Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Is this legit? Better be a better return than Gauthier.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No any strong source. Just counting 1+1+1. Virkkunen ceo confirm that they exceeded player budget after signing Junttila on Wednesday. He say, there will be players who are leaving the team. Canes are interested and they get good information from Harri Aho of Jesses development</p>&mdash; Veikko Lehtonen (@Veikkoleh) <a href="">October 18, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I mean outside of my horrible embed of the tweet it seems like a guy putting things together. It's one of those things that it's not really a far fetched opinion, but it also says players not player. So maybe they are moving players in a trade and not JP is going back to the NHL.

The other question I would have is would a Finish team know that a deal for JP is close to happening, thus make a signing two days ago? Seems like they made a signing and now have to move guys.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
I watched the Checkers some last year, wouldn't say I know them inside out, but if there's something going down, the names I'm most interested in are Morgan Geekie and Martin Necas. Necas is likely off limits there now, but Geekie is just a good all around player with tenacity and a shot mentality.

I like both those guys better than Gauthier, but maybe I'm missing something.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I'd be more than okay with Toronto's 1st round pick for JP, doubtful that happens though

Reactions: frag2

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Can’t see it being McGinn, he’s more of what we’ve already got.

my bet’s on Wallmark+, who was fine in a 3C role last year. Holland loves Swedes and he’s been pushed down the lineup by Haula.

maybe Wallmark and Gauthier for JP and a pick?

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I think that the fluctuating aspect of the replacement player throws into question the accuracy of the numbers.
All the best stats or should I say most informative stats are comparative stats, like CF% is a longtime staple of the analytics community to determine if you are or aren't outperforming the opposition in shot metrics and to what extent or CF% rel to contrast how you are doing relative to your teammates, helpful for picking out gems on bad teams.

Hockey is a competitive sport it's all about how much better are you than the guy across from you, with the case of GAR it's measuring how much better are you than the league wide average replacement player, basically the guy waiting to steal your job if you dip into the negative GAR territory. At present it's certainly one of the best evaluation tools and one of the best ways to determine what kind of contract a player is worth.
Hall is no good for this team by several reasons. Most for he has the best years behind him, and hasnt grown that much as a player, maybe as a person, but still a winger with a straight but very simple playingstyle. A no go. And the stats you have shown sure shows what has been, but not what will be. And Im sure Hall is a big risk signing, and a very expensive signing, crushing the teams cap once again.
Yeah you are right he hasn't improved much at all, it's not like he won a Hart Memorial Trophy since leaving. I've also heard Hall is in decline about a dozen times, but his numbers continue to be extremely crooked to his and his teams benefit.

Hall's game is simple complete zone entries with possession better than just about everyone in the league and then use your tremendous passing skills and top tier wheels to break down the oppositions defensive coverage, you don't need to play a super complicated game to be effective. Ovechkin doesn't play a super complicated game, find open space, smash puck, and score goals and that's worked for him for the better part of the past 14 years.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Canes fans seem to hate Foegele... and I'm not sure what the attraction to Gauthier is...

Id sit on Puljujarvi...

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I don't have sky high expectations for a Pulju return if we land a 2nd round pick and a conditional pick that has a chance to improve based on Pulju's performance I'll be happy. If they go one step higher and give us Bokk or Toronto's 1st and I'll be tickled pink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad