Player Discussion Rudolfs Balcers - LW

Status
Not open for further replies.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Well since I already got Daugavins on my KHL jersey I might as well get a Latvia jersey with this guy on it as the only other Latvian that played for us was before I watched hockey and I don't remember him at all (assuming he represents Latvia while under contract with the Sens).

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
well knowing nothing about the guy other than he led his AHL team in scoring at 20, I expect he'll be on the roster this year and it affords one of our guys a chance for some AHL seasoning

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
When I read that Balcers has landend in Ottawa I wanted to jump out of the window. I couldn sleep last night. This is so fkcign terrible, my god... Fuuukk!!!

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
This board was crying a garbage pick, repeating Ottawa media, when Erik Karlsson was drafted. People did not care about Alfie as the 133rd pick overall. Did not care about Pavol Demitra, well he was drafted 227th overall why not to send him down to minors, when he was the best player in a training camp with 9 points. Yashin called this action by the management moronic, and that's why they started the propaganda roll against him and the lifeless Ottawa sport media always take the management side of things. Balcers in my estimate is the real deal, soon with NHL 70-90 points player in two years, he needs consistency and the upper strength. People in Latvia already consider him as the second only to Sandis Ozoliņš judging his skill level.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
idk anything about the guy other than he led SJ's AHL team in goals and points in his 20 year old season.

has anyone seen him play?

He’s an awesome player. I’ve seen a little bit of him - just prospect scrimmages and such - but I’ve always come away impressed.

For my money, Balcers is the best piece in the deal, and he has dark horse potential to be a mediocre 3rd liner.

Rudolfs Blacers should be a late/middle first rounder in 2015 draft. He is penciled now to be a top 6. He is outperforming and ahead in his development of Timo Meier in Baracudas AHL. 9th overall pick by San Jose 2015 draft. I would say he is better then Pavel Zacha. 6th pick 2015. The way he plays he reminds me a lot of Mitchell Marner. 4th overall pick, the same draft year

Now, this is wrong. Meier was better for the Barracuda in his D+2 season than Balcers in his D+3 and Meier just scored 21 goals and was 2nd on the Sharks in 5V5 points in the NHL in his D+3 season.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
“Considering it’s far too late to redo the entire Top 25 Under 25 list, we decided to do a Balcers article anyway, but now it’s essentially for a different audience; for all the Senators fans out there who’ve lost their captain and their hope. Rudolfs Balcers may not be the prospect you hoped for, but he’s the one you need right now.”

Top 25 Sharks Under 25: No. 7 Rudolfs Balcers is an Ottawa Senator

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
well knowing nothing about the guy other than he led his AHL team in scoring at 20, I expect he'll be on the roster this year and it affords one of our guys a chance for some AHL seasoning
SJ didn't expect him to crack their roster, and I believe he is pretty undersized so I think he will really have to impress to make the team. Nice prospect though, hope he pans out.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
This board was crying a garbage pick, repeating Ottawa media, when Erik Karlsson was drafted. People did not care about Alfie as the 133rd pick overall. Did not care about Pavol Demitra, well he was drafted 227th overall why not to send him down to minors, when he was the best player in a training camp with 9 points. Yashin called this action by the management moronic, and that's why they started the propaganda roll against him and the lifeless Ottawa sport media always take the management side of things. Balcers in my estimate is the real deal, soon with NHL 70-90 points player in two years, he needs consistency and the upper strength. People in Latvia already consider him as the second only to Sandis Ozoliņš judging his skill level.
Nope.

Reactions: Senscore

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
Um our scouts have changed over time, but thanks for overhyping

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I love the norris 1st round pick and 2 nd round pick part of it more. Dorion will be looking good in a couple of years.

Nah, Norris looks like a 3rd line C at best. The first round will be late, pretty much a 2nd rounder. Same kind of thing with the 2nd. It'll be basically a 3rd rounder. Garbage. Like I said, the only piece I like is Rudolfs.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Balcers, Norris, and picks will all look like a win when 65 comes back under new ownership in July 2019.

Would be pretty sweet, especially if Karlsson comes back with a cup ring. But let's face reality, karlsson coming back is about as long a shot as there is and this franchise hasn't gotten a lucky break since we tanked for Daigle

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
God I want to believe but good things don't happen here anymore.

He also said "we hope to have a new owner". ;)

Belief won't do much here I am afraid. We have to stick it to Melnyk by #MelnykBoycott #EmptyCTC. The sooner he is out the door, and he is very much at the edge financially, the better wrt getting new ownership that's financially solid. And you know any new owner will look at the legacy players (Alfie, Phillips, Neil) and foundational members (Cyrill Leeder, Mark Borowieicki) to bring the fans to pack the arena like this team used to. And can you imagine when they bring back their rightful King back to the Kingdom spiffing a cup ring from Sanius Joseus? #FullCTC

Fans are not entirely powerless here. In fact, right now is the perfect time to dent Melnyk's pocket book and put him over the edge.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Nah, Norris looks like a 3rd line C at best. The first round will be late, pretty much a 2nd rounder. Same kind of thing with the 2nd. It'll be basically a 3rd rounder. Garbage. Like I said, the only piece I like is Rudolfs.

The first round consists of 31 picks, even if the pick is late in the first rd, it's still a first rd pick, not a 2nd rd pick, those start at 32 to 61 picks. It's an argument people like to use to diminish another person's opinion, but it's not factual. I understand you think that late 1st rd picks don't seem to have any value, but yr after yr after yr there are players picked late in the first rd or anywhere after the 1st rd who turn into excellent NHL players. It all depends on the player not where they were drafted & the importance of good scouting.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Balcers, Norris, and picks will all look like a win when 65 comes back under new ownership in July 2019.
Every time we’ve buckled up for news of an ownership change, we’ve been let down.
I fear that we will have to wait for EM to pass on for that change to happen, and with our luck that could take a very long time. (no I’ll wishes intended in that regard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad