Rumor: Rumors and Fake News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
11 players signed for next year with $23.2M in cap space. If Callahan is part of the deal, that frees up $5.8m in cap space. So 10 players signed with $29M in cap space. We have to assume the cap grows a bit so lets say it grows $3M. That's 10 players signed with $32M

RFA's: Kucherov, Paquette, Point, Koekkoek, Dotchin
UFA's: Gourde, Andreoff, Conacher, Stralman, Coburn, Giradi

- Karlson: 7 or 8 years at $11M AAV
- Kucherov: 8 years at $10M. One of those years is RFA.
- Point: He has 4 more years of RFA. I think a 2 or 3 year bridge deal at $4.5M (+/-) AAV.

Thats 13 players signed with roughly $6.5M left with 10 more players to sign. Someone has to be moved. Johnson frees up $5M. That would be 12 players signed with $11.5M but 11 players to sign. That's 11 players at $1M each. It's tight! Almost impossible. The hold up on the trade (if true) is likely due to Yzerman talking to Kucherov, Point, and Karlsson on leaving some money on the table to free up a bit of cap space. Taxes are less in Florida so it might just be possible.
Unless you're giving full NMC, the tax break is moot. It would be crippling to give that deal to too many players. On an 8 year deal, there won't be money left on the table

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Who gives a **** where Pacioready wants to go. Trade his ass for that one last season and be done with it before this whole circus ends up like the Tavares signing.

The idea is, FOR ONCE, to get a player's value. And the best way to get Pacioretty's value is him signing a new contract with his new team. This Habs team is stalling 'cause they never f***ing improve. We have to do that one day.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
The idea is, FOR ONCE, to get a player's value. And the best way to get Pacioretty's value is him signing a new contract with his new team. This Habs team is stalling 'cause they never ****ing improve. We have to do that one day.
The idea is garbage and will not work because Walsh will push his client to FREE AGENCY.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Who gives a **** where Pacioready wants to go. Trade his ass for that one last season and be done with it before this whole circus ends up like the Tavares signing.

So simple, if patch want to go we get a bigger return because he will resign....

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
So simple, if patch want to go we get a bigger return because he will resign....
He won't resign.. If I'm the agent and the player is asking me for the best possible deal 1 year away from UFA, then the best possible deal is to wait for UFA. The last option the team has is to trade him as a rental at the TDL. Since we don't have any centers to feed him like DD used to, then it's going to be pretty much a trash return. So what's the choices garbage or trash? You pick, I think they should just jettison him and accept their failures while they can.

Reactions: BPD Habs Fan

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The idea is garbage and will not work because Walsh will push his client to FREE AGENCY.

Well if it comes to your attention that he indeed will NOT sign with you and will NOT sign any extension with anybody, yep, of course you trade him for what you can get under those circumstances. I'm not stupid. I don't think it's prefereable to get nothing than to get a 2nd round pick...

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Buffalo would want an extension in place...
So what? They can ask for the moon, that doesn't mean you need to bend over. There's 29 other teams in the league that can be dealt with. 1 year of Patches is bound to have some kind of offers. I'd rather have him off the roster to begin the season than agonize for another 4 months over "When is this GM trading that ghost winger captain".

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What a ****ing snowflake.
lol well i'm not sure I blame him...he's given a time limit to accept a trade, he clearly isn't all that enthused about, then to top it all off, he has to accept a 6 x 6 offer?

Habs have to look out for themselves just like Pacioretty has to do the same.

Now that more time has passed, I hope both sides can adjust their expectations and do what's best for each other.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Unsigned Patches worth less than a signed one.

If you’re not going to get quality assets and already have trouble signing quality UFAs, you’re better off keeping him.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
True story, my brother's cousin' sister' nephew heard we're going to arbitration with Armia & Danault. What a bummer. :sarcasm:

Not to be nitpicky because I have nothing better to do at this precise moment but I believe you could have deleted " brothers" from your true story.

Reactions: vokiel

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Is it illegal to do a sign-and-trade while also retaining salary?

For example if we signed Pacioretty to an extension, would we be able to retain salary and trade him out?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Is it illegal to do a sign-and-trade while also retaining salary?

For example if we signed Pacioretty to an extension, would we be able to retain salary and trade him out?

I don't think it is illegal, but I don't think it'd make sense to retain on a Pacioretty extension for 6-7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad