Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | I'll Trade You My Ham Sandwich For Your Filet Mignon

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
When was the last time we had a top 10 scoring dman in the league? Yeah we don't need guys like that!

If NUrse played the PP this year, he woudl have gotten 10 more points which puts him in the top 10. If Bear had 15 PP points this year, he would be in the top 20 league scoring defensemen.

Reactions: nabob

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Stop using +/- to gauge individual performance. The Nurse/Bear pairing saw McDabid time. Klefbom's +/- was heavily impacted by SHGA and ENGs. Assuming Klefbom's minutes will be easily replaced is foolish. He was one of the busiest defensemen in the league last season.

Not using +/- for the most part. I am more interested in the 5v5 stats.

Also, Nurse/Bear played with Drai. Klef played with McDavid.

By the end of the year, McDavid wishes he was playing more with Bear/Nurse.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
If NUrse played the PP this year, he woudl have gotten 10 more points which puts him in the top 10. If Bear had 15 PP points this year, he would be in the top 20 league scoring defensemen.

Shoulda woulda coulda. If I invested in Apple I'd have been a millionaire. So that's basically the same as me being a millionaire!

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If Draisaitl had 15 more goals he would if for sure won the Rocket

I don't think Gordon is wrong on that. If Nurse played on the PP he would have gotten more points, anyone who thinks that is a "maybe" is being intentionally obtuse.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Shoulda woulda coulda. If I invested in Apple I'd have been a millionaire. So that's basically the same as me being a millionaire!

Hey strawman, you asked if it would be nice to have a top 10 scoring D-man. I simply suggested that if you have Bear and or Nurse on that power play last year, they each would have had at least 10 more points which gives you your top 10 scoring D-man.

You already have the players here. You just need to put them in the right spots (on the PP).

No need to go out and revamp the entire defense by signing who? Krug? Lol.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
When was the last time we had a top 10 scoring dman in the league? Yeah we don't need guys like that!
When was the last time we had the best PP in the last 40 years and people still want to fiddle with it? :laugh:

This still amazes me. Oh, if we only had that threat from the point, then the PP would be really good... Man o man, it's never enough. It's like complaining over Drai not being in contention for the Selke after his art/hart/lindsey season....

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
When was the last time we had the best PP in the last 40 years and people still want to fiddle with it? :laugh:

This still amazes me. Oh, if we only had that threat from the point, then the PP would be really good... Man o man, it's never enough. It's like complaining over Drai not being in contention for the Selke after his art/hart/lindsey season....
I mean if Klefbom is out for the year, we do need someone new there

Reactions: Macblender

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I would roll

Nurse / Bear
Jones / Larsson

You still have Russell for third pair. You can put Bouchard on your third pair as well.

You could still add Gudas, Barrie, Kulikov, Brodie.

Or you trade for a LHD who has some miles, can play middle pairing, and who is defensively responsible and does not need to get you any points.

Nurse, Bear, and Jones should be better than last year just based on age and experience.

Money is needed for the third line and goalie. The defense will work.

This post is gold except "You could still add Gudas, Barrie, Kulikov, Brodie."

That's a barf worthy group that would cripple our cap even more.

But the rest is good. I think the Oilers will struggle without Klefbom but we have guys that might be able to take and run with the opportunity like Bear did last year.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think the Oilers should just move on from Klefbom.

How are you going to build a team with this guy as a key cog? Every time the team has a good season, he is hurt.

You think his shoulder is never going to be hurt again, he had surgery already, 2 years later it's causing problems again and he's back in the same spot of facing surgery again.

You can probably dump him now because insured LTIR can save a cheap team some real dollars for next season.

Reactions: MesstoFace11

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Not using +/- for the most part. I am more interested in the 5v5 stats.

Also, Nurse/Bear played with Drai. Klef played with McDavid.

By the end of the year, McDavid wishes he was playing more with Bear/Nurse.
Bear and Nurse saw a good amount of time with McDavid at even strength. Klefbom also saw time there, but also played with the bottom six for much of the season--particularly in its later stages.

I'm not going to take away the season they had together because it was nothing but positive. But saying that these players had a larger impact than Klefbom is just false. They were driven by elites offensively and were equally part of the problem when it came to goal prevention.

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Man our defence looks so atrocious without Klefbom (Even if Barrie is added).

Klefbom hasn't really been great for a while now though.

In 16-17 he was a legit 1B type of player. Since that surgery he's maybe really a no.3 d-man that gets a lot of PP minutes.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think the Oilers should just move on from Klefbom.

How are you going to build a team with this guy as a key cog? Every time the team has a good season, he is hurt.

You think his shoulder is never going to be hurt again, he had surgery already, 2 years later it's causing problems again and he's back in the same spot of facing surgery again.

You can probably dump him now because insured LTIR can save a cheap team some real dollars for next season.
Wouldn't we be better off putting him on LTIR with the hopes he can come back at some point? Not sure he has much trade value and at 4mil I rather just hope he could eventually come back and be worth close to 4mil a year.

Reactions: nabob and belair
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad