Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Oilers Have Kicked Tires on Some Veteran UFA Defencemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
So Kenny said in the morning press conference we will be getting a goaltender before the start of the AHL training camp. Please let us take Anderson

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
So Kenny said in the morning press conference we will be getting a goaltender before the start of the AHL training camp. Please let us take Anderson

I like the idea but the problem will be having to carry 3 goalies on the roster in risk of losing him on waivers. I wonder if he waits out Carolina to see if they waive Forsberg again.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
RNH is a 55 point player if you take all of those away. But with PP time and McDrai, he's a PPG player or more. I think that's where he's looking to get paid
As he should. There's no one on the market that would realistically fill the roles he does. The Oilers should absolutely be taking their time with this negotiation, but sticking at under $7m would be a colossal error in judgement if he managed to go to market.

I never understood the logic of 'taking away' a player's job to argue a case against them. Taylor Hall would be a ~40 point player if he was a fourth line center.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
RNH is a 55 point player if you take all of those away. But with PP time and McDrai, he's a PPG player or more. I think that's where he's looking to get paid

Never been a PPG player once in his career, and you're saying he'll be more than that. He's 28 in 3mths, this season.

Nuge is a very good complimentary player, but not a driver offence. now that the Oilers have a few more players in the stable Nuge may not be getting all that quality toi and first unit PP time to bump stats. McDrai were clearly the best thing for him. He's going to do better here where the Oilers understand what he is and his limitations. Any team acquiring him that is willing to pay him more than we do will very quickly sour on some of the dividends they are getting for their money. A player like Nuge is best suited to play out his career in one location, and for the team that drafted him. This is his best play, I hope he realizes it. He should talk to Hemsky, Hall, Eberle, Gagner mroe to know how much you land in the outhouse with other clubs as soon as you aren't producing for a stretch.

Nuge gets unconditional regard here with the Oilers. Thats pretty valuable, he should keep it. Nice gig here, and not close to having to drive the train and have all that expectation. Nuge put in a situation where he was the guy, I wouldn't want to see that.

Reactions: nabob

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
So On The Panel they are saying Oilers could still have Forsberg. He hasn't left Edmonton and there could be something going on with Carolina. They put Alex Nedeljkovic on waivers and are waiting to see if he clears.

Last edited:

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
So On The Panel they are saying Oilers could still have Forsberg. He hasn't left Edmonton and there could be something going on with Carolina. They put Alex Nedeljkovic on waivers and are waiting to see if he clears.

Who is saying this? I saw a few Canes fans speculate that may be the case, so i'm wondering if someone in the media said something. I sure hope thats the case

EDIT: nevermind i see below

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016

What the hell? They're seriously holding out for a trade off a waiver claim less than a day later?

What an absolute dick move to Forsberg. He's gonna hate carolina for life.

They will probably just put him on waivers. Don't think anyone will bite if that's what they are looking for. I think he will be back with the Oilers

Reactions: McTonyBrar

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Jankowski first goal of the season!

How do ya like me now!

hrq9jtWahlOt7HM7_k6f5rxL63z5O-8Wn4ELwF2LQdbsLYvNHfx0ju_SYStJ0KMbzn1q3E0-F0TQ12RdTo3JbRoSQmylwhAK3Q

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
This better be for future considerations or f*** off Waddell.

Even if its for FC, if its to a US team hes making Forsberg miss the next two weeks for nothing. I don't know if they'll find any takers though, probably just put him back on waivers.

Question is if Oilers are the only team to put a claim in on him, can they put him right on the taxi squad?

Reactions: Oilhawks

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Even if its for FC, if its to a US team hes making Forsberg miss the next two weeks for nothing. I don't know if they'll find any takers though, probably just put him back on waivers.

Question is if Oilers are the only team to put a claim in on him, can they put him right on the taxi squad?
If he clears they can assign him directly I believe.

Reactions: Oilhawks

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
If he clears they can assign him directly I believe.

I don't know if this is the case but someone on the mains said that the only way you can trade a waiver claim this quickly is if no other team put in a claim for them, so if every other team in the league said no to getting him for free is Waddell really just trying to give Holland the screws or what?

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

I'm fairly certain the answer to the bolded is yes. Actually, further to that, even if other teams put claims on Forsberg I'm fairly certain that the Oilers get first priority.

Reactions: MuzzaFuzza

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
if you know now that RNH is not intending to sign, you take him off the top line/mcdavid's wing immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->