Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Grosenick on His Way to EDM - Dell Claimed by Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
So now if Winnipeg put forsberg back on waivers and us or Carolina claim him, does he now need to go through waivers again to be put on the taxi squad? How does that work?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Do we have a list of FA Goalies?

Howard
Sparks
?

There are hardly any options as far as UFA goes. Holland could trade for one or maybe theres someone overseas. But with travel, overseas isnt a good option. Seems kinda dumb to waste assets on a third string goalie that will probably just get lost at some point on the waiver wire again. I dont think Edmonton is in a good spot here. Skinner isnt ready. Howard/Sparks are kinda junk. Goalies got paid this summer. I think once some goalies start to get injured, its going to be much more expensive than usual to pick up a goalie. In hindsight, might of been better to just leave Forsberg on the roster and waive Lagesson or Chiasson or something.

Reactions: bone

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
So now if Winnipeg put forsberg back on waivers and us or Carolina claim him, does he now need to go through waivers again to be put on the taxi squad? How does that work?
If teh Oilers are the only team putting in a claim then they don't have to. But if two or more teams put in a claim they would have to.

Reactions: Gregsky99

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
There are hardly any options as far as UFA goes. Holland could trade for one or maybe theres someone overseas. But with travel, overseas isnt a good option. Seems kinda dumb to waste assets on a third string goalie that will probably just get lost at some point on the waiver wire again. I dont think Edmonton is in a good spot here. Skinner isnt ready. Howard/Sparks are kinda junk. Goalies got paid this summer. I think once some goalies start to get injured, its going to be much more expensive than usual to pick up a goalie. In hindsight, might of been better to just leave Forsberg on the roster and waive Lagesson or Chiasson or something.

I think they're really reluctant to waive Lagesson. I'm convinced there's an NHLer there and I think the brass believe the same.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Seems kinda ridiculous that we wouldn't take him back... We signed him but didn't reclaim him? We had first dibs over any other team. So confused

We did not have first dibs. Winnipeg finished below us in the standings and thus had higher priority than us.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Yeah Forsberg isn't going anywhere now but on Jets taxi squad. What a joke this turned out to be. f*** you Canes!!!

f*** you carolina.PNG

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I thought I read that apparently Winnipeg actually had first priority. Not sure why, doesn’t make sense to me

There's never been a rule that a team who previously had the player has first dibs. It's always tied to standings or prior claims by the selecting team (ie. Winnipeg now drops in priority because they grabbed someone). It's been a long misunderstood detail about waivers.

All we have dibs on is that if we are the only team putting in a claim on a guy we lost on waivers, we don't have to waive him again to demote him.

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
If teh Oilers are the only team putting in a claim then they don't have to. But if two or more teams put in a claim they would have to.
So what’s happens if both Carolina and Edmonton do? And no one else. Just hypothetically.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
At some point won’t WPG have to waive him as well? Guess they could carry 3 goalies but I don’t know why they’d want to?

They'd want to because they've already been burnt. With the fact you have the players already with the team on taxi squads there no reason to have more than 13 F or 7 defense on your active roster as you can add any of your taxi squad guys by 3:00 on game day and have them available that night.

Edmonton will do the same when they find the right guy after this debacle.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Spengler Cup superstar and Canadian Olympian:sarcasm:, Kevin Poulin, is over in Sweden.

Would he(and could he?) give up a spot in the Allsvenskan to be a #3G?

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I always thought that when someone waived someone that they claimed from a team that the team that he was claimed for had first dibs? @Fourier ?

Many think that rule exists, but I can't find any evidence that it did. It's based either on current standings or early in the year previous year's standings. I believe if you select someone though, it drops you down the list as well.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Yeah Forsberg isn't going anywhere now but on Jets taxi squad. What a joke this turned out to be. f*** you Canes!!!

View attachment 384567

Jets would have to put him back on waivers to send him to the taxi squad. They're going to have to carry him on the main roster if they don't want to risk losing him to the Oilers.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
So what’s happens if both Carolina and Edmonton do? And no one else. Just hypothetically.

That's a really good question. Probably standings. Maybe in this case it would be the first waiving team. I don't know, because I doubt this has happened before to even create the scenario.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Spengler Cup superstar and Canadian Olympian:sarcasm:, Kevin Poulin, is over in Sweden.

Would he(and could he?) give up a spot in the Allsvenskan to be a #3G?

Unfortunately, any goalie we sign from another league outside of America, would also need to be waived for us to add them to the roster, you know Waddell will just grab him to show everyone he truly is a f***ing Asshole.

Reactions: DropTheGloves

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
That's a really good question. Probably standings. Maybe in this case it would be the first waiving team. I don't know, because I doubt this has happened before to even create the scenario.

Don’t the Canes go to the bottom of the list since they’ve already made a waiver claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad