Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Grosenick on His Way to EDM - Dell Claimed by Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I see Yandle a healthy scratch. Do they really have 6 guys better than him, or am I missing something here? Seems like since Zito took over Yandle has been on the outs with the club, but it seems like a dumb move IMO. Was still a 50+ point pace last year and was one of a few offensive performers in the playoffs. Or is this just a move as he is unwilling to waive his NMC, so they are just going to treat him like shit until he does.

Guy had the longest iron man streak in the NHL ended by a healthy scratch after playing at a 50+ point pace last year
Tough look...

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I see Yandle a healthy scratch. Do they really have 6 guys better than him, or am I missing something here? Seems like since Zito took over Yandle has been on the outs with the club, but it seems like a dumb move IMO. Was still a 50+ point pace last year and was one of a few offensive performers in the playoffs. Or is this just a move as he is unwilling to waive his NMC, so they are just going to treat him like shit until he does.
Doesn't take a hit to make a play. That's what I read. He's a 50 point Dman and even the Panthers fans want him gone. That says a lot

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Guy had the longest iron man streak in the NHL ended by a healthy scratch after playing at a 50+ point pace last year
Tough look...
Unless the guy came in out of shape it makes no sense. It's going to be tough enough as it is in this new salary cap world to move that contract. Making him a healthy scratch isn't going to help.

The other funny thing is they already paid is 3mil bonus and is actually only making 2.75mil this year, so maybe he just says f*** it sit me I'll just enjoy the beach

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Doesn't take a hit to make a play. That's what I read. He's a 50 point Dman and even the Panthers fans want him gone. That says a lot
I don't disagree that he has flaws. It's very well known he plays a soft game, but is literally the same player they signed 4 or 5 years ago.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
The fact that Carolina has a crazy load of good prospects and still Waddle is afraid to lose his 3rd string goalie thru waivers says a lot about him as a person

What a dick move that was. Wasted our time taking Forsberg

In the end, if we get Forsberg back at 10:00 then there wasn't any real damage except he could have practiced in the optional skates the last two days. But still it was such a dick move to see if he could get something before re-assigning. I understand going for any competitive advantage you can, but it's also a group of peers that at some point you may need to call in a favor while in a pinch. What makes it all the more amazing is that Waddell actually worked for Holland at one point in Detroit, when Holland gave him his first NHL opportunity as an AGM, so he likely burned a personal relationship doing so.

If I'm Holland, I could forgive that he grabbed him originally because of their familiarity with him and concern about their own goalie, but when he called Holland to ask for an asset to get him back, I'd be done with him.

Reactions: Canovin

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
Can someone explain to me why we didn't claim Nedeljkovic? Would that not have prevented this whole ridiculous situation?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Can someone explain to me why we didn't claim Nedeljkovic? Would that not have prevented this whole ridiculous situation?

The Oilers pretty much can't claim/sign anyone that would have to stay on the active roster.

If they carry a third goalie, they'd have to waive three forwards(or two and Lagesson) once Neal and Haas are healthy.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Seems kinda ridiculous that we wouldn't take him back... We signed him but didn't reclaim him? We had first dibs over any other team. So confused

Reactions: Mr Positive

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Seems kinda ridiculous that we wouldn't take him back... We signed him but didn't reclaim him? We had first dibs over any other team. So confused

I thought I read that apparently Winnipeg actually had first priority. Not sure why, doesn’t make sense to me

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
The Oilers pretty much can't claim/sign anyone that would have to stay on the active roster.

If they carry a third goalie, they'd have to waive three forwards(or two and Lagesson) once Neal and Haas are healthy.

Easy: Waive Neal. No one is claiming him, unless Carolina jumps the gun and accidentally grabs him after just seeing “EDM” on the waiver list.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
At some point won’t WPG have to waive him as well? Guess they could carry 3 goalies but I don’t know why they’d want to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad