Rumor: Rumors and Proposals: 9 Days and Counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
As much as I hate to admit it we are not taking a sc run with this team. chia knows this and more then likely realizes the new core is the future and that means we won't be makin a run until the likes of hall and Eberles contracts are up. More then likely we are going to do a quick touch rebuild being the fondation Is solid with McD, Dra, klefbom, nurse. These are the new core and 3 years Away from a major push IMO. As much as that sucks. I feel if we try and use his core to make it we will make it to the playoffs but never a legit contender

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Outsider asking a non troll question: If you guys win the lottery, do you trade RNH immediately for D help?

I don't even care who they trade any more, but it is interesting to me that the team has only won 3 of 13 games since Nugent-Hopkins went down for injury. I seem to recall some people pointing out that this was exactly what was going to happen when he got injured and they certainly appear correct. For all the crap Nugent-Hopkins takes from some folks around here he certainly seems to have a tangible impact on how the Oilers do.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
I don't even care who they trade any more, but it is interesting to me that the team has only won 3 of 13 games since Nugent-Hopkins went down for injury. I seem to recall some people pointing out that this was exactly what was going to happen when he got injured and they certainly appear correct. For all the crap Nugent-Hopkins takes from some folks around here he certainly seems to have a tangible impact on how the Oilers do.

The Oilers lose no matter what

they lost to Ana, Win, Min, Col, NJ, NYI, Mtl, Nas, Dal, TB.

With Nuge they most likely lose those games no matter what. Maybe the Preds & Jets cause they were home games but even then that's a stretch for Nashville.

Won against Ott, TO, CbJ,

Obvious wins

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
I am glad that this community is finally on board with trading pretty well anyone in rebuild 1.0 provided that it makes this team better. Which is probably will just by addition through subtraction.

Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yakupov and Schultz are all too similar. Too small. Not physical. I was never convinced that we would win with all of them. I've been on the "blow it up" bandwagon for a couple of seasons now.

This team wasn't/isn't diverse enough. Too many redundant players. Once this team deals the right players, signs some better fits and decides to develop defense, they'll finally be in the right direction. We have the best building block in a decade on this team, and a better, more diverse supporting cast around him in Draisaitl, Nurse and Klefbom (and maybe even Brossoit.)

The mix has been wrong from the start, and I'm glad that many can finally plainly see what I have been seeing for years.

Lets blow up 1.0 and make this team tougher, deeper and more willing to get to the dirty places to score goals.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I have a feeling we are going to see a very different looking team next season.

Our d isnt good enough, goaltending isnt good enough bottom 6 isnt good enough. Yeah we will trade one of Ebs or Nuge for a dman, I think Yak will be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad