Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Is Keith still a top 4 defenseman? It's in the "Eye of the Beholder."

Is Keith still a top 4 dman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Once we get him, I will be forced to love him. I look forward to defending him using his "blocked passes per game" statistic.

Reactions: McDoused

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
The player must be placed on unconditional waivers to mutually terminate his contract. If he is claimed he can use the NMC to prevent the claim from succeding and then he could terminate the contract. So in effect, the player has a veto of the waiver conseqeunces.

If this is true, are you saying that there is no downside to a termination? Why wouldn't they have already gone through with this approach? I'm sure Holland could offer the same money (or maybe slightly less with a higher S.B.) to incentivize Keith.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
We're creeping closer to the buyout window opening.

No one knows where the Keith trade negotiations are at.

No one knows where the Larsson extension is at.

I do know this is one of my favorite Metallica songs.

Continue the rumor discussion here!!

Absolutely awesome song highly underrated.

Reactions: McFuhryous

nafrelio

Aug 26, 2005
brite feuchure
I think the writing is on the wall for Bear to be gone. IF Barrie is circling back to EDM as has been mentioned in the media, Bear is the one on the outs.
I like Bear and am proud to cheer for him with his indigenous roots. I even have his jersey and bought my son a Bear t-shirt. But here's how I see the defense next year:

Nurse Barrie
Keith Larsson
Russell Bouchard
Lagesson/Jones

I thinkBear goes in a deal for forward depth. I really like the idea of targeting Sam Reinhart who we could slot in as the 2C with Nuge on the wing. He'll be due a raise the same year Koskinen is off the books.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Once we acquire Keith every Oiler not named Duncan can breathe a sigh of relief because we will have a new whipping boy in town.

Reactions: DarksideGhost

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I think the writing is on the wall for Bear to be gone. IF Barrie is circling back to EDM as has been mentioned in the media, Bear is the one on the outs.
I like Bear and am proud to cheer for him with his indigenous roots. I even have his jersey and bought my son a Bear t-shirt. But here's how I see the defense next year:

Nurse Barrie
Keith Larsson
Russell Bouchard
Lagesson/Jones

I thinkBear goes in a deal for forward depth. I really like the idea of targeting Sam Reinhart who we could slot in as the 2C with Nuge on the wing. He'll be due a raise the same year Koskinen is off the books.
I see Barrie leaving. The speculation right now is that they are meeting with Barrie's camp this week.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
OT, but I never realized Caroline Szwed is an Edmontonian. :heart:

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

giphy.gif

Reactions: McDoused
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad