Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Expansion Draft Edition, Unleash The Salary Cap Kraken's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
You’re absolutely right it didn’t but people on here and Twitter were absolutely convinced it was going to happen and there was a meltdown when it didn’t. You’ve gotta take any mention of Hall and Edmonton with a massive grain of salt, the absolute obsession part of this fan base has with him means that any wanna be insider who is looking for follows or listens on a podcast knows to mention it and it’ll spread like wildfire.

Tom Gazzola has talked about this since the starting of June. He never mentioned any of this during the deadline. Neither did Bob Stauffer. It's got legs now unlike back then

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Tom Gazzola has talked about this since the starting of June. He never mentioned any of this during the deadline. Neither did Bob Stauffer. It's got legs now unlike back then

TDL seemed more like wishful thinking rather than any legit rumours

Reactions: McTonyBrar

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Trade Kass for McCann
Trade Koski+Kahun for Cousins and pick
Neal and Klef to LTIR
Sign Hall, buy low on Tatar + McCabe + Perrault
Sign Mrazek and Ullmark
Sign Larsson and Yams

Hall-McD-Pulju
RNH-Drai-Yams
Cousins-McCann-Tatar
Perrault-McLeod-Arch

Nurse-Bear
McCabe-Larsson
Keith-Bouch

Mrazek
Ullmark

We’ll finally have enough skill for 2 PPs:

McD-Drai-Hall
Bouch-Pulju

Nuge-Perrault-Tatar
Yams-Nurse/Keith

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Oilers top 6 was a massive problem last season at even strength. It was entirely the McDavid show.

They need enough talent on the wings to run McDavid and Draisaitl on separate lines but Puljujarvi isn't good enough yet, Yamamoto fell of a cliff, and RNH is... okay.
It will continue to be the McDavid and Draisaitl show moving forward. I'm not saying the the top six doesn't need to be addressed. There needs to be an upgrade on whatever role Kahun held, but that shouldn't cost the team $7m over term.

Walking into next season with a similar bottom six would be a collosal failure, because it was the area of the roster that was consistently unreliable.

Hall is a one-dimensional scoring LW. And that one dimension has been relatively dormant for the majority of the past two seasons. Unless he's willing to sign a hometown discount to play in Edmonton, he's one of the least logical targets out there in free agency. That contract poses tremendous risk.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
These guys were using advanced stats last offseason to argue Koskinen was better or at least on par with Markstrom. He's god awful, and it's obvious to anyone who watches that the rest of the team hates playing in front of him. The Smith/Koskinen splits since January 2020 are absurd.
That guy is one of the biggest clowns out there. He is legitimately convinced that Bear is a better player than Tyson Barrie. He's got the stats to prove it.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It never made sense at the deadline.
Why would the Oilers pay to trade for a guy to sit 2 weeks in quarantine to play for them when they were possibly going to just sign him this off season anyway.
Yup. Also, it wouldn’t have made sense from Halls viewpoint too. He was coming off a horrible year in Buffalo and needed to play right away to start re-upping his value. Having to quarantine for 2 weeks instead of play right away would make no sense.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Lol at the idea of bringing hall back. How is that a good thing for this team?

Idk man, a top 6 driving winger that still have offensive skills that would provide scoring, would take some load from McDrai, has chemistry with Drai (sample size with McDavid is too small to question) and would prevent Tippett from loading up McDrai again? It amazes me how people can ask these type of questions after witnessing the lack of offensive power on the top 6 wings while the team losing to both the blackhawks and jets with Tippett constantly loading up McDrai as nothing more than a 1 line team.

scotchtapejr

Dec 28, 2018
I could see Hall coming back now that everyone's conjecturing that his cap hit will be in the 5-6 million range.

Wouldn't want him here on a 7 year contract though. He went from a 90pt player to wherever he is at now, pretty quickly. Injury issues combined with the way he plays. Meh.

5 years max.

Also, I would take his text to Whitney, debunking the rumors with a grain of salt. First of all, he'd risk Whitney exposing collusion. Secondly, Whitney's a douche.

NRD on Twitter does have a good track record though. So who knows.

Reactions: Oilhawks

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
We should do a Talley of the Hall to Edmonton and Hall not to Edmonton rumours:

Hall to Edmonton:
- Gazzola (plugged in former Oilers media guy and current TSN member) - Says he’s heard from people it’s a possibility. Also, could see this year as the year Oilers go all in adding a guy like Hall and/or Hyman
- Chris Johnston (legit TSN media member) - Said Hall wanted back in October but the cap space wasn’t there. Speculates that it will be a better possibility in the off season when the Oilers have freed cap.
- Snipes (a random poster who alleges he’s called trades and signings before) - Says he’s already bought land here and will be coming back confirmed. Source: owning expensive real estate and dealing with people that would buy such real estate ie. millionaire NHLers
- duul- Says he’s coming back and called the Lucic signing before it was confirmed
- 2muttspodcast (a local Oilers podcast run by local Edmonton realtor) - says not to be surprised to see Hall back, does not go into details regarding sources.
- Avs fan on Avs trade rumours board - Says he’s also heard from sources hall to Edmonton is a thing. Doesn’t seem like a troll job since it’s Avs fan to an Avs audience.
- Cyclonesweep (Hfboards regular) - Hall wanted to come here last summer but no cap. Verbal Agreement is in place to try again this summer.
- Oilers89 (hfboards semi-regular) - states to take with grain of salt but has a friend who knows a guy with legit connects. States there’s a deal done for Hall tucked away. Connor and Hall are hanging out in the shushwaps.
- McAsuno (hfboards regular) - reached out to a Twitter true that may have sources to get his thoughts on the rumors. Twitter source says the rumours are true.

Hall not coming to Edmonton
- Whitney (former Oilers and Hall’s buddy) - texted Hall regarding the rumours and got a no in response. Should be safe to assume that even if the answer was a “yes I’m coming back”, he would not let that leak to the Spitting Chiclets podcast while he’s still Bruins property and the bidding period has not even started.
- NHL Rumors Daily Twitter Account (no idea who this is or if there’s an credibility) - says he seriously doubts it’s happening. Seems to be basing that opinion on the Whitney thing. So doesn’t actually have sources.

I think I have that summed up and include everything. Tell me if I missed anything.

Last edited:

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
My head is spinning like the exorcist kid with all the stuff flying around. Where'd the Gibson rumour come from?

Assuming this?

On Tim & Friends today. Couldn’t find video but the podcast is now out. Johnston comes on at 52:46. Gibson speculation at 61:13

‎Tim and Friends: July 12: Italy Wins Euro and Pierre McGuire Is Back In A Front Office on Apple Podcasts

Very light speculation to say the least but something worth discussing.

Sportsnet: - Chris Johnston: Name That’s Kinda Been Out There is John Gibson

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

OilersCoffeeArtBeer

Jun 7, 2021
Seattle

Hall to Edmonton:
- Gazzola (plugged in former Oilers media guy and current TSN member) - Says he’s heard from people it’s a possibility
- Snipes (a random poster who alleges he’s called trades and signings before) - Says he’s already bought land here and will be coming back confirmed. Source: owning expensive real estate and dealing with people that would buy such real estate ie. millionaire NHLers
- duul- Says he’s coming back and called the Lucic signing before it was confirmed
- 2muttspodcast (a local Oilers podcast run by local Edmonton realtor) - says not to be surprised to see Hall back, does not go into details regarding sources.

- Whitney (former Oilers and Hall’s buddy) - texted Hall regarding the rumours and got a no in response.
- NHL Rumors Daily Twitter Account (no idea who this is or if there’s an credibility) - says it’s not happening

I think I have that summed up and include everything. Tell me if I missed anything.
You can add the Chris Johnston hall rumour from last year to the tally for Hall to Edmonton.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Hall to Edmonton:
- Gazzola (plugged in former Oilers media guy and current TSN member) - Says he’s heard from people it’s a possibility

- Whitney (former Oilers and Hall’s buddy) - texted Hall regarding the rumours and got a no in response.
- NHL Rumors Daily Twitter Account (no idea who this is or if there’s an credibility) - says it’s not happening

Also Oilers89 from the other day calling it legitimate

Reactions: McTonyBrar

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Just msged a twitter mutual to let him know about these Taylor Hall rumors. His response? He heard from his friend who's in real estate which connects the line with Hall looking for a house here is that his fiancé has been searching for housing around April in Edmonton. I don't talk to this mutual much, but for him to mention this is pretty juicy.

ilovetheshowlost

Sep 8, 2016

Hall to Edmonton:
- Chris Johnston (legit TSN media member) - says Hall

- NHL Rumors Daily Twitter Account (no idea who this is or if there’s an credibility) - says he seriously doubts it’s happening. Seems to be basing that opinion on the Whitney thing. So doesn’t actually have sources.

Great idea! Thank you for putting this all together. This really hits home all the smoke there's been. Hard to ignore. Appreciate everyone coming forward with what they've heard! Certainly hope it's true.

Reactions: CravenMH

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
You can add the Chris Johnston hall rumour from last year to the tally for Hall to Edmonton.
This. Chris Johnston said on Dangle's podcast last October that he thinks Hall wants to go back to Edmonton, but there wasn't enough cap space to make it work. They were only able to offer $4.5 million for one year. He also said that this summer is when the Oilers would have a lot more money freed up to try again.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Just msged a twitter mutual to let him know about these Taylor Hall rumors. His response? He heard from his friend who's in real estate which connects the line with Hall looking for a house here is that his fiancé has been searching for housing around April in Edmonton. I don't talk to this mutual much, but for him to mention this is pretty juicy.
Looks like you'll have to ask for that Oilers Hall jersey back from your ex. ;)

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
This. Chris Johnston said on Dangle's podcast last October that he thinks Hall wants to go back to Edmonton, but there wasn't enough cap space to make it work. They were only able to offer $4.5 million for one year. He pointed out that this summer is when the Oilers would have a lot more money freed up to try again.
Ahh great summation. I will rewrite my summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad