Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Expansion Draft Edition, Unleash The Salary Cap Kraken's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Hall makes very little sense for Edmonton if he's looking to get paid fairly. The Oilers' top six wasn't the main issue last season and Hall's cap hit would tie up a significant amount of Edmonton's available cap space addressing that very thing.

That Blackwood rumor is incredibly odd, too. One of the best goaltenders in the league under 25. Why trade him?

The Oilers top 6 was a massive problem last season at even strength. It was entirely the McDavid show.

They need enough talent on the wings to run McDavid and Draisaitl on separate lines but Puljujarvi isn't good enough yet, Yamamoto fell of a cliff, and RNH is... okay.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Adam from Red Deer being right has really gotten the "I know a guy who knows a guy" posters to come out of the woodwork.

Would be great if we could keep a tally of all the posters who post that they've got legit inside info and have a ledger beside their name to see how many of y'all are full of shit and how many of you might actually know something.
I book marked a few this round. Keep forgetting if it’s the same people who appear at trade deadline too.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
AlarmedColossalJaguarundi.webp
What’re you trying to say?

#CrypticSoli

ilovetheshowlost

Sep 8, 2016
I hope everyone who has a source about Hall is proven correct. That will make all future rumours so much more exciting! I've spent the last hour watching Hall highlights. He's not a perfect player, but I'll be honest, it would be pretty cool (and emotional) seeing him back. Wonder if Russell would give him 4 again?

Reactions: Proko88

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Do people forget this is exactly what happened at Trade deadline? Oilers Twitter had convinced itself Hall was an Oiler, just to have Rishaug come after the trade and say the Oilers never even got involved.

Then the fanbase wanted Holland fired? It’s literally going to happen again

Do you also remember Holland saying, before the TDL, that we weren't going all in?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Do people forget this is exactly what happened at Trade deadline? Oilers Twitter had convinced itself Hall was an Oiler, just to have Rishaug come after the trade and say the Oilers never even got involved.

Then the fanbase wanted Holland fired? It’s literally going to happen again
It never made sense at the deadline.
Why would the Oilers pay to trade for a guy to sit 2 weeks in quarantine to play for them when they were possibly going to just sign him this off season anyway.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Why would the Oilers pay to trade for a guy to sit 2 weeks in quarantine to play for them when they were possibly going to just sign him this off season anyway.
Plus, Holland said before the trade deadline, that they weren't going to go all in trading wise at the deadline.

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
Lol at the idea of bringing hall back. How is that a good thing for this team?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The only important thing for the next 7 days is that Larsson doesn't sign a contract.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Lol at the idea of bringing hall back. How is that a good thing for this team?

A top six forward who has scored 20 goals countless times on the left wing brought in to replace Dominic Kahun. Yeah how is that good thing right?

I hope you're joking

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
You’re absolutely right it didn’t but people on here and Twitter were absolutely convinced it was going to happen and there was a meltdown when it didn’t. You’ve gotta take any mention of Hall and Edmonton with a massive grain of salt, the absolute obsession part of this fan base has with him means that any wanna be insider who is looking for follows or listens on a podcast knows to mention it and it’ll spread like wildfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad