Hall-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Kahun-X-X
Ennis-Khaira-Archibald

Buyout Neal. Dont resign Larsson.

Reactions: oil Leaks

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Nuge has been hugely disappointing in a contract year playing with the best player in the world.

I'd love if we could move him for a dman.

Part of me wonders if negotiations have gone badly behind the scenes, leading to resentment that’s leaking into his game. I’ve never seen Nuge this disengaged in all facets, and he doesn’t have the natural skill to make an impact even when he is not playing at full pace. Even Kahun has been a more noticeable player the last couple nights.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Honestly I think we need to patient with our defence. Its extremely unlikely we are going to find a #1 in a trade.

Bouchard looks good. Nurse has really upped his game. Bear is good. Lagesson looks solid. Jones has more to show. Broberg is probably on the team next year. Samurokov isnt that far behind. I think we are in decent shape.

Finding a goalie would be huge.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
It would be tough unless nuge doesn't take a raise and hall settles for 7.
I have heard reports from insiders like Chris Johnston that Hall wants to come back. It seems like Nuge enjoys playing in Edmonton as well. We might be able to get discounts tor them.

To allow cap flexibility, we will have to buyout Neal which will open up nearly 6 M. Holland should dump Kassian's contract which will allow 9 M. (-9 M)

7 x 8 M for Hall. 7 x 7 for Nuge = +9 M

So a net zero

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I have heard reports from insiders like Chris Johnston that Hall wants to come back. It seems like Nuge enjoys playing in Edmonton as well. We might be able to get discounts tor them.

To allow cap flexibility, we will have to buyout Neal which will open up nearly 6 M. Holland should dump Kassian's contract which will allow 9 M. (-9 M)

7 x 8 M for Hall. 7 x 7 for Nuge = +9 M

So a net zero
Buying out neal doesn’t open up 6 million. Dumping Neal with nothing coming back doesn’t even open up 6 million.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Hall-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Kahun-X-X
Ennis-Khaira-Archibald

Buyout Neal. Dont resign Larsson.

Money needs to be spent on a goalie and D. Would be fine with Barrie coming back and internal growth at this point.

If we want another F we need to buyout Neal and use that money on a F.

Dont want Hall unless its for 1 year and not a huge price tag

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Part of me wonders if negotiations have gone badly behind the scenes, leading to resentment that’s leaking into his game. I’ve never seen Nuge this disengaged in all facets, and he doesn’t have the natural skill to make an impact even when he is not playing at full pace. Even Kahun has been a more noticeable player the last couple nights.
HuH and I thought Kahun been one of our better players

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Honestly I think we need to patient with our defence. Its extremely unlikely we are going to find a #1 in a trade.

Bouchard looks good. Nurse has really upped his game. Bear is good. Lagesson looks solid. Jones has more to show. Broberg is probably on the team next year. Samurokov isnt that far behind. I think we are in decent shape.

Finding a goalie would be huge.
Honestly I think our best chance at a #1D anytime soon is Hamilton in FA. And even that is pretty unlikely.

Priority #1 has to be goaltending. Limited cap space isn't an excuse this coming offseason.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They should have signed Dubnyk in the summer, they probably can still acquire him but now it will cost a pick.

He's back to putting up solid numbers once again, his dip in play was only because of his wife's medical issues.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Incoming pipedream

Buyout Neal, somehow get rid of Kassian.

Sign Schwartz
Resign Nuge (if his play picks up)

Trade for Gibson.
Broberg + Lavoie + 1st

Make a huge pitch for Seth Jones in two years

Schwartz - McDavid - Puljujarvi
RNH - Drai - Yams
Benson - Holloway - Archi
X - Haas - X

Nurse - S Jones
X - Bouchard
Lagesson - Bear
Jones

Gibson
Wells

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
I doubt they buyout Neal this offseason, next offseason you would think it would be set it stone. Koskenin will probably be bought out in the offseason

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
COVID kinda screwed us by putting us into a harder division, I think.

Vegas, Calgary, Edmonton, 1 of Arizona or Vancouver (Pacific)

Colorado, St. Louis, Winnipeg, Dallas

Would have been better for us in a traditional season setup. We probably make that top 8 fairly comfortably.

But yippie we get to play the Leafs and Habs and Sens 500 times this year and Canadian sports writers get to jerk themselves off. Whoopity doo.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
They should have signed Dubnyk in the summer, they probably can still acquire him but now it will cost a pick.

He's back to putting up solid numbers once again, his dip in play was only because of his wife's medical issues.
Dubnyk was traded for.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
It’s funny to see everyone pumping Bouchard and still make offers to trade Broberg. Just last year most posters had Broberg over Bouchard in the depth chart. You don’t trade D with the upside he has without seeing what he can do in the NHL.

Reactions: MessierII

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Not really sure what Holland's thought process was here, that is a nothing cost.
Not saying it wasn't an option. I brought him up in September. Just correcting you when you said he should've been signed.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
COVID kinda screwed us by putting us into a harder division, I think.

Vegas, Calgary, Edmonton, 1 of Arizona or Vancouver (Pacific)

Colorado, St. Louis, Winnipeg, Dallas

Would have been better for us in a traditional season setup. We probably make that top 8 fairly comfortably.

But yippie we get to play the Leafs and Habs and Sens 500 times this year and Canadian sports writers get to jerk themselves off. Whoopity doo.
This division isn’t hard. Every team in this division was below us in the standings last year.

Reactions: joestevens29

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It’s funny to see everyone pumping Bouchard and still make offers to trade Broberg. Just last year most posters had Broberg over Bouchard in the depth chart. You don’t trade D with the upside he has without seeing what he can do in the NHL.

Maybe Broberg is better than Bouchard, I don't know, we don't have an unlimited amount of time to find out is the problem you're not getting.

Yes it would be great to sit around for the next 4 years and figure out if Broberg is better than Nurse/Bouchard etc.

To fix the holes we have on the roster will likely require something very valuable having to be given up to be able to make this team really competitive in short order.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This division isn’t hard. Every team in this division was below us in the standings last year.

Problem with that is Winnipeg had an off-year last season, so that really helped open the conference up a lot. If they're not going to fade away it makes the Canadian division much, much harder.

Montreal is also a lot better than last year. Calgary has Markstrom so he probably keeps them above water all year too.

While this division may not have the same number of elite teams (Colorado, Vegas), it has fewer bad teams, think that makes it harder for the Oilers.

In the old division setup to make the playoffs the Oilers only had to be better than Vancouver/Arizona/Minnesota most likely.

In this setup they have to be better than Calgary or Winnipeg or Montreal. Think that's a harder setup.

Canadian division looked easier if the assumption was that Winnipeg and Montreal were content to be non-playoff teams as they were last year, but that doesn't look to be the case.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
I’d ship Broberg + Lavoie + 1st for Gibson.
This reminds me of all those that were willing to trade for Karlson and were willing to give up Drai and Nurse. Unreal. May enjoy the benefits of this for 2-3 years but would regret it for 20 years after that.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This reminds me of all those that were willing to trade for Karlson and were willing to give up Drai and Nurse. Unreal. May enjoy the benefits of this for 2-3 years but would regret it for 20 years after that.

Pretty sure Gibson will still be good in 2-3 years, he's only 27 years old. And I doubt Broberg is the Draisaitl of defencemen (would love to be proven wrong on that though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad