Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Is Keith still a top 4 defenseman? It's in the "Eye of the Beholder."

Is Keith still a top 4 dman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
lmao what

we have plenty youth
and Gibson, Lindholm, Rakell are all in their primes and great players. This is a trade you absolutely make if Ducks want to trade with a division rival and want to rebuild
You basically can't move Holloway in that kind of deal because you don't really have much for high end close to NHL ready youth.

I think you're stuck over valuing the Ducks guys. Lindholm and Rackell will be UFAs, Rackell is off a couple down years, Lindholm hasn't been very healthy.

They aren't worthless, but they aren't franchise costing players.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Say the Oilers offered Jones + (2nd, or whatever) for a retained Keith, and Blackhawks said they aren't retaining. So the Oilers pulled a piece and said, "then this is the offer for Keith at full cap, take it or leave it." It doesn't make a lot of sense to me for the Oilers to try to get the Hawks to retain by making their offer worse!
All speculation man. Could be Neal (easy buyout) on the table for Keith right now. Jones was probably in the mix at some point but it seems Bowman might have pushed to far. You could be right though who knows. What a shit show.

Reactions: soothsayer

North

Jun 25, 2009
Say the Oilers offered Jones + (2nd, or whatever) for a retained Keith, and Blackhawks said they aren't retaining. So the Oilers pulled a piece and said, "then this is the offer for Keith at full cap, take it or leave it." It doesn't make a lot of sense to me for the Oilers to try to get the Hawks to retain by making their offer worse!

Or maybe they offered a couple of pieces for Keith and something else. We don’t really know what’s on the table on our end.

Maybe he offered Jones and another piece for 50% retention on Keith. Chicago said no, so then maybe Holland said Jones for 25% retention on Keith.

All we’ve heard is Holland doesn’t want Keith at full cap hit.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
So you disagree? Are the Bolts just a collection of good players? They didn’t win back to back until they added players that laid it all on the line
They were the best team period...... saying anything else is pseudo nonsense... They won when becomin the most complete team, they never "Laid it all on the line" anymore then any other team. How can you even know this?

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
You basically can't move Holloway in that kind of deal because you don't really have much for high end close to NHL ready youth.

I think you're stuck over valuing the Ducks guys. Lindholm and Rackell will be UFAs, Rackell is off a couple down years, Lindholm hasn't been very healthy.

They aren't worthless, but they aren't franchise costing players.
I like Broberg/Holloway but they are FAAR from being franchise players and calling them so is a reach

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Wait is everyone talking about Hall??

lol, really? People have been talking about him coming back non-stop since the day he left. This isn't exactly new :) Even if he signs a long term deal somewhere else this offseason, which is very likely, people will continue to talk about him coming back. This won't stop until he retires.

I'm one of those people who would like to see him back, as he checks a lot of boxes, but only if the contract is favorable. Unless Hall is willing to take a bit of a discount, I can't see the contract being very favorable, so I suspect he will sign elsewhere, where he can make more money.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Friedman said he is testing the market and looking for a 3-4 year deal. No guarantee Hall stays in Boston like what everyone is thinking right now.

But the Bruins fans on the mains said not to even think about signing Hall as he is guaranteed to re-sign with the Bruins :laugh:

Reactions: TheNumber4

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Here is my "Holland says f*** the haters"

Summer

5th round pick to Seattle to take Kassian

Jones to Chicago for Keith @ 50%
Koskinen(50%), 6th to a team for a 7th
Hall 6 year 5.75 mill
Rights to Kahun to Toronto for Hymans rights, Hyman 4x4.75 mill
Tatar 1 year 3 mill
Glendenning 1 year 1.5 mill
Smith 1 year, 2 mill
Ullmark 2 year 4 mill
Russell to a team for a pick
Sign Oleksiak 3 year 3 mill
Larsson 3 year 3.75 mill
Yamamoto 2 year 2 mill

Nuge - McDavid - Pulju
Hall - Draisaitl - Hyman
Tatar - McLeod - Yamamoto
Benson - Glendenning - Archibald

Nurse - Bear
Oleksiak - Larsson
Keith - Bouchard

Ullmark
Smith

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
They said they took pieces off the table. We only know for sure one piece and maybe one more.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
They were the best team period...... saying anything else is pseudo nonsense... They won when becomin the most complete team, they never "Laid it all on the line" anymore then any other team. How can you even know this?

So it was the exact same roster that got swept in the first round 3 seasons ago?

Clearly you missed my point

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

Summer

Hall 6 year 5.75 mill
Tatar 1 year 3 mill
Smith 1 year, 2 mill
Ullmark 2 year 4 mill
Larsson 3 year 3.75 mill
Yamamoto 2 year 2 mill

Nuge - McDavid - Pulju
Hall - Draisaitl - Hyman

Nurse - Bear
Oleksiak - Larsson
Keith - Bouchard

Ullmark
Smith

I like some of your ideas here-- but Seattle is only going to ask for a 5th round pick to take the Space Cowboy off our hands?

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta

Summer

Hall 6 year 5.75 mill
Tatar 1 year 3 mill
Smith 1 year, 2 mill
Ullmark 2 year 4 mill
Larsson 3 year 3.75 mill
Yamamoto 2 year 2 mill

Nuge - McDavid - Pulju
Hall - Draisaitl - Hyman

Nurse - Bear
Oleksiak - Larsson
Keith - Bouchard

Ullmark
Smith
While a fair bit more realistic than some(almost everyone)...its still a fantasy of course.
Hall much more likely to sign somewhere like Florida for 6.25 than here at even 7.25
Zach and Dubas yanking each others chains ....but probably come to a deal.
You know you have to fix potato head and we haven't exactly got the best rep as a garage.
Is Oleksiak good enough in our mix to be top 4....yes i realize Keith could move up at times.?
Ullmark ...its nice to dream a bit right!

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
If Bear is what it takes to get Keith plus retention... that's a fantastic deal.
It's not like Keith will be worse than Bear and even the slightest bounce back trumps him by miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad