Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Expansion Draft Edition, Unleash The Salary Cap Kraken's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Why would Hall be purchasing land before inking the contract though? Seems like a bit of a risk.

Also he could just be playing everyone to get Boston to up their offer.

Reactions: scotchtapejr

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
We should do a Talley of the Hall to Edmonton and Hall not to Edmonton rumours:

Hall to Edmonton:
- Gazzola (plugged in former Oilers media guy and current TSN member) - Says he’s heard from people it’s a possibility
- Chris Johnston (legit TSN media member) - called Hal to Edmonton interest at the trade dead line
- Snipes (a random poster who alleges he’s called trades and signings before) - Says he’s already bought land here and will be coming back confirmed. Source: owning expensive real estate and dealing with people that would buy such real estate ie. millionaire NHLers
- duul- Says he’s coming back and called the Lucic signing before it was confirmed
- 2muttspodcast (a local Oilers podcast run by local Edmonton realtor) - says not to be surprised to see Hall back, does not go into details regarding sources.

Hall not coming to Edmonton
- Whitney (former Oilers and Hall’s buddy) - texted Hall regarding the rumours and got a no in response.
- NHL Rumors Daily Twitter Account (no idea who this is or if there’s an credibility) - says he seriously doubts it’s happening. Seems to be basing that opinion on the Whitney thing. So doesn’t actually have sources.

I think I have that summed up and include everything. Tell me if I missed anything.

Forgot the Avs fan and Cyclonesweep

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Why would Hall be purchasing land before inking the contract though? Seems like a bit of a risk.

I think stories get interjected with people's own opinions when they're told to others. Hall could very well be exploring the housing market here as part of his due diligence should he actually sign here, but that doesn't mean it's a done deal. Real estate people pick up on that and interpret it as a done deal, and that's what gets spread around as rumour.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Just msged a twitter mutual to let him know about these Taylor Hall rumors. His response? He heard from his friend who's in real estate which connects the line with Hall looking for a house here is that his fiancé has been searching for housing around April in Edmonton. I don't talk to this mutual much, but for him to mention this is pretty juicy.

Lmao more? Wow hahaha

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Just msged a twitter mutual to let him know about these Taylor Hall rumors. His response? He heard from his friend who's in real estate which connects the line with Hall looking for a house here is that his fiancé has been searching for housing around April in Edmonton. I don't talk to this mutual much, but for him to mention this is pretty juicy.
The mutual said it out of nowhere ahaha interesting

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

Dumb question. But wouldn't his fiancé be in the States and wasn't the border closed in April? I want to believe but ...

Reactions: Del Preston

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Should I add this to the pile? Twitter mutual has legit inside info in your opinion?

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Dumb question. But wouldn't his fiancé be in the States and wasn't the border closed in April? I want to believe but ...

Could be doing video call tours or other virtual methods. That's been really popular since COVID. People buying homes that they don't see in person (not that people don't buy off blueprints / floorplans all the time but they usually at least see a similar home / showhome)

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
If nothing else, this speculation is definitely fun and has me very interested in the offseason.

I've been playing it off since I don't want to get my hopes up way too high but Duul has been right before concerning Lucic, Hall, and Hemsky. As well as Cyclone and his reasons. When it came to last off season, obviously Holland was in on Hall but the lack of money didn't allow it to work. Now there's lots of rumors that connect whether its him signing here, looking for a house here, the term and money being super identical at 5/5.5m which sets up the 'Having RNH and Hall under 11/12m' as well.
Of course there's still a chance he doesn't sign here like fans including I are hoping, but I hope it comes true.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Lol he's going to come all the way here to look for housing for weeks to get Boston to up their offer on the off chance Boston even hears about these rumours?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Should I add this to the pile? Twitter mutual has legit inside info in your opinion?

I think its best that you keep it the way it is other than adding that avs fan and cyclone.
Mind you, his friend could be wrong too. I'm just adding more fuel to the fire

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I've been playing it off since I don't want to get my hopes up way too high but Duul has been right before concerning Lucic, Hall, and Hemsky. As well as Cyclone and his reasons. When it came to last off season, obviously Holland was in on Hall but the lack of money didn't allow it to work. Now there's lots of rumors that connect whether its him signing here, looking for a house here, the term and money being super identical at 5/5.5m which sets up the 'Having RNH and Hall under 11/12m' as well.
Of course there's still a chance he doesn't sign here like fans including I are hoping, but I hope it comes true.
If Hall does come back, it'd be a nice reunion. Might be a sign to everybody to get back together with an old flame... ;)

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I think its best that you keep it the way it is other than adding that avs fan and cyclone.
Mind you, his friend could be wrong too. I'm just adding more fuel to the fire
Your rumor is as good as any lol. Well not as good as Johnston or Gazzola, but in the realm of the others.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Could be doing video call tours or other virtual methods. That's been really popular since COVID. People buying homes that they don't see in person (not that people don't buy off blueprints / floorplans all the time but they usually at least see a similar home / showhome)

Fair enough. Was just curious about it. There's certainly a lot of smoke building.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Your rumor is as good as any lol. Well not as good as Johnston or Gazzola, but in the realm of the others.

I'd like nothing more than the actual insiders to break the damn news already so we can either cheer knowing Hall's back or be disappointed and look elsewhere like a Hyman or Tatar. But yeah, there's a lot of legit smoke to the fire rumors here and everything just seems to make sense if you look back from last off season to now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad