Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Deadline Edition, Trade Deadline 4/12 3PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
You think that was the entire point of the trade.

You can't include previous ones? Decisions are hopefully not made in a vacuum. Soon you could end up with four, five, six million in dead cap space. What savings!

They are already in for 2.25 million dead cap space for the next two years. Then add Neals'.

Holland has stated there will be no more buyouts. I'm hoping he is being honest. ;)

Edmonton Oilers won't buy out James Neal, not this year at least | Edmonton Journal

Alright. It just comes down to whether the Oilers are better with a $3.8M player (Rakell) and a bought out Neal or with Neal and if it’s worth sacrificing space in years three and four.

In general I’m opposed to multi-year buyouts if the guy can play at all. Didn’t like the Pouliot buyout at the time or the Sekera buyout. But I can see the logic on Neal.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
So, Oilers have 2.3 mill in LTIR cap space, does that mean trade Chaisson and his 2.1 gives the oilers the chance to acquire a 4.4 annual salary player.... or a player that makes upto 8.8 mill with 50% retained..... so Chaisson, 2022 2nd and Lagasson for Hall would work and be cap compliant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad