Player Discussion Rudolfs Balcers - LW

Status
Not open for further replies.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Norris scored 7 goals and 23 points in 37 games in his first NCAA season.

As a comparison, let's look at some other prospects that project to be 2nd/3rd liners at the NHL level and their performance as NCAA freshmen:

Colin White: 19 goals and 43 points in 37 games
Shane Bowers: 17 goals and 32 points in 40 games
Luke Kunin: 19 goals and 32 points in 34 games.

Then let's look at the blue-chip 1st line guys:

Jack Eichel: 26 goals and 71 points in 40 games
Clayton Keller: 21 goals and 45 points in 31 games
Brock Boeser: 27 goals and 60 points in 42 games

Norris is not even in the conversation as a 1st line prospect like the Keller's and Boeser's, and based on performance, he had a very disappointing season compared to guys more in his range.
Norris is gonna surprise sens fans. He's got the tools.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
What? White has been separated from Tkachuk and Stone? (haven't watched a game in a while) :facepalm:

Yup Boucher went from having 1 line working to having zero lines working; looks like he is changing it back... I mean what's a couple more losses

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I am surprised. Good for Balcers .. hope he gets in a game and shows well. I wonder if he plays with Duchene and White goes back with Tkachuk and Stone

Edit: I guess not , if it stays like this

I don't mind that forward lineup. I'd replace Smith with Paul. Or find a way to get Paul in for Pajaarvi.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Balcers + Tierney is not a traditional 4th line duo. Most games I like Paajarvi as a 4th liner and while he has more experience I'm not sure how I feel that he plays at the expense of Paul.

I'm hoping Balcers gets some shifts with Duchene at some point in the game.

Reactions: NB613

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
I would like a top 6 of:
Balcer-White-Duche (White can get them both the puck in quality areas)
Dzingel-Pageau-Stone (Pageau and Stone have had chemistry in the past and Dzingel is just speed)

and then: Tkachuk-Tierney-Ryan (Tkachuk can make space for Ryan)

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't mind both being separated from Stone. It is about high time that we see how good these 2 actually are without Stone. Stone can inflate anyone's stats.

Not just about the stats though; That line was effective. With this roster we need to find combinations that work without putting all the eggs in one basket. If they work you leave them and work on the other combinations.

Reactions: Icelevel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad