Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | "Hi UFA, Will a 1 Year Minimum Deal and a Front Row View of McDavid

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Not a fan of Ritchie at all. Go ask Boston fans why they hate him so much.

Fans forget he was playing with some pretty good players in boston, hes not guaranteed more success in Toronto.

He will soon be the whipping boy of Toronto.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
A younger Koskinen.

The goaltending issue has me contemplating a Talbot reunion.

also been on the what the hell Dustin Schwartz train for years , dude can’t develop a goalie to save his life. They just get worse the longer they play with us.
It’s not even just Edmonton’s goalies, rumor was both Hart and Jarry train with him also, and look how bad they were last year. Anton Forsberg did speak very highly of him when he left though so not sure…

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
reposted from the mains:

i just don’t see how ONE YEAR of $4.5M in cap is worth a 1st. That in itself is a massive overpay.

there is also no way I’d do Samorukov for a goalie as weak as Korpisalo… there I’ve said it.

here are the stats. Tell me which team is which:
Team A: goalie 1: 0.923 goalie b: 0.898
Team B: goalie 1: 0.918 goalie b: 0.894

0.004 is the difference of 1 goal over 7 games. Or about 5 extra goals over this next season… and then we’d be done with that guy and could still have our 1st and samorukov.

please someone talk some sense into Holland
That was just a rumour, rishaug shot it down last night.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Not a fan of Ritchie at all. Go ask Boston fans why they hate him so much.

Fans forget he was playing with some pretty good players in boston, hes not guaranteed more success in Toronto.

He will soon be the whipping boy of Toronto.
He is almost a mirror version of Kassian.

the last thing we needed was a second Kassian.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
@McBooya42
Ya better get after this fella as well. He put on exactly same thing I did as well. Maybe your podcast is wrong? Just because YOU listen to it doesn’t mean it’s the truth. We are just reporting what we read and Servalli hit the Larsson trade
Well here we are the next day, and it's exactly what I was saying it was all along. Maybe some peeps should have taken my suggestion and listened to what Seravalli said directly?

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
@McBooya42
Ya better get after this fella as well. He put on exactly same thing I did as well. Maybe your podcast is wrong? Just because YOU listen to it doesn’t mean it’s the truth. We are just reporting what we read and Servalli hit the Larsson trade
Also, the podcast in question WAS Seravalli talking and where the whole idiotic doomsday thing started from. Once again you'd know that if you did what I told you to do (verify by listening to it yourself).

Reactions: North

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Rip the dream. Toronto pouncing on all the young players not qualified. f*** Toronto.

omg NO f*** OFF TORONTO YOU LOSING FRANCHISE!!!! They’ll never win SHIT. Bunch of maniacal losers with fatties like O’Neil as their analysts ugh

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
[QUOTE="bucks_oil, post: 179699289, member: 29189"]I’m very nervous. Any more than a 2nd is a massive overpay.[/QUOTE]
That's not healthy dude, relax.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It’s not even just Edmonton’s goalies, rumor was both Hart and Jarry train with him also, and look how bad they were last year. Anton Forsberg did speak very highly of him when he left though so not sure…
I said this before I have no issue that the guy made it to the NHL as a goalie coach.

He obviously paid his dues. He was with the Oil Kings and during his tenure both Brossoit and Jarry ended up making the show. Somehow good his hooks in Hart as well as worked for Team Canada at under 18's I believe.

The problem I see is he can't guys to hit that next level or help them once they struggle. It's been tried and he isn't getting results it is time to move on

It'll be interesting to see how long Hart stays with him.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I know people hate Button, but f*** did he have me laughing. I'm pretty sure Struds was laughing too as I doubt gregor was.

So the question was poised to Button about Lavoie. Gregor said what he's hearing is the guy needs a good year of pro training. Button just lost it and asked what does that mean? He said of course he needs to get stronger, but as do all guys that are his age with little pro experience. He then went onto the whole thing about how he hates when draft analysts say the same thing about guys being drafted. Something about "of course they need it every prospect in the draft needs to get into the gym and get stronger, it's rare that any kid at 17/18 doesn't need to get stronger to take the next step".

Strength and skating have really been something I've been thinking about. Those are two things that anyone can improve on easily, if they put the time in. Get guys with high IQ and high skill levels, if they have a good work ethic they can improve on speed and strength.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I’m very nervous. Any more than a 2nd is a massive overpay.

Stauffer said Columbus wants a 2nd/3rd or Samorukov straight up for Korpisalo. So, I guess that does imply a higher cost if we want to dump Koskinen on them too. Don't think Seravalli is pulling this out of thin air. Makes sense team would be targeting trying to snap Samorukov from us, they tried a couple deadlines ago, and they know we have a number of D prospects already. And, obviously the whole hockey world knows the OIlers are out there desperately trying to just do something with their goaltending. Change for the sake of change is not unthinkable either from our org.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I know people hate Button, but f*** did he have me laughing. I'm pretty sure Struds was laughing too as I doubt gregor was.

So the question was poised to Button about Lavoie. Gregor said what he's hearing is the guy needs a good year of pro training. Button just lost it and asked what does that mean? He said of course he needs to get stronger, but as do all guys that are his age with little pro experience. He then went onto the whole thing about how he hates when draft analysts say the same thing about guys being drafted. Something about "of course they need it every prospect in the draft needs to get into the gym and get stronger, it's rare that any kid at 17/18 doesn't need to get stronger to take the next step".

Strength and skating have really been something I've been thinking about. Those are two things that anyone can improve on easily, if they put the time in. Get guys with high IQ and high skill levels, if they have a good work ethic they can improve on speed and strength.
Skating is not just something anyone can improve on.

Depends on your fast twitch muscles and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad