Rumor: Rumor: Calgary Flames eyeing top six forward in big trade

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
If you hold a player to a high standard does that mean you don't respect him?

I know what Looch can do. He did none of it last season. I want the old Looch back, not the lazy, out-of- shape big bark no bite guy we got this year.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

I know what Looch can do. He did none of it last season. I want the old Looch back, not the lazy, out-of- shape big bark no bite guy we got this year.

Who do you think Lucic should play with next year ,the kids (Pasta and Spooner ) or Krejci and who knows ?

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

Even worse, is that he was too dumb to actually *try* doing a pull-up, to see if he could do it, before the combine, when you have media all over the place.

And then probably tore up his should later, trying hard to make up for it:

Flames' Sam Bennett to have shoulder surgery
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/flames-sam-bennett-shoulder-surgery-214225998--nhl.html

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I really don't get why we are going over this Prout think a million times. I personally think it was a bit cheap but lets say it wasn't ---so what. What is clear is that Lucic wasn't planning on fighting at that time and there really is zero wrong with that. Lucic had some good stretches and bad last year. As usual this board wants to rate everything on points. Hockey is a team game and points often don't tell the story.

I will admit I am a bit torn on Lucic because it is a lot of money. I just cant really picture losing him . Everyone talks about the identity of this team. Lucic is a very very rare breed of skill and toughness plus great fighting ability. I personally like a tough team. I know it fell off a lot last yr but we still had some toughness. Lets say Lucic and Mcquaid go, where does that leave us? We will have lost Thorton, and mcquaid who stick up for everyone. Campbell who takes beatings for his teammates or to change the game. Add the best combo of power forward plus fighting skill in Lucic to that list. We are left with an old Chara and a Miller who basically fights for himself.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
At the very least his defensive play and IQ are elite. The balance between offensive talent and defensive IQ are rare enough I call it 'elite'. You can call it rare if you'd like. As for offensively, he obviously has it based on his 70 point seasons and the offensive tear he went on at one stretch last season.

He's just settled in as a 3rd line passenger, needs to be pushed into a more uncomfortable star role. I.E. top six with Bergeron or Krejci.

Despite popular thinking, he is one of our more skilled forwards, missed open nets and all. Right up there with Marchand at least (although there are people who can't wait to get rid of him also, so ...).

You went from saying there is no question that he is an elite 2-way forward to whatever you just said above. Even his defensive play isn't elite. You're using the word wrong in my opinion. Of course it's subjective but 99% of non-Bruins fans will agree with me.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I make him sweat. NO WAY do I do a Chia and extend him for a lifetime when they haven't even played a game on the last year of his contract.

Some things that I've noticed at least statistically about Lucic that may be promising...His even strength numbers.

Lucic played about 19 games with Griffith as his ES linemate. He had a GF/60 of 2.13 with him. About 10 games with Kelly as his center. Had a 2.11 GF/60 with him.

Lucic lifetime with Krejci as his center man that climbs to 3.06 GF/60.

His right wingers:

Phil Kessel 3.03
Jarome Iginla 3.09
Nathan Horton 3.50

David Pastrnak 3.80

Lucic-Krejci-Pastrnak , IF healthy all year, can be absolutely DEADLY offensively. He played 14:28 TOI ES per game,so that comes out to about 24.3 games with DP ... Extrapolate those stats over 82 and you have over 27 goals.

His shooting percentage last year was also off 3-5% from his normal year, again indicative of who he was playing with IMO.

Now, as far as the old Lucic physically, that is a mystery. I'm hoping no contract makes him hungry. Sweeney worked it perfectly calling him a foundational player. No hurt feelings there, but make him sweat and make him hungry. He still will have first plus prospect plus player value at the deadline. He's a play-off player.

I think he is going to have his best year.

Last edited:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I make him sweat. NO WAY do I do a Chia and extend him for a lifetime when they haven't even played a game on the last year of his contract.

Some things that I've noticed at least statistically about Lucic that may be promising...His even strength numbers.

Lucic played about 19 games with Griffith as his ES linemate. He had a GF/60 of 2.13 with him. About 10 games with Kelly as his center. Had a 2.11 GF/60 with him.

His right wingers:

Phil Kessel 3.03
Jarome Iginla 3.09
Nathan Horton 3.50

David Pastrnak 3.80

Lucic-Krejci-Pastrnak , IF healthy all year, can be absolutely DEADLY offensively.

His shooting percentage last year was also off 3-5% from his normal year, again indicative of who he was playing with IMO.

Now, as far as the old Lucic physically, that is a mystery. I'm hoping no contract makes him hungry. Sweeney worked it perfectly calling him a foundational player. No hurt feelings there, but make him sweat and make him hungry. He still will have first plus prospect plus player value at the deadline. He's a play-off player.

That's also what I think. That's why you have to extend him before the season, His price will only go up if you let him play his contract year, which may become too high for what the Bruins would like putting Sweeney in an unconfortable position of having to trade him at the deadline to avoid losing him for nothing as a UFA. What if the team is back at the top of the conference? How do you trade one of your best player for futures in that case?

That's why Sweeney has to know what Lucic demands are ASAP so he can extend him on July 1st or trade him at the draft/summer.

Kaoz

Apr 8, 2015

I'm a huge Lucic fan and would be pretty upset if they were to move him, but even I'd say this is a fair statement to make. I think Lucic needs to find some maturity both on and off the ice more then anything else. I think the rest comes when he grows up a bit.

I'd like to see him find that in Boston though, not somewhere else.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

His right wingers:

Phil Kessel 3.03
Jarome Iginla 3.09
Nathan Horton 3.50

David Pastrnak 3.80

Lucic-Krejci-Pastrnak , IF healthy all year, can be absolutely DEADLY offensively. He played 14:28 TOI ES per game,so that comes out to about 24.3 games with DP ... Extrapolate those stats over 82 and you have over 27 goals.

Good stuff Lou....Pastrnak has youthful exhuberance on his side along with a boatload of skill and speed....that could be an excellent line

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

if you had the old Lucic back and everyone else stayed the same how many points above 96 would Boston have gotten

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
if you had the old Lucic back and everyone else stayed the same how many points above 96 would Boston have gotten

so 101 points and in the playoffs.

We win 3 of those shootout loss games and 2 DON'T go to a shootout.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

With a healthy Krejci and Chara and a back to form Lucic-108 points. They had around 40 one goal games.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I'm a huge Lucic fan and would be pretty upset if they were to move him, but even I'd say this is a fair statement to make. I think Lucic needs to find some maturity both on and off the ice more then anything else. I think the rest comes when he grows up a bit.

I'd like to see him find that in Boston though, not somewhere else.

Is that your opinion that he was out of shape and immature?

Kaoz

Apr 8, 2015
So this may seem like a silly question but I'm new here so I'm going to ask anyway...

Is there like a grown up version of HFboards somewhere? Did I do something silly and join the highschool equivalent? Somewhere where people spend more time discussing hockey as opposed to trying to be internet bad *****? Feeling like Danny Glover replying to some people, way too old for this stuff.

Kaoz

Apr 8, 2015
But it is a fair statement?

*sigh* yes BNHL, I feel it was a fair statement for EveretteMike to make. Yes, that's an opinion on my part. Yes, I understand others have different opinions and no there is no way to definitively substantiate Lucic being immature or out of shape without someone like Julien or someone else from the coaching staff stating as much (and to my knowledge he didn't).

I can give examples as to why I believe it to be so but none are definitive and I was under the impression Bruins fans here were also well aware of them... BUT am more then willing to listen to and accept the other side of the argument. I'd rather someone convince me otherwise honestly. Outside of Bergeron, Lucic is my favorite player. Regardless, don't want to see him traded.

Hopefully that explains it more for you.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad