Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread|Keith, No Keith, Hurry Up and Make Up Your Damn Minds Already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Go look at the Oilers-Leafs record head to head the last 20 games and wake up.

Just because we don't like their annoying fan base and media doesn't magically mean our team is our par, its not. They would've smoked us in a playoff round, they basically did, you saw that 3 game mini-series we had against them, they embarrassed us and Matthews didn't even play in 2 of those games I believe.

We are a good tier below them easily and several tiers below a team like Colorado.

Accepting that is not pessimism, it's being realistic which is necessary, you cannot get better at anything if you're lying to yourself.
If we went by regular season head to head we would have skated by Winnipeg and Montreal. Toronto would have skated by Montreal too.

All I see from some posters is pessimism so forgive me if I get a little sick of it.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If we went by regular season head to head we would have skated by Winnipeg and Montreal. Toronto would have skated by Montreal too.

All I see from some posters is pessimism so forgive me if I get a little sick of it.

Conversely all Winnipeg did was just copy the defensive trap/slow/force Connor out of the middle of the ice gameplan that Toronto and Montreal showed would completely shut our team down.

And it worked for Winnipeg, at least worked well enough for a commanding 2-0 lead which realistically this team was never coming back from.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
It'll be a Turris buyout and Neal and Koskinen will be on opening night roster
I don’t see that as even plausible right now. I was thinking Kosk would probably be here still but after taking all the cap hit from Keith, it’s likely both

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I don’t see that as even plausible right now. I was thinking Kosk would probably be here still but after taking all the cap hit from Keith, it’s likely both
I'd almost bet money that at least 1 of the 2 is still here to start the year.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I posted earlier that buying out Koskinen and Neal gets the Oilers to $19.23 million in cap space. That'd be nice, except next year there would be $5,666,667 million in dead cap for 2022-23 from three buyouts (those two + Sekera) and Lucic's salary.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I can't wait to see everyone here eat crow when the Oilers actually make it further than they have before, and THEN some.

They probably will (a big part due to other offseason additions), but let’s be real, no one will eat crow over it.

I love the player but I wouldn’t have been happy with this trade unless at least 25% retention happened. Now Holland has to buyout both Neal and Koskinen to maximize the cap and leave some room for Nurse’s next year

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I can't wait to see everyone here eat crow when the Oilers actually make it further than they have before, and THEN some.

So are you willing to apologize to those who were upset at the thought of no retention when you kept telling everybody to calm down and that they should eat some crow when it turns out the trade isn't as bad as we thought it would be or does that only work one way?

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Keith, No Keith, Hurry Up and Make Up Your Damn Minds Already! -BBO

Well we hurried...

Kind of wish we didn't.

I don't believe Keith was legitimately willing to go to Seattle, just a smoke screen to not paint Chicago into a corner, if we push them till atleast the brink of the expansion draft where they have to use a protection slot on him, I think we get a better deal. I'd also rather not do the deal entirely rather than make the deal we inevitably did make.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
How was I changing my tune? I like Keith. But everyone here is jumping ship thinking some 3 time Stanley Cup Conn Smythe Winner is trash. WE NEED VETERAN MENTORS! Not young guys who COULD be something. There is another plan in place. I am sure of it.
I can't wait for people to see the Keith deal done...freak out before details pop in...then we get 50% retention on Keith or Neal the other way and me going "I told you so" for the 100th time.
This was you literally right before the deal went down. Went from can't wait to be right again and give everyone an I told you so to there is another plan in place I am sure of it guys. I'd love to see all these suppose things you got right, though.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I posted earlier that buying out Koskinen and Neal gets the Oilers to $19.23 million in cap space. That'd be nice, except next year there would be $5,666,667 million in dead cap for 2022-23 from three buyouts (those two + Sekera) and Lucic's salary.

It makes no sense to buy out Koskinen for this reason.

There's already a shit ton of dead cap for next year, why compound it.

Just send Koskinen to the AHL, save a million dollars that way and ride it out. That 1.5 million can pay for a chunk of Nurse's raise or Puljujarvi's raise next year.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Trade Kassian for Jarry, sign Ullmark, dreiger or Mrazek, and see if you can get one of them to emerge as a #1.

Sign Jake McCabe, assuming health, to a 2 yr deal to help the LHD, and add some good forwards, there's still lots of room and ways to get better.

Despite how it feels, the season isn't over

Reactions: Proko88

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
This was you literally right before the deal went down. Went from can't wait to be right again and give everyone an I told you so to there is another plan in place I am sure of it guys. I'd love to see all these suppose things you got right, though.

Go look at my post history. I don't need to find anything to prove to you. I have always stayed the same and played the course, and everytime I did, I was never disappointed or let down and I knew why they did things without knee-jerking reactions that everyone here does on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad