Rumor: Rumor: Calgary Flames eyeing top six forward in big trade

wetcamelfood

Aug 19, 2007
So this may seem like a silly question but I'm new here so I'm going to ask anyway...

Is there like a grown up version of HFboards somewhere? Did I do something silly and join the highschool equivalent? Somewhere where people spend more time discussing hockey as opposed to trying to be internet bad *****? Feeling like Danny Glover replying to some people, way too old for this stuff.

If you find it, let me know, this is why I stopped posting here

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
So this may seem like a silly question but I'm new here so I'm going to ask anyway...

Is there like a grown up version of HFboards somewhere? Did I do something silly and join the highschool equivalent? Somewhere where people spend more time discussing hockey as opposed to trying to be internet bad *****? Feeling like Danny Glover replying to some people, way too old for this stuff.

You are criticizing an internet forum. Why, are you expecting anything more, from the internet?

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
I hope Sweeney signs Lucic to a 4 year 6 mill per year deal soon so this can all stop!

Lucic is only 27 and has average 50pts per 82 games since he was 18. 60pts in the last 5 seasons. Yes he had a down year last year with 44pts but his main side kick Krejci was out the majority of the year. He was really good in the second half.

I still believe he can be a top 5 power forward that can put up 60+ Pts and kick some butt. That is worth keeping at 6mill to me

His game isn't going to last to his mid 30s. That's not the way he plays, and I don't think he has the competitive fire anymore to keep up that pace. You have to know when to sell.

And if Sweeney is talking about the will to win, does that describe Hamilton? This is one of the most highly touted drafts in years, and if we are going to make a push for the future, this is the year to do it or we don't do it at all. This team needs to have a revitalization of youth and competitive fire. For whatever reason, we don't have that anymore. We need to have guys that are excited about playing hockey and winning games.

In a salary-cap league, you need to have role players. You need to have a few top line guys and surround them with depth. You have to decide if Lucic is a top of the line guy that you want to build around, because you can't just have a bunch of guys earning $6 million a year and dogging it through an 82 game season.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

Get off of your high horse and realize that you're on a message board. If you don't like it, go hang out in the Youtube comments sections.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
His game isn't going to last to his mid 30s. That's not the way he plays, and I don't think he has the competitive fire anymore to keep up that pace. You have to know when to sell.

And if Sweeney is talking about the will to win, does that describe Hamilton? This is one of the most highly touted drafts in years, and if we are going to make a push for the future, this is the year to do it or we don't do it at all. This team needs to have a revitalization of youth and competitive fire. For whatever reason, we don't have that anymore. We need to have guys that are excited about playing hockey and winning games.

In a salary-cap league, you need to have role players. You need to have a few top line guys and surround them with depth. You have to decide if Lucic is a top of the line guy that you want to build around, because you can't just have a bunch of guys earning $6 million a year and dogging it through an 82 game season.

I much more worried about Lucic and that competitive fire still burning than I am about his body breaking down due to the style he plays.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

There are a lot of knowledgable people in this board. Some have connections, some are season ticket holders( which means they watch every game) , some are professionals in the league. You just have to get to know people on the board. This is the site to go to, believe me. Nothing beats this site.

Problem sometimes is some people are still immature and tend to show it. I'm sure you can handle it. One thing though; don't be confrontational. Helps a great deal. Welcome by the way!

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
There are a lot of knowledgable people in this board. Some have connections, some are season ticket holders( which means they watch every game) , some are professionals in the league. You just have to get to know people on the board. This is the site to go to, believe me. Nothing beats this site.

Problem sometimes is some people are still immature and tend to show it. I'm sure you can handle it. One thing though; don't be confrontational. Helps a great deal. Welcome by the way!

This is correct. Well said, there is no other hockey forum/board that is like or better than this one. You're right they're are some highly intelligent folks on this board. A lot of times I am amazed at how good some of these threads/post's are written. If you want to talk hockey this is the place to be.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT

Is there like a grown up version of HFboards somewhere?Did I do something silly and join the highschool equivalent? Somewhere where people spend more time discussing hockey as opposed to trying to be internet bad *****? Feeling like Danny Glover replying to some people, way too old for this stuff.

No, everyone is a know-it-all everywhere. Gotta take the bad with the good.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site

You will only converse with the best here, in fact the creme dela creme.

creme-dela-creme-homie.png

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Why are expectations so low for the internet? I'd really like to know.

experience

Exactly. Anonymity breeds lack of accountability, and when combined with low to no moderation (this is NOT a dig at the mods on this board; it's a generic statement re: the majority of internet fora) it provides the perfect environment for rude and contemptible conduct. Something that would never be said face-to-face due to the possibility of getting one's nose/jaw "bent" is common in internet fora.

A thick skin and the use of the "ignore" feature dial down the aggravation and frustration but doesn't eliminate it. As someone else said, if you're going to play in the cesspool of internet fora get used to it. But it has driven the signal-to-noise level to dramatic lows (the noise degrades the signal almost to zero).

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

Get yourself familiar with the ignore button and you'll even yourself out a little. If your annoyed by certain posters just hit the ignore button and you won't ever have to read their posts again. It's a simple way to simplify the boards for yourself.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
Get yourself familiar with the ignore button and you'll even yourself out a little. If your annoyed by certain posters just hit the ignore button and you won't ever have to read their posts again. It's a simple way to simplify the boards for yourself.

Exactly. I have yet to ignore anyone but I maybe the one who is being ignored by a couple posters here. :laugh: I have learned a great deal since joining this forum, and the main one being not to take anything here so serious regardless of what is said. And with that no one can take my piece away. :popcorn:

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
I am sure your going to be hearing alot of rumours in the days leading up to the draft.

Bronx NY :yo: My Pop lives on the other side of Fordham road which is 207 Street Manhattan. :) 207 and Seaman ave to be exact. Its nice there. I try and visit him every Friday. Now in the Summer time we will go to Orchard park and City Island BX a few times.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Bronx NY :yo: My Pop lives on the other side of Fordham road which is 207 Street Manhattan. :) 207 and Seaman ave to be exact. Its nice there. I try and visit him every Friday. Now in the Summer time we will go to Orchard park and City Island BX a few times.

Lots of people see "Bronx" and think dangerous or rough. My daughter goes to Fordham -- it's an awesome environment. Lots to do and lots of great culture. Easy way to pack on a few pounds is to visit Arthur Avenue whenever we go to visit her. My eyes are always bigger than my stomach!

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
Wotherspoon and Poirier for Lucic is not enough... they must include their first round Pick... Huge mistake if this trade goes down as is reported.

I prefer sending Lucic and Smith to Arizona for Pick #3

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Lots of people see "Bronx" and think dangerous or rough. My daughter goes to Fordham -- it's an awesome environment. Lots to do and lots of great culture. Easy way to pack on a few pounds is to visit Arthur Avenue whenever we go to visit her. My eyes are always bigger than my stomach!
mario is the place i like

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org

That's cool :) Fordham is a great school. Oh Arthur Ave, just thinking about it makes me hungry. :laugh: Agreed, there is plenty to do and look at in the Fordham section of the Bx. There are some real good Spanish cuchifrito restaurants on Fordham Rd, yummy! They deep fry everything, from Pork ears, to beef tongue, beef/pork patties, chicken gizzards, blood pudding etc. etc. Its not good for you but once in a while and with a tall beer or even one of those Spanish style smoothies hell yea :yo:

And for the dangerous and rough parts ahhhhhh, sure there are some rough parts all over NY. They're are bad parts in every city. In my experience, let me tell you as long as your not involved or part of that life style and walk with your head up you will have no problem.

Now if your into the drug scene and gangs and all that crap than your looking for trouble.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad