Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | LAK Claim Troy Grosenick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Very strange IMO. Seems like a showcase or a potential trade brewing IMO. His salary and term are quite big which means that any trade likely means a big ticket coming in. That or maybe there is something off ice that prompted this?

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
The Oilers are running with seven D tonight. Someone had to come out.

For that argument, Kassian and Turris are much better candidates to sit. Both have been mediocre at best, and could use a change of perspective.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
Really can't imagine anything is going re: Chiasson, just a bad lineup decision. Maybe for a similarly overpaid dman or 4C?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Really can't imagine anything is going re: Chiasson, just a bad lineup decision. Maybe for a similarly overpaid dman or 4C?
Think Holland is giving him one last chance. If waiving doesn't work for him then next stop taxi squad.

Could also be that Neal is fatigued I don't really know.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
Think Holland is giving him one last chance. If waiving doesn't work for him then next stop taxi squad.

Could also be that Neal is fatigued I don't really know.

Its possible, they have been pretty hush hush on what actually happened t0 Smith but Tippett has been pretty open about other injuries and non-injuries this year (Bouch, KK, Ennis), so I don't know why he wouldn't just come out and say they want to give Neal a break. Especially after scoring twice.

Reactions: ujju2

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
So you sit the guy that scored 2 goals and insert the guy you just waived? That decision is as clear as mud.
The third line is a huge drag on the team at even strength. There's a pretty good chance that he's trying to find a combination of guys that he can rely on in the short term that gives us a third offensive line that doesn't get absolutely caved in at even strength. Odds are that Tippett knows what he's got with Neal.

Chiasson in probably means they're trying their damnedest to show other teams that he's a generic checking line player at the very least. We will probably need to move his salary if we're going to make any notable trades this season.

Reactions: Kevin Virgin

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
The third line is a huge drag on the team at even strength. There's a pretty good chance that he's trying to find a combination of guys that he can rely on in the short term that gives us a third offensive line that doesn't get absolutely caved in at even strength. Odds are that Tippett knows what he's got with Neal.

Chiasson in probably means they're trying their damnedest to show other teams that he's a generic checking line player at the very least. We will probably need to move his salary if we're going to make any notable trades this season.

Neal -2, Kassian -3, Turris -9. Anyone who watched them play can see that the numbers are correct... so bench Neal?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

My point still remains, how often does a guy that pots 2 sit the next game?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Neal -2, Kassian -3, Turris -9. Anyone who watched them play can see that the numbers are correct... so bench Neal?
Kassian and Turris have played a few more games, so it will take Neal a little more time to catch up to them.;)

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
I think Neal is playing a little banged up and with the short season the team is just taking full advantage of the taxi squad and just giving him a game to rest so hopefully he can continue to play at that pace right through the playoffs

that and Ottawa sucks

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Why does it really matter if the coach is trying to put the team in a position to win games moving forward. How much emphasis do you think they're putting on goal production against the Ottawa Senators this season?

After the first few goals that game was a total gongshow. How confident do you think they felt about their efforts walking away with an 8-5 win?

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
He didn't get a hatty against the weakest team in the division, HS was warranted.

All jokes aside, I bet Tippett is still running this theme about "balance" through out the line up so @belair 's point might hit closer to home. He's trying to get everyone up and running and so that everyone's on the same page.

I'd honestly would've kept Neal in the lineup but God knows what Tippett is up to.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think Neal is playing a little banged up and with the short season the team is just taking full advantage of the taxi squad and just giving him a game to rest so hopefully he can continue to play at that pace right through the playoffs

that and Ottawa sucks

I could see that, however Tipp didn't say that he is taking a maintenance day or anything like that.

Reactions: ujju2

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

There's one reason that third line is a drag and it ain't Neal or Kassian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad