RUMOR: Deal possibly done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

spacelobster said:
bob is a much more credible source than mine, again sorry everybody.
Hopefully you realize you still owe me a pair of leopord printed track pants.

NewBreed19

Hopefully there is a deal, because with all the off season moves my favorite team has made; I'am confident they will make the playoffs and do some damage!!

KOVALEV10*

NewBreed19 said:
Hopefully there is a deal, because with all the off season moves my favorite team has made; I'am confident they will make the playoffs and do some damage!!

I'm curious as to whats your team?

Balej20*

NewBreed19 said:

With Petr Nedved's wife leading the way.

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
spacelobster said:
ouch, ok sorry everybody.

You don't need to apologize, unless you're convinced you're wrong for sure. I wasn't kidding about me making mistakes, I could be wrong. I just gave you guys my read of the situation, which is much different than yours. It all comes out in the wash anyway. The only thing I can tell you is that based on my contacts on both sides, which to a point are pretty good, they weren't close to any kind of a deal going into Thursday's session and my considered opinion is that it would have taken a miracle for them to close that much ground in one session to announce an agreement on Friday. That's all I'm saying. All those dunnos across the bottom of my original post were there for a reason.

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

silver_made*

spacelobster said:
bob is a much more credible source than mine, again sorry everybody.

this may be so, but i still believe there is a reason you posted to begin with. your source was apparently so confident in his/her info. that he/she had you believe the lockout was over for certain. that has to be worth something.

KOVALEV10*

BobMckenzie said:
You don't need to apologize, unless you're convinced you're wrong for sure. I wasn't kidding about me making mistakes, I could be wrong. I just gave you guys my read of the situation, which is much different than yours. It all comes out in the wash anyway. The only thing I can tell you is that based on my contacts on both sides, which to a point are pretty good, they weren't close to any kind of a deal going into Thursday's session and my considered opinion is that it would have taken a miracle for them to close that much ground in one session to announce an agreement on Friday. That's all I'm saying. All those dunnos across the bottom of my original post were there for a reason.

Hey Bob, you personally.. do you think there's a chance there will be a season?

The Jerk*

BobMckenzie said:

yeah but you had 4 before now you have 3!!! That means your less unsure, we're doomed!!!

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
BTW I see The Jerk is reading this, I'm really sorry to insult you that way, I didnt mean to draw a likeness between you and Bettman/Goodenow. ;)

The Big Rig

Mar 9, 2004
Hi Bob,

Just wondering if by chance you've been in touch with many of your contacts following the conclusion of the meetings and whether they've given you any indications one way or another? Its quite strange nothing has leaked out yet.

The Jerk*

Bileur said:
BTW I see The Jerk is reading this, I'm really sorry to insult you that way, I didnt mean to draw a likeness between you and Bettman/Goodenow. ;)

Who said what now?? Anyways it's late boys and girls, I need sleep hopefully when I wake up tomorrow something will be known either way..

leafaholix*

BobMckenzie said:

Same things could have been said about the MLB strike back in 2003 (2002?)... atleast as far back as I can remember. It was basically set that there would be a stoppage and then they got together and worked out a deal.

I'm not sure, but if they can get the whole linkage business sorted out, the rest of the topics may be a lot easier to work out.

:dunno:

KOVALEV10*

Bileur said:

:lol LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

KOVALEV10*

Ok now in all seriousness I just remembered that my nephew has his share of reliable sources.. I think I'm gonna try to call him and try to find something out.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Tricolore#20 said:
How cool is BobMckenzie. He's up at 2, talking to us regular fans.

Healy could sure learn a thing or two from the master of his field.
Healy has a personality to play on TSN. He is like the Don Cherry of TSN. I'm sure he isn't a bad guy to talk to.

leafaholix*

Tricolore#20 said:
How cool is BobMckenzie. He's up at 2, talking to us regular fans.

Healy could sure learn a thing or two from the master of his field.
We wouldn't want Heals on these boards anyways.

What a dope.

Hey Bob, pass that along to Dopey the Dope... people don't like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad