Roy's fine thread

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Am I the only one who loves all this hate? We havent been hated in a long time. Now with the 1st overall pick, Patrick Roy we are being hated like back in the late 90's. I miss it.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Am I the only one who loves all this hate? We havent been hated in a long time. Now with the 1st overall pick, Patrick Roy we are being hated like back in the late 90's. I miss it.

It feels like we're relevant again.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
I don't understand why people are so concerned about it in general. Roy got the fine he deserved. No one was injured or even got into a fight. Only damage done was to the partition that was not properly installed. Roy did not throw anything onto the ice or towards anyone and he did not attempt to injury anyone.

If that partition does not fall at the drop of a hat, there is no suspension. Roy hits it once, yells a few times, then walks away.

One thing that I am a bit surprised that Avs fans are not bringing up is how fired up O'Reilly was. He wanted a piece of Perry in the worst way. I think Ryan was more pissed than Bordy or McLeod. O'Reilly and Roy seem to have matching personalities, cold as ice in the eyes but a deep burning fire waiting to destroy everything in its path.

Also, has anyone bought the book rights for the camera mans story? lol.

What Roy did was not "classy", but it was not bushleague either. Was I a bit shocked by it, yeah..but moreso because it happened this soon between two teams that have had little in the way of a physical rivalry between them.

Another way to look at it is what would have happened if O'Reilly had been the one that pushed the glass and it had just been he and Perry shouting at each other?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Joe Sacco:

245GW_4.jpg

Patrick Roy:

tumblr_ljjfy8shox1qgx4fio1_500.jpg

:laugh:

That's the best way to sum it up!

Mant*

I don't understand why people are so concerned about it in general. Roy got the fine he deserved. No one was injured or even got into a fight. Only damage done was to the partition that was not properly installed. Roy did not throw anything onto the ice or towards anyone and he did not attempt to injury anyone.

If that partition does not fall at the drop of a hat, there is no suspension. Roy hits it once, yells a few times, then walks away.

One thing that I am a bit surprised that Avs fans are not bringing up is how fired up O'Reilly was. He wanted a piece of Perry in the worst way. I think Ryan was more pissed than Bordy or McLeod. O'Reilly and Roy seem to have matching personalities, cold as ice in the eyes but a deep burning fire waiting to destroy everything in its path.

What Roy did was not "classy", but it was not bushleague either. Was I a bit shocked by it, yeah..but moreso because it happened this soon between two teams that have had little in the way of a physical rivalry between them.

Another way to look at it is what would have happened if O'Reilly had been the one that pushed the glass and it had just been he and Perry shouting at each other?

There's that evil word again.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

We have a lot of different threads so you might have missed it but it has been mentioned. That was probably my favourite part of the whole thing. Not only did he want a piece of Perry but it seemed like it was all because of him talking **** to Roy and then attempting to squirt water at him. It was nice to see him stick up for his coach like that.

I've heard a few of the talking heads say you can lose your room by doing that and players don't like it because they're the ones who have to answer for it on the ice but our guys were all fired up. Downie was probably like a caged animal in the dressing room while he watched on TV. :laugh:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

We have a lot of different threads so you might have missed it but it has been mentioned. That was probably my favourite part of the whole thing. Not only did he want a piece of Perry but it seemed like it was all because of him talking **** to Roy and then attempting to squirt water at him. It was nice to see him stick up for his coach like that.

I've heard a few of the talking heads say you can lose your room by doing that and players don't like it because they're the ones who have to answer for it on the ice but our guys were all fired up. Downie was probably like a caged animal in the dressing room while he watched on TV. :laugh:

You can see it in the video. He saw Perry reach behind the partition for something (the water bottle), and then start to make a motion like he was gonna throw something at Patrick. The first thing O'Reilly did was walk over and put his arm in the air to block whatever Perry was about to throw at Patrick.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Roy should have asked for a bucket of KFC and hurled chicken legs over the partition like grenades.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I was going for a Legal Folder vs. a Lisa Frank folder...

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
BTW, this photo is the most damming evidence so far on Lovejoy's hit. The sideways and extended position of his left leg alone makes it look bad, but the fact his right leg is so diagonal rather than straight up proves how much he extended himself to get a piece of Nate's leg. If he went straight in for the hit like normal both legs would be more or less vertical.

lovejoy-495x266.jpg

Oh and make sure we listen to Steve "I was protected my whole career by enforcers" Yzerman and get rid of fighting because uncoordinated goons can't keep their balance on the ice or put their hands up in front of their face when falling. Clearly we have to protect those guys rather than 18 year old rookies from cheap shot artists like Lovejoy who surely will stop making these plays like he did on Nate and Glencross because the league asks him nicely.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all, when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall and did it my way​

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all, when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall and did it my way​

Frank vs. Roy

Two of my all time favorites.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ

Lose the room ? On the contrary it will solidify the room . Roy showed that he care and he's there for his players no matter what , It's the one for all and all for one concept . What Patrick did the other night , is probably the best thing that could happend for our locker room . They are saying that our player are buying his system and philosophy , well they are gonna buy it even more after Roy Showed them that he's there for his players .

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I love how the entire coaching fraternity saying crap like "It has no place in the game" "Its classless" . Does Ken Hitchcocks fat head not remember the Ottawa Philly brawl when he was getting his entire team to fight? **** off you fat ****.

I think this was the game of or the game after Havlats groin kick. 11:20 of the video. you telling me thats not bush league?

Last edited:

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I love how the entire coaching fraternity saying crap like "It has no place in the game" "Its classless" . Does Ken Hitchcocks fat head not remember the Ottawa Philly brawl when he was getting his entire team to fight? **** off you fat ****.

I think this was the game of or the game after Havlats groin kick. 11:20 of the video. you telling me thats not bush league?

Another thing about Hitch, he almost destroyed Derick Brassard's career when he told him to man up , back in the CBJ days . We all remember what happend next. Brassard goes into a fight and got owned big time , as a result Derick wasnt the same player after that fight . :clap: Talk about a coach who is there for his players :clap: no doubt that he can go puplic telling Roy how to coach .

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Didn't Torts go off on Hitchcock one year? I think it was for talking to his players or gooning it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad