thinks of Edmo ton as home and has great ties with organization. Doesn't really mean that he should be brought in to play ahead of Archibald,Nygard or Haas.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Hendricks led by example on the ice too playing solid bottom 6 hockey and PK.
He was far more than a fringe NHLer.
Hendricks was a 12/13 forward, exactly what you posted.

he was a fringe NHLer and still provided a ton of leadership.

far more than a fringe player would end up playing more than 42 games.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
In this environment he'll be lucky to get $800K anywhere else. Teams will be looking to save both cap and real dollars.

Yeah I don’t see him getting over 1M now, which he probably at least had on the table when they were handing out new deals to the other bottom 6 guys.

Hopefully they can keep Ennis and Green on 1 year 1-1.5m deals. I think those are the kind of guys that are going to get squeezed by the flat cap, would be nice if we could get them cheap for another year.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
For those who do not follow Alan Walsh he is a hard line agent who does not believe in hometown discounts

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
For those who do not follow Alan Walsh he is a hard line agent who does not believe in hometown discounts
Every time there has been a major financial issue since the cap came in it was players like Sheahan whose careers ended if they did not agree to sign for a lot less than they had been making. He can role the dice and maybe he gets lucky. But my bet is that teams will spend money and cap space on stars and their young players before offering anything to a guy like him.

No one is suggesting he takes a home town discount. In fact, my guess is that the Oilers would offer him as much or more than he would end up getting else where.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I like Sheahan. I hope he comes back next year. I just hope hes in the 1-1.3mil range.

I dont want another contract like Chiasson.

2 year contract makes sense for Archibald. Dude hustles every shift and he can skate.

Sheahans time could be up at any moment if he loses a fraction of a step.

Reactions: KYams17

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I assume he's asking for too much money.

I guess it doesn't hurt to test the market, but he has some chemistry with Archibald and he plays behind 29 and 98.

It'll be tough for him to find a better situation.

I think they'll hold off on signing Sheahan until after the playoffs. They already have Khaira and Haas signed, and I can see Holland still wanting an upgrade for the #3C.

If Sheahan clearly outperforms Khaira (again), then he'll likely be back at Jujhar's expense. If not, I wouldn't be opposed to getting an upgrade at centre and having Khaira and Haas round out the depth chart.

McDavid
Draisiatl
Bonino/Tierney/Sutter/Anisimov/Söderberg/Brassard
Khaira/Haas

Marody/McLeod

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I think they'll hold off on signing Sheahan until after the playoffs. They already have Khaira and Haas signed, and I can see Holland still wanting an upgrade for the #3C.

If Sheahan clearly outperforms Khaira (again), then he'll likely be back at Jujhar's expense. If not, I wouldn't be opposed to getting an upgrade at centre and having Khaira and Haas round out the depth chart.

McDavid
Draisiatl
Bonino/Tierney/Sutter/Anisimov/Söderberg/Brassard
Khaira/Haas

Marody/McLeod

Proposal
To EDM: JG Pageau + J Ho Sang
To NYI: Athanasiou+Puljujarvi+ rights to Sheahan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events