Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread|Keith, No Keith, Hurry Up and Make Up Your Damn Minds Already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
No I never, clearly you missed mine.

Not sure why I’m bothering, but I’ll try again.

My point is, the Lightning had to make changes to the roster to win the Cup. Do you disagree? I’m not arguing anything else, so not sure what the problem is

Reactions: McDoused

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
We are focussed on maybe acquiring a top 4 defence man, while Stan Bowman is focussed on moving a HHOFer and currently Civil and potentially criminal litigation involving a sexual assault while under his watch. Calm down, he’s more busy than Ken at this point.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I dont recommend going over to the hawks board. They misinterpreted what Seravlli said when he said that Edmonton pulled assets off the table and didnt want to part with Bear or McLeod in a deal for Keith. They seem to think Holland views both players as untouchable and are making fun of how bad we are to consider players like that untouchable.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I dont recommend going over to the hawks board. They misinterpreted what Seravlli said when he said that Edmonton pulled assets off the table and didnt want to part with Bear or McLeod in a deal for Keith. They seem to think Holland views both players as untouchable and are making fun of how bad we are to consider players like that untouchable.
Well that’s candy to go over and take a peak

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Thats hilarious because we are by far in a better spot than them.

Reactions: ujju2 and McDoused

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Common sense is clearly lacking in their department.

Reactions: ujju2

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
They also think Seattle will just take Keith in the expansion draft. I mean it’s possible but I don’t see why they would.

Reactions: McDoused

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Common sense is clearly lacking in their department.

A lot of wishful thinking that's for sure.

It seems like most of them still see Keith as being a reliable top 4 defenceman and would be sad to see him go. I think they are attached to him and need something back of value to justify moving him. Losing a hall of famer while taking on a bad contract would be deflating.

It's too bad his cap hit is what it is and we are in a flat cap. I get that Chicago fans dont care about cap hits but that's not something a playoff team can overlook.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Lol imagine thinking Bear or McLeod would be untouchable in a trade for a player like Point, Hedman, or Makar.

No, just untouchable in terms of trading for Keith.

Add Lavoie and Samorukov to that untouchable list too.

Reactions: Del Preston

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
For me it all comes down to math. It is the cap. Regardless of what the ask is from the Hawks--the oilers would be silly to give assets up and take on the full cap hit. Either the hawks take back the equal money they are sending the oilers or the oilers walk away

Reactions: nally

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
They’ve had three Stanley Cups beyweeen 2010 and 2015. Oilers had Yakupov and Paarvi in that same time frame. But then again we had tambellini…
I’m obviously talking about the present... obviously they have been a lot more successful in the past.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Just stopped over to the Chicago board. Yes there are a couple of very unlikeable dudes suggesting that Edmonton fans are idiots and the organization is absolute garbage and that McDavid should leave now.

Even though they are half right ...some of us seem kinda crazy, and part of the organization is populated by people really bad at their jobs ...and perhaps McDavid should start to look over his shoulder if Holland cant fill at least 3 or 4 of the 6 or 7 spots necessary......Yes even though that I refrained from pointing out that Toews quit on his organization for a year...and that the front office staff there were too cowardly to face a major sexual harassment scandal when it happened. It seems more than just a failure at this point in protecting his employees. I wonder if Bowman will face criminal charges?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Just logged into the Internet today. Seems like a busy day for rumours. Somebody catch me up, I'm too lazy to read the old thread. ;)

Reactions: nally and McDoused

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Just logged into the Internet today. Seems like a busy day for rumours. Somebody catch me up, I'm too lazy to read the old thread. ;)

Hawks fans think they’re getting both Benson and Samorukov for Keith with no retention.

Oiler fans wouldn’t do Samorukov alone for Keith even with 50% retention, it’s a total non starter if Samorukov is an ask.

There you’re caught up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad