Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | OEL or Bust!

Would You Trade Oscar Klefbom, Kris Russell and the 2021 1st Round Pick For OEL?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Murray doesn’t fulfill the last part of my requirement. He’s a 1B at best right now.
You said could “conceivably” be. Conceivable means capable of being grasped mentally. There is definitely a reality I could grasp where Murray bounces back and is a starting goalie in the league for the next decade

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I don't entirely disagree.

That said I think there's a ton of backups out there that would improve this team. Khudobin, Greiss, Halak, Kuemper, Mrazek. Is Korpisalo really that far off?

He’s never played more than 40 games a year and his save percentage hovers between sub .900 and .920. He’s the very definition of what people mean when they say goalies are fickle.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
AA (3) McDavid (12.5) Kassian (3.2)
RNH (6) Drai (8.5) Yamamoto (0.9)
Neal (5.75) Haula (2) Puljujarvi (1.2)
Khaira (1.2) Haas (0.9) Archibald (1.5)
Benson (0.8)

Klefbom (4.1) Larsson (4.1)
Nurse (5.6) Bear (2.6)
Jones (0.85) Benning (1.3)
Bouchard (0.9)

Koskinen (4.5)
Blank (3.5)

= 79.7 million dollars with Pouliout, Lucic, Sekera, Smith bonus included.

Russell out to LAK

Chiasson out to Montreal

Sign Haula, sign Benning as a UFA

Though I will say I think Russell for Dubnyk makes some sense. Yes he was bad last year but he had a huge family emergency, his numbers are solid in other seasons.

Haula will get more then 2 million

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
You said could “conceivably” be. Conceivable means capable of being grasped mentally. There is definitely a reality I could grasp where Murray bounces back and is a starting goalie in the league for the next decade

It’s inconceivable in my mind.

upload_2020-9-18_13-39-5.gif

Reactions: Smartguy

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
:panthers

Huberdeau
Yandle

:edmonton

RNH
Klefbom/Nurse

Yay or nay?

Ugh this is a hard one for me.

Defensively, Yandle is not an upgrade on what we have already and that contract sucks. His production is still strong, but it's really shifted to mostly PP based and quite frankly our PP doesn't need the help.

While I like Huberdeau quite a bit, I think RNH is a guy that'll be here for his entire career.

Ultimately the deciding factor is Yandle's age. I don't think we're in a position to add a player that could hit full sundown mode at any moment, and the fact that his icetime was down under 20 minutes concerns me a great deal - that looks like a bottom pairing guy at even strength but significant powerplay time, right?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
It's not a bad offer, but I think Yandle at age 34 is too old for our core group, we need someone back there who can grow with our younger players.

Yandle needs to be part of it as a lure for Huberdeau.
Yandle is still a legit PPQB but needs a strong defensive partner.

Huberdeau for RNH leaves too much of a gap in value regarding contracts and unless one of your top D prospects are involved, the deal goes sour

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
He’s never played more than 40 games a year and his save percentage hovers between sub .900 and .920. He’s the very definition of what people mean when they say goalies are fickle.
I also don't disagree with this, but 40 games is all we need out of another goalie. Certainly not a bonafide #1 which we likely can't afford anyways. Unless Koski is being moved, but I think he's a good goalie and would be happy with someone like him to compliment him. Especially a fellow Finn, not that that means anything.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I will say in all fairness that Huberdeau is one of the most underrated elite players in the league because no one watches him play in Florida.

Don’t think I’d downgrade to 34 year old Yandle though.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Klef ever play on his offside?

OEL - Klef
Nurse - Bear
Jones - Bouchard

Nah OEL has played with Larsson before. Assuming Nurse is moved for OEL, I'd go with

OEL Larsson
Bear Klefbom
Jones Benning.

Give Bouchard maybe another year. Nothing wrong with Dmen getting more minors time

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yandle needs to be part of it as a lure for Huberdeau.
Yandle is still a legit PPQB but needs a strong defensive partner.

Huberdeau for RNH leaves too much of a gap in value regarding contracts and unless one of your top D prospects are involved, the deal goes sour

It's something we'd consider, Huberdeau is a very good player, but I think the D aspect of it doesn't make sense for us.

We had one of the best PPs in like NHL history last season too, not sure how pressing a need a PPQB is, McDavid and Draisaitl can run a PP on their own.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
RNH was on pace for 100 points on Draisaitl wing

61 in 65 is not 100 pt pace though.
Huberdeau was on pace for 92 if they played 82 and had 78 in 69.

Ugh this is a hard one for me.

Defensively, Yandle is not an upgrade on what we have already and that contract sucks. His production is still strong, but it's really shifted to mostly PP based and quite frankly our PP doesn't need the help.

While I like Huberdeau quite a bit, I think RNH is a guy that'll be here for his entire career.

Ultimately the deciding factor is Yandle's age. I don't think we're in a position to add a player that could hit full sundown mode at any moment, and the fact that his icetime was down under 20 minutes concerns me a great deal - that looks like a bottom pairing guy at even strength but significant powerplay time, right?

Fair enough. You can understand why Yandle is involved though.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I also don't disagree with this, but 40 games is all we need out of another goalie. Certainly not a bonafide #1 which we likely can't afford anyways. Unless Koski is being moved, but I think he's a good goalie and would be happy with someone like him to compliment him. Especially a fellow Finn, not that that means anything.
I dunno. If Korpi has one of his sub .900 seasons he’s basically the same level as Mike Smith was this season.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I dunno. If Korpi has one of his sub .900 seasons he’s basically the same level as Mike Smith was this season.
Yeah it would definitely be a gamble. But last season has me feeling like Edmonton's fortunes are changing, and I'm all about giving the balls a tug and rolling the dice.

Unless of course there's a goalie out there we can afford who isn't a gamble.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Serious? You downgrade on D because you upgrade big on wing

Over the last three seasons, RNH is a 70 point/82 game player. Huberdeau is an 84 point/82 game player. RNH is also likely our most responsible two way forward.

Huberdeau is an upgrade, yes, but its not *that* drastic; you have to remember we see RNH as a lifetime Oiler. Is that worth giving up for three years of Huberdeau while downgrading our defence?

Reactions: ujju2 and GOilers88

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Over the last three seasons, RNH is a 70 point/82 game player. Huberdeau is an 84 point/82 game player. RNH is also likely our most responsible two way forward.

Huberdeau is an upgrade, yes, but its not *that* drastic; you have to remember we see RNH as a lifetime Oiler. Is that worth giving up for three years of Huberdeau while downgrading our defence?
Free likes.

#careeroiler

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yeah it would definitely be a gamble. But last season has me feeling like Edmonton's fortunes are changing, and I'm all about giving the balls a tug and rolling the dice.

Unless of course there's a goalie out there we can afford who isn't a gamble.

I’m pretty sure the bolded is against the law. ;)

Brossoit’s a UFA. :sarcasm:

Reactions: GOilers88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad