Roy's fine thread

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
And so it begins:

Louis Jean ‏@LouisJean_TVA 4m
#NHL source confirms league is looking into Patrick Roy antics last night. Fine highly probable.

With the way he was fined in the Q from abusing officials and other antics, I figured having one place to keep it all was appropriate.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Roy might get a fine, but Lovejoy will receive no supplementary discipline....:shakehead

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 5m
A few people asked about Lovejoy/MacKinnon from last night...league looked at it, will be no supplemental discipline.

Qurpiz

Carry me home!
Nov 5, 2006
In time this thread will be titled "Roy's fines thread"

And I'm going to love every minute of it

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
As long as we win I don't really care about fines, and I'm sure Roy doesn't either.

If he ever starts really going nuts and gets suspended or something thenwe may have a problem.

Until then, it's great to have a coach that gives a **** about his players.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Probably would cost more to bring in a motivational speaker, which would accomplish less.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
In all fairness LoveJoy did nothing wrong. You can see his upper body was aiming for Mackinnon. Mac is so quick that when he tried to avoid him LoveJoy tried to move with him but obviously isn't as quick. His feet turned quicker than his upper body because if any of you played hockey before you would understand that's simple physics and it looked like his knee stuck out a little as a result. There was nothing else he really could have done.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
In all fairness LoveJoy did nothing wrong. You can see his upper body was aiming for Mackinnon. Mac is so quick that when he tried to avoid him LoveJoy tried to move with him but obviously isn't as quick. His feet turned quicker than his upper body because if any of you played hockey before you would understand that simple physics and it looked like his knee stuck out a little as a result. There was nothing else he really could have done.

I agree, but the League needs to be consistent in their penalties. As someone pointed out, Kevin Porter got 4 games for a similar incident.

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
In all fairness LoveJoy did nothing wrong. You can see his upper body was aiming for Mackinnon. Mac is so quick that when he tried to avoid him LoveJoy tried to move with him but obviously isn't as quick. His feet turned quicker than his upper body because if any of you played hockey before you would understand that's simple physics and it looked like his knee stuck out a little as a result. There was nothing else he really could have done.

Off topic I don't think Lovejoy capitalizes his name like that ;)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
All Lovejoy deserves is a two minute penalty, that is all. But his hit was definitely a knee on a knee, there is no argument about that.

Highly probable that Roy will be fined? Yes.
Will the fine be a high amount? I would be shocked if it was.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
It's a good thing Patrick has that fancy Vice President of Hockey Operations title and the bigger paycheck to go with it. :D

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I have a feeling Roy might jump off the bench and fight Jimmy Howard when Avs play the Wings.

you know..flash backs..Roy vs Vernon and Roy vs Osgood

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
All Lovejoy deserves is a two minute penalty, that is all. But his hit was definitely a knee on a knee, there is no argument about that.

Highly probable that Roy will be fined? Yes.
Will the fine be a high amount? I would be shocked if it was.

Agreed. Plus a penalty called would have preserved poor Varly's shutout.

He is the real victim here :sarcasm:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Slap on the wrist. The league can act like they didn't like what they saw, but they did. Roy is good for the NHL.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Off topic I don't think Lovejoy capitalizes his name like that ;)

Lol sorry. I just wrote an email to my boss at the St. John's IceCaps AHL team and I guess I wrote out IceCaps so many times that I started doing that for any multi-word names lol.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
After seeing several replays of it all, I think Lovejoy should get a conference call with the league, and nothing else.

I don't think he was actually going in with the intent of a knee to knee hit. I do think he was going in with the intent to try and send Mac into next week with a crushing hit. Mac was quick enough to sidestep the hit, with only his leg trailing behind.

The call with the league is enough to set Lovejoy up with some history of discipline. This would send him a message that going out to level a guy with 30 seconds left in a blowout game is bad form, if not illegal, and make any future issue he comes to with the league and discipline easier to call due to his "history".

That said, I highly doubt that happens.

Best case out of this is that Lovejoy and one of Malone, McGinn, Downie, or McLeod fight early in the next game between the two teams and the whole incident is put to rest...and that may not even happen given the fact that the next game is not until March.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
You can't fine the greatest goalie of all time. He'll simply stop it from going through.

Nothing more to see here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad