Rumor: Rumor & Proposal Thread Vol. 11: Nucks pull the trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I thought Feaster wasn't going to rebuild.

Of course not. This is just a simple retooling, not a rebuild. The Flames aren't interested in wandering through the desert. Feaster said it himself, “You know what? I look forward to the Battle of Alberta for the next X number of years. If the idea is, ‘Burn it to the ground,’ then Ken can find another manager to do it.â€

:laugh:

As much fun as I'm having right now, if we lose against the Flames tonight that's just pathetic. I'm cheering for a win though.

knockoutpanda

Oilers Fan
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
We're going to need to make some moves before deadline if we want to push for post season

Steady on the plough. Move out players not in the future but do not make moves for now make them only if they benefit us in the years to come.

I am a bit worried that Calagary has three picks in the first round I do not want them to get Lazar if we do not get him.

Jun 9, 2011
Wow, not sure if it is a good strategy or not to make the trades before Trade Deadline Day.. Feaster is loading up on Firsts though isn't this a deep draft? He has 3 already doesn't he? His Pittsburgh and now St. Louis.

just realized if Kipper goes to TO maybe he ends up with 4 first rounds.. one with a potential to be first overall.. the whole 'not rebuild' in one year!' kinda cool actually

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
-Has been confirmed that Leafs ARE talking directly with Kippers agent as we speak
-Glencross is reportedly being shopped heavily
-fan590 reported that the Flames have also either made calls or have been called about Alex Tanguay, Mike Cammalleri and Lee Stempniak

That loud boom we just heard was the flames rebuilding officially starting

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Does JayBo's salary not put the Blues in cap trouble?

New owner is SUPPOSEDLY opening up the purse strings next year...

but if that were true why would a good hockey man like JD bolt for the Bluejackets??

Honestly...I think the Blues are in HUGE trouble...

25 million to spend on next years cap with the following players to be signed:
Pietrangelo: Minimum Tyler Myers money 5.7 million
Shattenkirk: 4 million IMO...Subban's salary brings his money down a bit.
Cole: 1.5
Russell: 1.5
Stewart: 4.5 million
Berglund: 4.5 million
with about 5 UFAs like Leopold, Redden, Nichol, Porter etc.

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
These pictures give us an idea of how negotiations went

sports_doug_armstrong_st.louis_blues.jpg

Jay-Feaster-named-permanent-General-Manager-of-Calgary-Flames-69305.jpeg

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Thats ok i still got a laugh while it lasted
Great work btw, maintaining the first post

thank you

will continue it unless someone else create the next thread--If I am around when this hit 980 or so-- I will create the next one

On deadline day--I have a special GDT for trade Game Day talk-- unless someone else creates it first

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Steady on the plough. Move out players not in the future but do not make moves for now make them only if they benefit us in the years to come.

I am a bit worried that Calagary has three picks in the first round I do not want them to get Lazar if we do not get him.

They already have three first round picks and something tells me if they trade kipper another first will be coming their way

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
If the Oilers don't win this game, then they might as well rent out all their pending UFAs too, and do a Gagner deal while they're at it. Every game is must win, especially against down and out Calgary, no matter how much piss and vinegar they come out with.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
-Has been confirmed that Leafs ARE talking directly with Kippers agent as we speak

-fan590 reported that the Flames have also either made calls or have been called about Alex Tanguay, Mike Cammalleri and Lee Stempniak

If this is true, I'd really hope we're interested. I know the Oilers and GlenX had a bad break up, but he'd give the Oilers something we've been lacking up front. On a decent contract none-the-less.

At the very least, I hope we inquire about the price. With Feaster so happy to help other teams out, maybe we could take advantage?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
If the Oilers don't win this game, then they might as well rent out all their pending UFAs too, and do a Gagner deal while they're at it. Every game is must win, especially against down and out Calgary, no matter how much piss and vinegar they come out with.

if we lose this game--lynch the players

:oilers

Asher

Jun 23, 2007

Maybe the next GDT should be Oilers vs. Abbotsford Heat.

Not that the Flames are tanking or anything. No, they would never do such a thing. :sarcasm:

enthropi

Nov 2, 2007
Beijing, China
JBo is the most non-factor player out there. Glad a playoff contender lacking consistency that we are chasing got him. They'll fall out of the playoff picture, Calgary will get next year's first, St. Louis will have to trade JBo during the offseason, make the playoffs next season and Flames get a crappy 2014 pick. Perfect scenario.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
They already have three first round picks and something tells me if they trade kipper another first will be coming their way

Are there 4 High School players hiding out there somewhere? :sarcasm:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
If this is true, I'd really hope we're interested. I know the Oilers and GlenX had a bad break up, but he'd give the Oilers something we've been lacking up front. On a decent contract none-the-less.

At the very least, I hope we inquire about the price. With Feaster so happy to help other teams out, maybe we could take advantage?

was on the trade board earlier

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
As bad as the returns on these players have been looking, I sure hope we don't deal Hemsky for garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad