Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Come on Chia, Throw Hitch a Bone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Amazingly... the team gets worse offensively somehow.

They move out players who have scored 19 pts this season for 2 players that have scored 4 pts combined this season.

Outside of the big 3 ...McD/Drai/RNH the team only has 2 healthy bodies that have scored more than a dozen pts this year... Nurse and Khaira.

I expect a Nurse+Khaira deal shortly for a couple NHL players with max 5 pts between them.

Gotta grab those rock bottom players where the only possible way is up for them... or well... they could just stay down... down... down...

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Chicago fans are legit praising their GM as if he's the second coming for getting rid of Manning's contract. Absolutely 0% chance anyone will be calling Chiarelli at the deadline for that useless plug. He's been healthy scratched since early December.

A lot of things going wrong in Chicago...if a players play never dropped off then he would likely never get traded.
I am not saying he will be a good player for this team. I am just suggesting that I need to know a little more about what happened in Chicago.

Lets just say that i am not as quick to jump on the quick to anger train just because its easy and popular right now.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Calling up gambardella really makes me wonder about the zykov waiving thing even more.

I don't think Hitch cared for Zykov.

Personally I think Hitch evaluates players both during games and during practices. It's why he moved Khaira up when his in game play wasn't that great. Moving Khaira up at the time was a good decision and one he decided on while watching him during practice.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I should just repeat the same response I made to Cloned.
Of course you are going to double down on your anger and overstate.

Its all good though. I get it.

It's not anger; it's justifiable disappointment and bewilderment. You can choose to remain more indifferent, but to be honest I'm not sure indifference is any more virtuous than bewilderment in this particular situation.

Reactions: frag2

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton

Personally I think Hitch evaluates players both during games and during practices. It's why he moved Khaira up when his in game play wasn't that great. Moving Khaira up at the time was a good decision and one he decided on while watching him during practice.
yeah, theres more too it for sure, but a proven AHL goal scorer seems like someone you'd maybe be willing to cut some slack on a team so desperate for scoring, with no good ahl options left.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Absolutely agree and it will be ongoing for the rest of the season.
There is every reason to believe that Hitch is providing input on the players that have been traded.

Thats part of why I am not getting all bent out of shape over these trades. I trust his judgement and I happen to agree with moving Caggiula.
Ironically a player that most of this board hated for the majority of his time as an Oiler. Not now though.

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
We didn't free up any cap space or change anything that would allow us to move anything of value.

I'm pretty sure that recall of Gambardella is the signal that we're done for the day. They wouldn't be calling up a forward if we were planning to replace cagguila via trade.

If Sekera is done, like has been hinted. Use that can space to acquire Benn.

mcdavid nuge
Leon Benn

We can make playoffs with those in top 6

North

Jun 25, 2009
yeah, theres more too it for sure, but a proven AHL goal scorer seems like someone you'd maybe be willing to cut some slack on a team so desperate for scoring, with no good ahl options left.

A proven AHL goal scorer means sweet f*** all if he's not scoring in the NHL.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It's not anger; it's justifiable disappointment and bewilderment. You can choose to remain more indifferent, but to be honest I'm not sure indifference is any more virtuous than bewilderment in this particular situation.

Its not about being virtuous...that is just silly...as silly as some of the posts in here.

I just happen to think that Hitch is involved in whats happening and as largely irrelevant as these trades are trading Caggiula and Garrison does not make this team worse.
Its not significant but the D is better.

Not the first time I have disagreed with the hive mind and it likely wont be the last.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
A lot of things going wrong in Chicago...if a players play never dropped off then he would likely never get traded.
I am not saying he will be a good player for this team. I am just suggesting that I need to know a little more about what happened in Chicago.

Lets just say that i am not as quick to jump on the quick to anger train just because its easy and popular right now.

He wasn't good in Philly either though.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
If Sekera is done, like has been hinted. Use that can space to acquire Benn.

mcdavid nuge
Leon Benn

We can make playoffs with those in top 6

But why would any of todays moves have to be made to accommodate that?

Also, I'm on the no thanks to benn train. I'm sure he won't be lucic bad, but a powerforward heading for the later stages of his career is not someone I wanna put my money on.

Reactions: McDrai

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Its not about being virtuous...tha is just silly...as silly as some of the posts in here.

I just happen to think that Hitch is involved in whats happening and as largely irrelavtn as these trades are trading Caggiula and Garrison does not make this team worse.
Its not significant but the D is better.
Is the D actually better though? Petrovic might be slightly better than Wideman, but Manning isn't better than Benning or Jones (or Russell for that matter). Plus they lost offense and a pick on top of all that.

I'm having a hard time seeing the rationale for the Caggiula move in particular.

Reactions: MinimaMoralia

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Is the D actually better though? Petrovic might be slightly better than Wideman, but Manning isn't better than Benning or Jones (or Russell for that matter). Plus they lost offense and a pick on top of all that.

I'm having a hard time seeing the rationale for the Caggiula move in particular.

Petrovic is a better defensive dman that either Garrison or Wideman. Caggiula was a net negative. Yes he scored but he gave up way too much IMO.

This team has no secondary scoring and isnt getting any anytime soon. The only option was to try and shore up the defence a little for the interim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad