Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Any further moves before opening night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
I thought I heard that the pre-season game in Germany will be on big ice but the regular season game in Sweden will be on NHL-sized ice.

Nope, they play at the Scandinavium arena which is the bigger ice.

Reactions: Aerrol

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Sounds like the boards in the Scandinavium can be switched to NHL dimensions, so I'm going to guess that Matheson is correct and that the game will be played on NHL ice.

Reactions: ujju2

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
What’s the latest on Justin Faulk rumours. Thought it might be a possibility at end of training camp??

Him and Nurse on 2nd pair. I like.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
What’s the latest on Justin Faulk rumours. Thought it might be a possibility at end of training camp??

thought it'd have to wait until the season for LTIR reasons

not that I think it'll happen or really think it should

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I thought the person propagating those rumors said we walked away from trying to acquire him.

Not necessarily Faulk, but stauffer had been alluding, and Nielsen tweeted that we would be acquiring a veteran dman upon putting Sekera on LTIR, but I don’t think we’ve heard anything since then and that was before camp.

I’m gonna go ahead and guess that was all smoke much like the rumors that we were supposed to trade Lucic pre July 1 after we paid his bonus that Strickland put out.

Both could have been true but I think the fact we have to wait and then have the teams or our team change our mind, I’m going to guess Chia just hopes for the best with Bouchard, not that I agree with that

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

I am big on us getting Faulk, but as far as I know there are no rumors, and have never been.

There's just well founded speculation. People have put the pieces together, and that includes some high up people that have went as far to check Faulk's NMC, which does have Edm as a possible destination.

Overall, I'm going to guess that perhaps Bouchard gets his 9 game stint, and that a trade for Faulk would happen as Bouchard gets sent down. If it's Bear that plays instead, then the timing is much looser, and if we did trade for Faulk it would come down to how Bear was playing.

I also think that Carolina would be okay with trading Faulk, but wouldn't mind delaying that for a bit, on the chance that he proves important to their winning ways. If Faulk starts slow and the Canes are low in the standings early, I think a trade happens. If he is hot and the Canes are in decent position, they demand RNH or its no deal.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think we'll see something like Kassian for Gunnarsson (once Sekera goes on LTIR).

RNH - McD - Rattie
Lucic - Drai - Yamamoto
Khaira - Strome - JP
Caggiula - Brodziak - Rieder
Chiasson

Klef - Larsson
Nurse - Russell
Gunnarsson - Benning
Bouchard

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
There probably have been trade talks about acquiring a defenseman. I think now we (and quite possibly the other team(s)) are at a wait and see stage to figure out if a trade is actually needed or not. We'd probably see the trade early in the regular season if it's happening.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think we'll see something like Kassian for Gunnarsson (once Sekera goes on LTIR).

RNH - McD - Rattie
Lucic - Drai - Yamamoto
Khaira - Strome - JP
Caggiula - Brodziak - Rieder
Chiasson

Klef - Larsson
Nurse - Russell
Gunnarsson - Benning
Bouchard
I agree, I'd keep a close eye on St Louis to see how the opening few games go. Robert Bortuzzo's gonna be sitting out for a couple with that elbow play last game. So Schmaltz is going to get a few games to show his stuff. If he doesn't do much, I could see them moving on him pretty quickly.

Reactions: ezMac18

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I like Kerby Rychel... wouldn't mind having him in the Oilers org but I doubt they pick him up off waivers because they have others that would be ahead of him on the prospect list... but he's a solid prospect and every year I figure he might break out... yet he never does.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I like Kerby Rychel... wouldn't mind having him in the Oilers org but I doubt they pick him up off waivers because they have others that would be ahead of him on the prospect list... but he's a solid prospect and every year I figure he might break out... yet he never does.

Rychel good prospect? He bounces around a lot for someone who is a good prospect. I think he has issues.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

Stauffer has still been beating the Faulk for Kassian drum, and maintains that if it happens it will be after the start of the season, possibly even a couple weeks. Sounds like its dependen on if Bouchard is good enough to last past the 9 game mark. If so, no Faulk. If Bouchard can't handle it, hello Faulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad