Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Any further moves before opening night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm not a fan of Faulk, but he has way more value than Kassian.

Kassian may have negative value at this point.
And trading something of significant value like the 1st to negate his poor value isn't advisable considering Faulk likely isn't the difference between us winning the Cup or not. Realistically we're looking at Faulk to be a boon to the PP. There are much cheaper options, though less experienced, out there to do that.

Reactions: rambo97

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I cant see them doing much until the start of the season when they can put Sekera on LTIR. It probably depends on how they start the year as well.

I wouldnt mind Faulk for Kassian/Cagguila plus some smaller adds but honestly if Faulk hasnt been traded yet, I think Carolina thinks he has good value. I think it would be a mistake to trade him for good prospects or first/second rounders. Everything I have read about him is that hes good on the PP and not much else.

I dont see the point of giving a lot of assets up to get him when we have Bouchard. Sure he may not be ready this year, but between Bear/Bouchard we should be fine for a year till Bouchard is ready.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I cant see them doing much until the start of the season when they can put Sekera on LTIR. It probably depends on how they start the year as well.

I wouldnt mind Faulk for Kassian/Cagguila plus some smaller adds but honestly if Faulk hasnt been traded yet, I think Carolina thinks he has good value. I think it would be a mistake to trade him for good prospects or first/second rounders. Everything I have read about him is that hes good on the PP and not much else.

I dont see the point of giving a lot of assets up to get him when we have Bouchard. Sure he may not be ready this year, but between Bear/Bouchard we should be fine for a year till Bouchard is ready.

Also I am not sure how we do it cap wise. Faulk makes 4.8 million. Even if we could get him for Kassian/Cagguila.

We would have:

Sekera 5.5 mil
Klefbom 4.2 mil
Larsson 4.2 mil
Russell 4.0 mil
Nurse 3.2 mil

I mean the Oilers dont have any overly gross contracts on defense but they still have a lot of money tied up on defense. With Faulk they would have nearly 6 defenseman over 4 mil per year. With the way JP is looking this year (and potentially Talbot), they better be careful with their cap situation. I really think the team needs to try and find a way to get out of the Lucic and Sekera contracts if they want to improve going forward.

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
And trading something of significant value like the 1st to negate his poor value isn't advisable considering Faulk likely isn't the difference between us winning the Cup or not. Realistically we're looking at Faulk to be a boon to the PP. There are much cheaper options, though less experienced, out there to do that.

Nicely said Belair. I said this in the summer and I'll say it now....trading a 1st would be an idiotic move.

There are definitely some potential players we can grab for much cheaper. You've mentioned Schmaltz and I agree on him. Honka could become available as well.

Another player that might not help on the PP but I find intriguing is M. Bowey. Saw on the trade forums his name pop up and I've always liked him. Think he has some untapped potential. Plus he comes from the dman factory - Kelowna Rockets.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Nicely said Belair. I said this in the summer and I'll say it now....trading a 1st would be an idiotic move.

There are definitely some potential players we can grab for much cheaper. You've mentioned Schmaltz and I agree on him. Honka could become available as well.

Another player that might not help on the PP but I find intriguing is M. Bowey. Saw on the trade forums his name pop up and I've always liked him. Think he has some untapped potential. Plus he comes from the dman factory - Kelowna Rockets.
Also mentioned on the mains is someone who likely lost their job due to the Karlsson trade--Tim Heed.

Plenty of players out there available for a fraction of what the Faulk ask would be.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Oh ****! How good is Florida's cap situation? Maybe we can make a deal involving a cap dump plus good pick/prospect?
Not great. 2mil it looks like and Petrovic is 2mil. So 4mil.

Although they have Hutchinson at 1.3mil as a third stringer. Not sure how long that lasts

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
Also mentioned on the mains is someone who likely lost their job due to the Karlsson trade--Tim Heed.

Plenty of players out there available for a fraction of what the Faulk ask would be.

Oh man Heed would be excellent. His shot is amazing. Good offensive dman. Needs work on the defensive side but offensively he's good.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Not great. 2mil it looks like and Petrovic is 2mil. So 4mil.

Although they have Hutchinson at 1.3mil as a third stringer. Not sure how long that lasts

Ayy that sucks. Would consider a 1st for him though, I think he's ready to go.

Although, it would be best to see if it's a lotto pick first.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Letestu is a black hole with a failing body.

Teams have wisened up to the fact that these players are simple liabilities. Nice guy but he's done.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'd rather see bear or even Bouchard given the opportunity than spend assets on another mediocre D man.
This is reference to Petrovic, correct? Then you are completely correct, though if it's part of something where Benning is moved, then it might make more sense. Other then that, go with the youth in the organization, just as you say Fury.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
This is reference to Petrovic, correct? Then you are completely correct, though if it's part of something where Benning is moved, then it might make more sense. Other then that, go with the youth in the organization, just as you say Fury.

I'd rather have Benning than Petrovic.

Reactions: fuswald

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
For once I agree with Matty.

You can usually get some decent depth at F or D on the 'Wire.

Some teams are stacked on D. Preds, Bruins etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad