Roy's fine thread

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I couldn't give any fewer ****s about what other coaches think. Oh nooooo the coaches don't respect Roy. Go to hell. Based on the three whiners thus far, Boudreau, Hitchcock and Trotz, they're jealous they wouldn't be able to expend that much energy without complete organ failure.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Nobody is bringing up Perry because it doesn't fit the agenda. Like a poster above said, they (meaning NHL, media, etc) want Roy to be controversial. This fits into the exact story they want. Perry squirting some water distracts from that.

Roy won't do this every game or every incident, he did this for a reason. There is not a better time and place to show you have the team's back in the first game, after a questionable hit on a young forward.

Roy being Roy is going to be unapologetic about it because he thinks he was in the right, regardless of what anybody says. For better or worse for the Avs and the rest of the league that is Roy. I think we are going to love it around here, and opposing coaches/fans/media are going to hate it especially if Roy wins.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Nobody is bringing up Perry because it doesn't fit the agenda. Like a poster above said, they (meaning NHL, media, etc) want Roy to be controversial. This fits into the exact story they want. Perry squirting some water distracts from that.

Roy won't do this every game or every incident, he did this for a reason. There is not a better time and place to show you have the team's back in the first game, after a questionable hit on a young forward.

Roy being Roy is going to be unapologetic about it because he thinks he was in the right, regardless of what anybody says. For better or worse for the Avs and the rest of the league that is Roy. I think we are going to love it around here, and opposing coaches/fans/media are going to hate it especially if Roy wins.

Nobody likes you when you're winning. Nobody liked Colorado in their glory days, much thanks to Roy. A lot of those people hate him and the players associated with those teams to this day. Roy, Forsberg, Foote, Lemieux etc.

This just added some fuel to that fire. I'm fine with it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I couldn't give any fewer ****s about what other coaches think. Oh nooooo the coaches don't respect Roy. Go to hell. Based on the three whiners thus far, Boudreau, Hitchcock and Trotz, they're jealous they wouldn't be able to expend that much energy without complete organ failure.

If this is just one incident then it doesn't really matter and it will be forgotten rather quickly. Everyone knows Boudreau is a ***** and this isn't the first time he has been involved in something like this. He just can't make a habit of pissing other people off. Not only is he our coach, he's basically the GM as well. He has to do business with the other 29 teams in the league.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If this is just one incident then it doesn't really matter and it will be forgotten rather quickly. Everyone knows Boudreau is a ***** and this isn't the first time he has been involved in something like this. He just can't make a habit of pissing other people off. Not only is he our coach, he's basically the GM as well. He has to do business with the other 29 teams in the league.

Sherman is so non-offensive to anybody he will be the guy on the phone while Roy is yelling in the office. :laugh:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

Also, a player squirting a water battle doesn't really compared to a guy standing on the bench trying to destroy part of it.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

:)
Also, a player squirting a water battle doesn't really compared to a guy standing on the bench trying to destroy part of it.

I don't think Roy was trying to destroy it. I think he was trying to bang the glass. Nobody expected the glass to be so loose

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
:)

I don't think Roy was trying to destroy it. I think he was trying to bang the glass. Nobody expected the glass to be so loose

That's what made the whole thing worse than it was. If that thing fell, it would have crushed poor Boudreau (Or would there be more damage to the glass? Not really sure). If he just yelled, smacked the glass once, and it didn't move, I doubt it would be a big deal.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
If Roy wanted to leave his print on last night's game he was successful . Patrick Roy was a player with emotion he coached in the Q league with Emotions and he did the same last night . He's a passionate person wanted to show his players that he's behind them at 100% and wanted to show to the Avs front office and the fans that he wants to win . That's what he showed last night to everyone in the NHL .

The problem it's that Roy, even if he had 4 Stanley cups and a Mémorial cup, is still a rookie coach and that's what bugged guys like Boudreau , Trotz and Hitch or who ever wants to convince us that " it's not the proper way to coach " yeah right , like those guys are angels without sins :shakehead.

What Patrick did last night is positive , he showed his players passion and intensity and that's what he asked to his players on the ice . of course he can't do what he did last night for 82 games , but from time to time it's a good thing, because he wants to win and we can tell ... A complete change vs what we had with the old bench boss .

avacol

Feb 6, 2011
Colorado
ppl whining about what Roy did are sooo annoying

it's not like he threw hockey sticks like javelins trying to impale boudreau

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Things are certainly changing. After seeing Sacco for so many years, I'm fine with this. Having some passion is a good thing.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Anyone else enjoying all the hate Roy is getting on the main boards?

Oh, and a Ducks mod just suggested it would have been a better idea to have Varlamov take the face-off than match our 4th line against theirs :help:

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Anyone else enjoying all the hate Roy is getting on the main boards?

Oh, and a Ducks mod just suggested it would have been a better idea to have Varlamov take the face-off than match our 4th line against theirs :help:

He's something else.

At least we're being talked about!

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
Ugh nothing upsets me more than people that grew up with one team, and one day boom not anymore.

I mean, I can almost understand not following them as much anymore, but to say something like "Now that they're a division rival.." blah blah blah.

GTFO.

This is where my dislike of most older Sens fans comes from. That go on about how much they hate the Leafs and Canadiens, and 100% of them were fans of one of those teams before the Senators showed up.

alright rant done now.

I used to love the Canucks and Avs when I was 8-12. The Avs were always higher but they were both amazing. Then Bertuzzi tried to kill Moore and I gave up on the Nucks immediately. Do I upset you?

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I used to love the Canucks and Avs when I was 8-12. The Avs were always higher but they were both amazing. Then Bertuzzi tried to kill Moore and I gave up on the Nucks immediately. Do I upset you?

Its one thing to have an actual reason, if a team pisses you off so much you can't stand to watch them or their practices whatever.

Its another to decide you're one day going to follow another team, yes even if a team moves to your hometown. Nobody says you can't go watch that team, and wish them well even cheer for them, but to stop following your childhood team one day just because, pisses me off.

Particularly in the cases where the former fans become anti-former team.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
How did the NHL and some fans become such a little girls league? There are so many incidents that were worse with coaches over the years. Whether he said something to Perry or not, it's not like anything bad happened to anybody. Oh except almost the newly turned 18 year old rookie that almost had his season ruined by a guy that was going after him all night, and a team that was pissed off because they played a crap game. Somehow that's not a big deal at all, but Roy pushing glass is.

Some people just don't like Roy, and this is what happens. The media is trying to escalate things for a story naturally, and opposing coaches are trying to use this as a way to get Roy and the Avalanche off their game early, so it becomes a huge distraction and they lose games.

He flew off the handle, had a good reason to be pissed, may or may not have told Perry to eff off, Perry may or may not have yelled at Roy first, and the partition was poorly bolted down. Big deal.

He's not an ego maniac. He has a big ego, and is crazy passionate about his team, and it's players. He always has been, and there should be more passion like this in a game where it's getting wimpier and wimpier by the minute.

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005
As a player and as a coach, Roy has never been interested in winning popularity contests, so I'm sure he doesn't have a single expletive to give about what others are saying and thinking about him.

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach
Its one thing to have an actual reason, if a team pisses you off so much you can't stand to watch them or their practices whatever.

Its another to decide you're one day going to follow another team, yes even if a team moves to your hometown. Nobody says you can't go watch that team, and wish them well even cheer for them, but to stop following your childhood team one day just because, pisses me off.

Particularly in the cases where the former fans become anti-former team.

I don't get that. A BIG part of sports fandom is proximity. It's not a coincidence most Avs fans are from Colorado, most Penguins fans are from Pittsburgh, and most Red Wings fans are *******s. In the case of a Nashville fan, in the late 90s, following a team in a different city would be fairly difficult. No CenterIce, no Game Center, etc. After spending so much time enjoying a local team, you get attached to the organization. It's a pretty natural thing.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Joe Sacco:

245GW_4.jpg

Patrick Roy:

tumblr_ljjfy8shox1qgx4fio1_500.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad