Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Reseason Training Camp Opens July 13th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
RNH to me is the type of player who is not going to fall off a cliff when he's 33-35. Smart players who can skate well typically don't. Worst case scenario in 8 years we're dealing with a contract like Parise/Carter/Pavelski. Guys who are overpaid and old, but still effective.

I hope he stays an Oiler until he's 35 and if he took a discount that starts with 6 that would be incredible.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
RNH to me is the type of player who is not going to fall off a cliff when he's 33-35. Smart players who can skate well typically don't. Worst case scenario in 8 years we're dealing with a contract like Parise/Carter/Pavelski. Guys who are overpaid and old, but still effective.

I hope he stays an Oiler until he's 35 and if he took a discount that starts with 6 that would be incredible.
The comparable I've always liked for him is Patrick Marleau.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Handshake deal and leave him unprotected for expansion.
This team has a lot of room for Nuge

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Nuge will stay. He'd be dumb to not stay. He's seen how money has wrecked other players careers and who wouldn't want to play with the 2 best players in the NHL? As someone said above, if we sign him for 7M or less, it's a steal.

Reactions: KYams17

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I never know what to think of Lawton. He seems to be a yes man when on local radio, as well sometimes he is kind of out to lunch with some of his thoughts/opinions.

I'd be happy with what he is saying though.

He predicted Tippett would be our coach when nobody but nobody had him on anyone's radar.

Reactions: ujju2 and MessierII

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I think a 6-7 deal long term is fair with Nuge. It's a steal now and likely a risk near the end so it balances out.

I want to see him win a cup in Edmonton. I want him to be the first players than Connor passes it to!

Reactions: Stud Muffin

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
They are saying the cap may be flat for several years which means RNH probably doesn't get a very large raise if one at all. Regardless I think he sees we have turned a corner and would want to stay, plus I cant see other teams lining up to sign him to a longer term for more money.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I wonder where Sean Day signs next season. I assume he signs with an AHL team. I understand the issues with the kid, but he always had a tendency to wow you with his natural ability in junior. I wouldn't mind Bakersfield taking a shot next year. Woodcroft and Manson have had great results developing the games of our young Dmen over the past couple seasons. At 22, there may still be a player there.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I wonder where Sean Day signs next season. I assume he signs with an AHL team. I understand the issues with the kid, but he always had a tendency to wow you with his natural ability in junior. I wouldn't mind Bakersfield taking a shot next year. Woodcroft and Manson have had great results developing the games of our young Dmen over the past couple seasons. At 22, there may still be a player there.

I'm kind of surprised someone hasn't convinced him to try wing yet.

He could probably be an NHL 4th liner just based on physical tools alone.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad