Rumor: Rumors and Proposals: 5 Days Until Armageddon (Free agency). Need the D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Reposting from the other thread

Eberle+Future for Shattenkirk (if we could resign him)
Sign Demers
Sign Brouwer

Pouliot - McDavid - Yakupov
Hall - Draisaitl - Puujarvi
Maroon - RNH - Brouwer
Kassian - Letestu - Hendricks

Klefbom - Shattenkirk
Sekera - Demers
Davidson - Osterle
Gryba

Talbot

Right wing looks kinda gross but that's probably a playoff team

PaperDesigner

Mar 1, 2008

Sign Demers
Sign Brouwer

Maroon - RNH - Brouwer

Klefbom - Shattenkirk
Sekera - Demers
Davidson - Osterle
Gryba

Talbot

I don't mind this line-up. Although I would rather have Fayne than Oesterle.

Still DRAI

Jun 15, 2013
Shattenkirk is such a weird asset, value-wise. Eberle wouldn't be enough for him if he was signed long term, but is a huge overpay for his current contract, and from the rumors that were circulating about St. Louis on draft day it seems like the blues have decided to base his value much closer to the "if he were extended" side of the scales.

I just don't feel comfortable enough gambling on him at this point given that we need more long term solutions soon, as we should plan for out window opening within three years

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Sign Demers
Sign Brouwer

Maroon - RNH - Brouwer

Klefbom - Shattenkirk
Sekera - Demers
Davidson - Osterle
Gryba

Talbot

Does it work under the cap? Eberle for Shattenkirk saves a little under a 2 million. Demers+Brouwer will cost what... 9 million? And Fayne? Oilers weren't able to find a taker for him last year. Will they be able to now without taking salary back?

I mean... I don't mind the looks of the team. Don't get me wrong. Just not sure the cap works.

ResilientBeast

Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Then if Shatty is a no go. Screw over Columbus

Offer sheet Jones (1st, 2nd, 3rd level)
Sign Demers

Pouliot - McDavid - Eberle
Hall - Draisaitl - Yakupov
Maroon - RNH - Puujarvi

Klefbom - Jones
Sekera - Demers
Davidson - Fayne
Gryba

ResilientBeast

Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Does it work under the cap? Eberle for Shattenkirk saves a little under a 2 million. Demers+Brouwer will cost what... 9 million? And Fayne? Oilers weren't able to find a taker for him last year. Will they be able to now without taking salary back?

I mean... I don't mind the looks of the team. Don't get me wrong. Just not sure the cap works.

Meh I know my pipe dreams won't happen, ever since capgeek haven't really gotten used to checking the cap on my dreams

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Shattenkirk is such a weird asset, value-wise. Eberle wouldn't be enough for him if he was signed long term, but is a huge overpay for his current contract, and from the rumors that were circulating about St. Louis on draft day it seems like the blues have decided to base his value much closer to the "if he were extended" side of the scales.

I just don't feel comfortable enough gambling on him at this point given that we need more long term solutions soon, as we should plan for out window opening within three years

The fact that his agent was involved in the process makes me think that whichever team is trading for Shattenkirk will have some assurances that he's willing to sign an extension there once he can on July 1st.

I really think any team that is trading for him is going to want to speak with his agent first to make sure he's on board with an extension.

And honestly, the best window is going to be while McDavid is on his ELC. After that you need a big roster restructure to fit in what will presumably be a massive contract.

The team needs to be aiming to be competitive ASAP while they still have guys like McDavid/Drai/Puljujarvi under their ELC.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Sign Demers
Sign Brouwer

Maroon - RNH - Brouwer

Klefbom - Shattenkirk
Sekera - Demers
Davidson - Osterle
Gryba

Talbot

Scrap signing Demers, leave Fayne in that spot and it's pretty realistic to be honest. The forward group is actually well thought out.

I think someone beats Oesterle to that #6 spot, but a top PP option like Shattenkirk would be a huge addition.

If Eberle is in fact the guy moved for the D upgrade, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to replace him with another center IMO. Draisaitl played pretty well on the wing last year and having the extra depth at center could be huge in the event of another unfortunate injury. Although I do like Brouwer.

ResilientBeast

Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Scrap signing Demers, leave Fayne in that spot and it's pretty realistic to be honest. The forward group is actually well thought out.

I think someone beats Oesterle to that #6 spot, but a top PP option like Shattenkirk would be a huge addition.

If Eberle is in fact the guy moved for the D upgrade, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to replace him with another center IMO. Draisaitl played pretty well on the wing last year and having the extra depth at center could be huge in the event of another unfortunate injury. Although I do like Brouwer.

The more I thought about it you're probably right too on the center front.

The only FA centers of note though are
- Backes - He's going to get paid
- Stamkos - See Above
- Richards - Not a good fit
- Sam Gagner - Barf
- Frans Nielson - him?

Hall - RNH - Draisaitl
Maroon - Nielsen- Puujarvi

Klefbom - Shattenkirk
Sekera - Fayne
Davidson - Osterle
Gryba

Talbot

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Shattenkirk is just going to be another Hamonic situation of St Louis saying "well, we don't have to trade him," so they'll keep an unreasonable price and end up just keeping him.

At worst they either decide to see what they can get at the deadline, or more likely just lose him for nothing for the sake of another playoff run. Either way there's not much incentive for them to blink.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Then if Shatty is a no go. Screw over Columbus

Offer sheet Jones (1st, 2nd, 3rd level)
Sign Demers

Pouliot - McDavid - Eberle
Hall - Draisaitl - Yakupov
Maroon - RNH - Puujarvi

Klefbom - Jones
Sekera - Demers
Davidson - Fayne
Gryba

I like that plan, particularly Demers. He is a must sign.

Failing the offer sheet, which I bet CBJ signs in about 5 seconds, ship RNH and a 2nd to PHI for Simmonds. Sign Neilsen for 3C. Then send Eberle to STL for Parayko. Then with all those cash savings, sign another DMan OR Brouwer.

Pouliot - McDavid - Simmonds
Hall - Drai - Brouwer
Maroon - Neilsen - Puljujarvi
Kassian - Letestu - Yakupov

Klefbom - Parayko
Sekera - Demers
Davidson - Nurse
Fayne

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I like that plan, particularly Demers. He is a must sign.

Failing the offer sheet, which I bet CBJ signs in about 5 seconds, ship RNH and a 2nd to PHI for Simmonds. Sign Neilsen for 3C. Then send Eberle to STL for Parayko. Then with all those cash savings, sign another DMan OR Brouwer.

Pouliot - McDavid - Simmonds
Hall - Drai - Brouwer
Maroon - Neilsen - Puljujarvi
Kassian - Letestu - Yakupov

Klefbom - Parayko
Sekera - Demers
Davidson - Nurse
Fayne
Lol @ Eberle for Parayko

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
9.7 for RFA McDavid is realistic. Toews and Kane as UFAs got 10.5 per season. McDavid's UFA years can be league max 14, with his RFA years 7, and that's just about exactly the 9.7

Even 9.7 is really high with RFA considered. Ekblad as one of the best D prospects ever got 7.5 AAV roughly for 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad