Rumor: Rumors and Proposals: 5 Days Until Armageddon (Free agency). Need the D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I have absolutely no problem with Russell if it's cheap. If not, there are better options.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Demers is a complete top 4 dman, maybe even pushing into the top pair.

Russell is a MacTavishian Smid clone who does nothing - nothing -but block shots and take up space.

Chia plz

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
the russell rumor is just to drive down the price on demers, no way they sign him

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I would be thrilled to sign Lucic and Demers but something still has to give. General Fanager has us at 11.4m in cap space. In theory we could get them signed under that, but there will still be the Puljujarvi contract, and Draisaitl extension next year.

If we sign those 2 players, I hope we can move out the Pouliot and Yakupov contracts. I would still be open to trading Nuge/Hall more help/balance on D too.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I imagine that our player presentations now involve sitting them down in Rogers Place and watching Mcdavid highlights on that huge scoreboard.

K-Lowe sitting somewhere in the bowels of rexall watching his Heatley DVD.

Actually, I would laugh if KLowe and MacT's office is now at Rexall because they forgot to make an office at the arena for him. So when Rexall is abandoned, you see those 2 sitting in a dark building scheming up their next move in the NHL.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Based on the reactions of many in this thread today, I assume that the Oilers shouldn't sign or show interest in anyone? Just chase big fish in a trade market that is likely too pricey for anyone?

Nice.

Hey, you know, this team will figure it out someday. Just have to be more patient! We don't need any changes. Just keep drafting top 5.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
Rishaug also saying that Lucic wants at least 6 years.

No-No-No-Cat-Meme-02.gif

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
Buffalo offered to Ristolainen only regular contract offer. What a joke and sounds more that they ****ing with him. One of the best promising defenders in NHL with ceiling to be Norris winner one day, make 41 points this season and play about 25 minutes a game. If they think that low RR, Chiarelli should make offer to Buffalo.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
I know a lot of you are excited for Lucic but if it's 6 or 7 years and $6m it's gonna be a bad time. All depends on the price and term with him.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Florida Panthers PR ‏@FlaPanthersPR · 14m14 minutes ago

#FlaPanthers Hire Leo Luongo as Goaltending Coach for the @thunderbirdsahl.

that's kinda funny lol hiring Roberto's little bro

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
Based on the reactions of many in this thread today, I assume that the Oilers shouldn't sign or show interest in anyone? Just chase big fish in a trade market that is likely too pricey for anyone?

Nice.

Hey, you know, this team will figure it out someday. Just have to be more patient! We don't need any changes. Just keep drafting top 5.

So I gather you're fine with the Oilers doing something stupid just for the sake of doing something at all?

RinkRatOil

Aug 3, 2009
Actually, I would laugh if KLowe and MacT's office is now at Rexall because they forgot to make an office at the arena for him. So when Rexall is abandoned, you see those 2 sitting in a dark building scheming up their next move in the NHL.

MacT: "To get my job back I must somehow get a job higher up then Chiarelli, fire him and name myself as the replacement!"

(Eakins/Nelson)

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
So I gather you're fine with the Oilers doing something stupid just for the sake of doing something at all?

I gather you are happy with the status quo with no changes to a the winning formula we have trotted out the last 10 years?

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon

No, I'm fine with change though.

This team needs to get stronger on the back end and tougher up front. That all comes at a price. You overpay in UFA no matter what. The trade market right now for a defenseman isn't great. You're paying either way.

Pick your poison because if this team is going to make the playoffs any time soon, you need to pick one or both options. Unless you're fine with seeing if McDavid can take this ****show of a team to the promised land on his own.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Russell doesn't make a lot of sense given the talks about bringing back Gryba yesterday.

I'll assume it's just due diligence until I am proven horribly horribly wrong.

Also, if Demers and Lucic are in Edmonton today hopefully Chia has a very large photo of McDavid on the wall in his office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad