Rumor: Rumors and Proposals: 5 Days Until Armageddon (Free agency). Need the D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
Staying status quo and drafting top 3 is gonna be a lot worse.

I'd rather finish bottom 3 without spending that kind of absurd money on Lucic. With him I don't think we're that much better. Essentially takes Maroons spot from him. If the price is right by all means I'd welcome him. But if we're going 6 or 7 years and over $6M like rumoured. That's an untradable contract in 3 years.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Just because they're bringing Russell in, that doesn't mean he's signing in Edmonton. Chill

Lucic seems like a strong possibility. Not really interested in Demers, doesn't really excel at any aspect and $11M of him and Sekera for the next 5 seasons both of who will be 30 soon is a scary proposition.

Stick to Lucic Chia, trade for the other Dman or two.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
No, I'm fine with change though.

Even if that change is ultimately detrimental? Hey, it's change.

This team needs to get stronger on the back end and tougher up front. That all comes at a price. You overpay in UFA no matter what. The trade market right now for a defenseman isn't great. You're paying either way.

Team needs good players. That's it.

Pick your poison because if this team is going to make the playoffs any time soon, you need to pick one or both options. Unless you're fine with seeing if McDavid can take this ****show of a team to the promised land on his own.

Again: doing nothing and doing something dumb are not the only choices here.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Kris Russel is bad at hockey, and a LHD...the reason he blocks so many shots is cause he can't get the puck out of his zone!
please no Chia....get Brian Campbell if you want a LHD...he's a vet that brings offense and can still run a PP

Lucic wanting 6 years is understandable and someone will give it to him, let's just hope it isn't the Oilers
paying broken down 34 year old 6 million is a scary thought

I can see McLellan selling Edmonton to Demers, and I like the idea of signing him to a 5-year deal at 5 million (yes, a lot of money but you overpay in Free Agency)...I hope he signs here

get Demers, add another d-man Chia

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'd rather finish bottom 3 without spending that kind of absurd money on Lucic. With him I don't think we're that much better. Essentially takes Maroons spot from him. If the price is right by all means I'd welcome him. But if we're going 6 or 7 years and over $6M like rumoured. That's an untradable contract in 3 years.

There's always this guy to do business with:

hkn-canucks-wrap-20150429.jpg

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
Kris Russel is bad at hockey, and a LHD...the reason he blocks so many shots is cause he can't get the puck out of his zone!
please no Chia....get Brian Campbell if you want a LHD...he's a vet that brings offense and can still run a PP

Lucic wanting 6 years is understandable and someone will give it to him, let's just hope it isn't the Oilers
paying broken down 34 year old 6 million is a scary thought

I can see McLellan selling Edmonton to Demers, and I like the idea of signing him to a 5-year deal at 5 million (yes, a lot of money but you overpay in Free Agency)...I hope he signs here

get Demers, add another d-man Chia

Where has it been said he is broken down? He's had a healthy career thus far and players are showing they can play longer all the time. I imagine it will take 6 years to get him. He has a proven track record of solid play as well.

Bauer83

Aug 27, 2004
There's always this guy to do business with:

hkn-canucks-wrap-20150429.jpg
All kidding aside. Is it not obvious now that it is not that hard to dump contracts with sweeteners that are palatable if you get good.

I would do the six years for sure. Prefer 5.5, but would do 6 for Lucic and try to move Poulioit for Fowler. Add something if required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad