Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Come on Chia, Throw Hitch a Bone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
LMAO embarrassing that he would even ask. This org is just beyond dysfunctional.

You're the boss Peter. If Manning is your guy he's your guy.

Yeah, I mean, it's nice that mcdavid said it was okay, but do you really look at a number 7 dman and think "dang what a player... I wonder if i should risk upsetting my once in a lifetime player to bring him in"

Reactions: Yeah15

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
LMAO embarrassing that he would even ask. This org is just beyond dysfunctional.

Bull, it's a partnership and Connor is the core, this was the right way to approach it. McDavid likely hates Manning, but hates losing more.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The issue being that these minor trades don't make any sense and continue to slowly make the team worse piece by piece.

He's going to end up scorch earth-ing this roster to the point where the next GM can't do anything significant for at least 2 years after he gets hired.

I think this is an over reaction but I know you will double down and thats fine.

A lot of upset people here choosing to over react...par for the course.

Reactions: belair

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Maybe Nurse + for Nylander? I think Toronto def has a spot for Nurse...home town boy....gritty. They are a pretty soft team.

Nurse+Caggiula for Nylander would have been a good deal for both sides. But Chia doesnt like to acquire useful players. He likes to trade them away and receive trash in return

Reactions: Mez

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The org has decided that the goal of each game is to lay big hits and not score goals

Chia is at the cap limit and has no wiggle room...I am actually glad for that because it means all he can do is minor deals like this. There is no goal scorer coming and to be honest I wouldn't want Chia attempting that deal anyway.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think this is an over reaction but I know you will double down and thats fine.

We can disagree, that's fine too.

The proof will be in the pudding, as they say. If Chia isn't fired anytime soon, we're going to continue to see desperation trades that will scuttle what little remaining roster depth we have.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Jones and Gravel have shown their worth as NHLers. Larsson, Klefbom, Nurse and Russell are all NHLers, as is Benning to a degree. The fact that both guys that were brought in add toughness makes me think that someone with toughness heads out.

I can't get behind jones yet.

Gravel i agree makes a fine bottom pairing Dman, but jones is 6 games in. He looks good now, but how many times are we going to plan our futures around a small sample size?

as I see it, we have a healthy D lineup of

larsson - number 2-3 Dman (playing like a number 4 at best lately)
Nurse - 4-5 Dman
Gravel - 5-6 Dman
Jones - too early to tell
Rusell - 4-5 Dman
Benning - 6-7 Dman
Petro - 6-7 Dman
Manning - 6-7 Dman

We loaded up on bottom pairing dmen in order to make up for a lack of top 4 dmen.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Chia is at the cap limit and has no wiggle room...I am actually glad for that because it means all he can do is minor deals like this. There is no goal scorer coming and to be honest I wouldn't want Chia attempting that deal anyway.
He made our f***ing cap situation worse...while also made the team worse

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

2 other teams fanbases are celebrating right now. It's Mardi Gras in 2 cities right now. How are people on this board "over reacting"

North

Jun 25, 2009

Wait...people were bitching that he traded for Manning because McDavid "hates" him and then Chia asks McDavid if he'd be okay with it and he said yes and people are still bitching?

I don't like the deal but Chia actually did the right thing by approaching Connor. He didn't have to.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I think your on to something...there is no logical reason to bring in two more D

They'll just send Jones back down. Russell is probably coming back soon

Nurse-Larsson
Russell-Benning
Manning-Petrovic
Gravel

That's the ugliest D unit I've ever seen...

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So we remove an NHL forward, replace him with another AHL guy and add a #6/7 in Petrovic and a #75 in Manning. Good lord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce