Roy's fine thread

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Roy doesn't sign free autographs usually and his auto is one of the most expensive in the industry. His appearance fee at the sports card expo was probably more than this.

But anyways, I love how he goes on to call Boudreau a liar and classless, fun guy, fun year.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Need a gif with Roy's face on this and titled, "Here's Patty!" :D

heres-johnny.jpeg

Edited for better pic...

Last edited:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Roy doesn't sign free autographs usually and his auto is one of the most expensive in the industry. His appearance fee at the sports card expo was probably more than this.

But anyways, I love how he goes on to call Boudreau a liar and classless, fun guy, fun year.

I have a Patty/Bourque/Sakic/KLEMM(don't ask) signed jersey.

It cost me... $0. :D

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

If I was a professional athlete, you'd have to pay me a ton to go to a sports card expo too...

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany

I didn't like that. I understand it's not easy to respect Boudreau but sometimes you just have to swallow your pride to avoid the headlines. TSN for example left out some of the stuff Roy said and made him look like a fool and liar. At this point it doesn't help the team but becomes a distraction imo.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Anymore? What made you become a turncoat?

Ugh nothing upsets me more than people that grew up with one team, and one day boom not anymore.

I mean, I can almost understand not following them as much anymore, but to say something like "Now that they're a division rival.." blah blah blah.

GTFO.

This is where my dislike of most older Sens fans comes from. That go on about how much they hate the Leafs and Canadiens, and 100% of them were fans of one of those teams before the Senators showed up.

alright rant done now.

Mant*

Hockey fans of other teams two days ago.
gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg

Hockey fans of other teams now.
1105721_Were_not_amused__jpgea96567d219f9254f804e78a2aff1616.jpg

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I find it very amusing that coaches from Avs division suddenly feel the urge to comment on Roy's coaching. Hitchcock and Trotz.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
I find it very amusing that coaches from Avs division suddenly feel the urge to comment on Roy's coaching. Hitchcock and Trotz.

They're just jealous of our offense. They see the Avs flying around scoring in spades and realize their defenses might not be able to stop them

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Honestly I think this is a unique situation. It looked a lot over far than it was because the stupid partition was sagging.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
What did Hitchcock say about Roy? I haven't seen anything about it.

"Bruce, he could have had a new middle name: Pancake. He could have got squished. That (partition) goes any further and Bruce has got the best weight-loss program going.

I saw that first-hand...that's junior hockey. It's got no place in our game. You can't be pushing barriers down. It's just got no place in our game. I've been involved in some of those incidents a long time ago and they are really, really scary."

Your standard hyperbole.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Ugh nothing upsets me more than people that grew up with one team, and one day boom not anymore.

I mean, I can almost understand not following them as much anymore, but to say something like "Now that they're a division rival.." blah blah blah.

GTFO.

This is where my dislike of most older Sens fans comes from. That go on about how much they hate the Leafs and Canadiens, and 100% of them were fans of one of those teams before the Senators showed up.

alright rant done now.

Dude, chill. All I said was it's going to be weird now that Colorado is a division rival because I started following the Avalanche when I was a kid.

I didn't up and decide to switch teams. The Preds came to town, and I began following them because they are the local team. My loyalty to the Avs changed into loyalty to my local team, but I didn't suddenly start hating them or anything.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
McKenzie said he spoke to a few coaches and they feel that a coach shouldn't be yelling at opposing players.

Seems like that's what has most people upset and I don't disagree with them. Yell at that whiny little ***** Boudreau all you want but let your players take care of the opposing players.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
One of my favorite quotes.

"This is the way I dealt with this one. Will I deal with it differently next time? Maybe. Or maybe not."

Rotfl, I love how he makes no apologies.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

One of my favorite quotes.

"This is the way I dealt with this one. Will I deal with it differently next time? Maybe. Or maybe not."

Rotfl, I love how he makes no apologies.

He's basically saying, in the words of Jay Cutler, "sorry I'm not sorry".

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
McKenzie said he spoke to a few coaches and they feel that a coach shouldn't be yelling at opposing players.

Seems like that's what has most people upset and I don't disagree with them. Yell at that whiny little ***** Boudreau all you want but let your players take care of the opposing players.

I don't think Roy chirps players on the ice.

Perry leaning over to Avs bench and chirping while there is a scrum after the game is over isn't a standard circumstance. Roy should probably walk away, but he didn't.

As for Boudreau complaining that Roy talks to the ref? Pot shaped human calling the kettle black. Boudreau whines about calls all the time.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO

But there is no issue with the fact that the little ***** Corey Perry was the one jawing at Roy first?

WHY DOES EVERYONE MISS THAT??? Because they CHOOSE not to see it. They WANT Patrick to be controversial.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't think Roy chirps players on the ice.

Perry leaning over to Avs bench and chirping while there is a scrum after the game is over isn't a standard circumstance. Roy should probably walk away, but he didn't.

As for Boudreau complaining that Roy talks to the ref? Pot shaped human calling the kettle black. Boudreau whines about calls all the time.

That's the issue, he should walk away. Hopefully it's a one time thing with Perry. Next time just lean over to Bordeleau and tell him to shut the other team up.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Why is the general public ignoring Perry squirting the water? Not that it was going to hurt anyone but isn't that escalating the situation?

Of course Roy can't blow up like that every week and I'm sure he understands that coaches have to follow certain protocol. For this incident it was absolutely warranted. It was horrifying watching MacKinnon go down on the ice. I can't imagine not having that reaction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad