Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Come on Chia, Throw Hitch a Bone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Grigorenko is rumoured to be contemplating a comeback. I wonder how much money he wants? Even if he hasn’t progressed (which it looks like he has just going off stats) he’s a guy who can provide some depth scoring. And IIRC, he was one of the players we talked to back in 2012 was he not?

Reactions: MessierII

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Grigorenko is rumoured to be contemplating a comeback. I wonder how much money he wants? Even if he hasn’t progressed (which it looks like he has just going off stats) he’s a guy who can provide some depth scoring. And IIRC, he was one of the players we talked to back in 2012 was he not?

Supposed to be Mr. Perimeter according to Avs fans. Very skilled but always plays on the outside.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Supposed to be Mr. Perimeter according to Avs fans. Very skilled but always plays on the outside.

That’s not necessarily a problem. The only issue there is if you throw him out with a bunch of other perimeter players. If you throw him out there with like Khaira and Lucic for a 3rd line, he doesn’t really need to drive the net

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
as the Canes sink in the east I'd be looking at their defense. It's still too early, but if their season continues this way they will start listening.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
That’s not necessarily a problem. The only issue there is if you throw him out with a bunch of other perimeter players. If you throw him out there with like Khaira and Lucic for a 3rd line, he doesn’t really need to drive the net
I don't think we need anymore of that kind of player, we have a bunch.

If we are bolstering our forward core we need a legit 2 way, 3C and scoring wingers. No more passers or playmakers.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
as the Canes sink in the east I'd be looking at their defense. It's still too early, but if their season continues this way they will start listening.

we would need to send cap back to get the D we would be interested in. Even with Klefbom and Sekera IR spot--we would not be able to add either Faulk or Pescoe to the roster with the current savings. I could be wrong, but you can only add cap for the current savings and not future projected savings.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
I fully support trading for Faulk since Brind'Amour's decision to start him on their top PP over Hamilton is killing me in fantasy.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I fully support trading for Faulk since Brind'Amour's decision to start him on their top PP over Hamilton is killing me in fantasy.
lol, but yeah I do think Faulk is a major target, but he doesn't have to be the only one.

We could get Hamilton as well, and get boosted that way since he'd kill it here.

But even their lesser D could do.

Right now however, Carolina's desire to be to only trade for a big player, and perhaps keep the likes of Hamilton and Faulk, but perhaps make a bigger trade by parting with Slavin or Pesce. A Toronto trade could be the answer there. I doubt they'd succeed there, but they will try.

I would not be surprised at all though, if Hamilton is the odd one out. He's been traded a lot now, and it seems whoever gets him doesn't feel that they got what they thought they'd get

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
lol, but yeah I do think Faulk is a major target, but he doesn't have to be the only one.

We could get Hamilton as well, and get boosted that way since he'd kill it here.

But even their lesser D could do.

Right now however, Carolina's desire to be to only trade for a big player, and perhaps keep the likes of Hamilton and Faulk, but perhaps make a bigger trade by parting with Slavin or Pesce. A Toronto trade could be the answer there. I doubt they'd succeed there, but they will try.

I would not be surprised at all though, if Hamilton is the odd one out. He's been traded a lot now, and it seems whoever gets him doesn't feel that they got what they thought they'd get
Holy f*** I would love to have Hamilton on this team. Him and McDavid on the powerplay would be ridiculous. There are few players that would be a better fit for this team than him.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

I loved Grigorenko the prospect but I don't think there's a fit for him here at all:

1. He's Russian. The Oilers do not handle Russians well. But maybe he ignores that anyway. (on the plus side, his English is excellent and was part of why I thought he'd be a good NHLer)
2. He's a perimeter player AND a playmaker first. He also prefers centre (or did in Jr's, not sure if that's changed now). We need wingers who shoot well first and foremost.
3. He will want a good shot at a top 6 spot. Given 2 that seems unlikely here.

Still, I'd be curious to see where he ends up.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I wonder how available a guy like Palmieri is. I think he'd be a good fit in our top 6. They also have the cap space to potentially take on Lucic.

I pitched Nurse + Lucic + 1st for Palmieri. The way I see it, dumping Lucic's contract would be possibly the best thing for this organization to move forward. Nurse and a 1st is a huge overpayment, but Palmieri is a 55-60 point winger which we desperately need.

Obviously not the kind of trade you make right now, but once Klefbom, Sekera, and Russell are back I think it's tenable to trade Nurse.

Reactions: GOilers88

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
I don't think we need anymore of that kind of player, we have a bunch.

If we are bolstering our forward core we need a legit 2 way, 3C and scoring wingers. No more passers or playmakers.

Berglund probably fits the bill. Can’t cost much, all-time low value, works well with Hitch, consistent 15-20 goal guy, with horrid playmaking abilities. Upgrade on Spoons.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I wonder how available a guy like Palmieri is. I think he'd be a good fit in our top 6. They also have the cap space to potentially take on Lucic.

I pitched Nurse + Lucic + 1st for Palmieri. The way I see it, dumping Lucic's contract would be possibly the best thing for this organization to move forward. Nurse and a 1st is a huge overpayment, but Palmieri is a 55-60 point winger which we desperately need.

Obviously not the kind of trade you make right now, but once Klefbom, Sekera, and Russell are back I think it's tenable to trade Nurse.
That's awful

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Berglund? At this point it would be like 1 yr at like $900K

Could you imagine turning away, what was it, 12 million for a fraction of that? I mean, it’s still ludicrous riches to the rest of us mortals, but man, whatever he was going through in Buffalo must have been heavy.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he just goes back to play at home.

Reactions: Shathar

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
Could you imagine turning away, what was it, 12 million for a fraction of that? I mean, it’s still ludicrous riches to the rest of us mortals, but man, whatever he was going through in Buffalo must have been heavy.

I think this is the most likely scenario, if he doesn't retire completely.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I can't imagine it, but I can respect someone who is willing to do so because he's unhappy (or he's miserable), basically because it would be better for him.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Not sure why Berglund would have any interest in Edmonton, or why any team would have any interest in him at this point.

If he truly failed to report because he wasn't happy with his usage as a bottom 6 forward, is he expecting to be handed a top 6 spot somewhere? He's a 30 year old grinder with average at best skating, and has 20 goals three times in his entire career, including two time almost 10 years ago. Anyone who banks on him filling a top 6 role is looking to be disappointed.

All of that mixed with whatever the hell is going on now... I'd be surprised if his NHL career isn't over.

The fact that he seems willing to give up almost 4m a year for this year as well as the next 3, because he seemingly can't accept a lesser role is seriously concerning.

Maybe he's holding out for Seattle where he hopes he can step in and take a top 6 role

Reactions: MessierII

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Not sure why Berglund would have any interest in Edmonton, or why any team would have any interest in him at this point.

If he truly failed to report because he wasn't happy with his usage as a bottom 6 forward, is he expecting to be handed a top 6 spot somewhere? He's a 30 year old grinder with average at best skating, and has 20 goals three times in his entire career, including two time almost 10 years ago. Anyone who banks on him filling a top 6 role is looking to be disappointed.

All of that mixed with whatever the hell is going on now... I'd be surprised if his NHL career isn't over.

The fact that he seems willing to give up almost 4m a year for this year as well as the next 3, because he seemingly can't accept a lesser role is seriously concerning.

Maybe he's holding out for Seattle where he hopes he can step in and take a top 6 role
Sounds like someone Chia would pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad