GDT: Round Dos, Game Dos: Blues @ Avs: Darn Tootin': 9:30(ish) ET / 7:30(ish) MT

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Yeah I'm in agreement with you on Kuemper and coaching. Early on, I thought Kuemper made several very good saves and looked dialed in. The first 2 goals they scored were deflections off our own D's sticks. I think it was more the Avs playing poorly and losing board battles and races to pucks then anything else. They were noticeably 'tigher' on MacKinnon and that's fine, he's going to have to play through that.

As far as the 2nd bolded, I wouldn't say it won't make a difference at all. I think it would be a good idea to bring in some new guys to see what they can bring.
Yeah, that’s a slight exaggeration on my part as you never know how a new player can impact a game, good or bad. The point I was trying to illustrate is that it’s not necessarily bad coaching to leave the lineup the same after one game where the whole team was out of sync. But if no changes are made we all know there will be people screaming that Bednar is incapable of adjusting. All of our bottom six guys have had some good moments in these playoffs and the whole team was subpar.

If it was one or two guys consistently playing poor in the bottom six, then yeah, I’d understand the outrage but as a team we have looked great for literally every game outside of last night so people should be able to see the reasoning for allowing the current roster to redeem themselves regardless of if we agree with that decision.

This isn’t a case of an individual being a detriment, such as Nemeth last year.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
giphy.gif

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Yeah, that’s a slight exaggeration on my part as you never know how a new player can impact a game, good or bad. The point I was trying to illustrate is that it’s not necessarily bad coaching to leave the lineup the same after one game where the whole team was out of sync. But if no changes are made we all know there will be people screaming that Bednar is incapable of adjusting. All of our bottom six guys have had some good moments in these playoffs and the whole team was subpar.

If it was one or two guys consistently playing poor in the bottom six, then yeah, I’d understand the outrage but as a team we have looked great for literally every game outside of last night so people should be able to see the reasoning for allowing the current roster to redeem themselves regardless of if we agree with that decision.

This isn’t a case of an individual being a detriment, such as Nemeth last year.

Bura on that third goal though, shades of every other year. We will bounce back, just can’t make this a habit.

Reactions: Avsfan1921

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Bura on that third goal though, shades of every other year. We will bounce back, just can’t make this a habit.
Yeah more is definitely needed of him, along with the other usual suspects. But really, as far as engagement goes I think this is the best I’ve ever seen from him. He’s taking hits to make plays, and skating hard every shift. His offence isn’t there currently for sure and he’s never been a good defensive forward, but his effort level has been great imo, not that that excuses his gaffes in the defensive zone.

Reactions: Avaholic29

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah more is definitely needed of him, along with the other usual suspects. But really, as far as engagement goes I think this is the best I’ve ever seen from him. He’s taking hits to make plays, and skating hard every shift. His offence isn’t there currently for sure and he’s never been a good defensive forward, but his effort level has been great imo, not that that excuses his gaffes in the defensive zone.
rick-and-morty-meeseeks.gif

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Yeah agreed there. I think having him on a 3rd with no defensive player (Landy, Nuke or Lehk) is not good since let's be honest he's mostly a liability defensively. Also on that 3rd line he's the line driver and IMO it's counterproductive to his strength which is his wrister. Put him back with Kadri or bench him for Newhook I don't think he's suited on that line with JTC and NAK.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
I really hope that Bednar doesn't just stay the course if we come out flat again in game 3. Some sort of shake up needs to happen in order to get Kadri and Rants engaged. Move Rants to center between Nuke and Lehk, demote him to the fourth line, etc. Same type of things for Kadri. Gotta light a fire under them because we won't win if they can't contribute.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Can't even imagine how volatile this board will be if they lose the series
If they lose this series than major changes need to be made. If they can’t get past the 2nd round with this team than this core never will.

But there’s still plenty of time for the to or not to come to fruition.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Alright, I’m going to try something new after 19 years around this board…positivity & optimism:

• Avs were never going 16-0 anyway so losses in the playoffs are inevitable. Avs as the 8th seed lost 4-0 to Calgary in game 1 and came back with 4 straight. They were also down 3-1 to Dallas with key injuries with f***n Hutchinson starting and still took it to a game 7 OT.
• MacK’s post game comments seem to indicate that the team at least seems more aware of how to handle a playoff loss compared to previous seasons. I’ll try to give them the benefit of the doubt and hopefully their actions match those words.
• Game 3 isn’t a must win, if they lose game 4 will be though. Realistically if they can win just one of 3/4 then they’ve retaken home ice and are still in a good position to take the series

But if that fails and they continue to suck and lose this series then we can revive the “Fire Bednar” thread and bitch about all the players need to be jettisoned to the moon.

I'm sure MacK is getting mentally ready to come out in game 3 with his plan B of skate faster and stickhandle faster.

And if that doesn't work then I bet he goes all out and tries to skate even faster and stickhandle even more.

There's nothing MacK won't do to win.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I'm sure MacK is getting mentally ready to come out in game 3 with his plan B of skate faster and stickhandle faster.

And if that doesn't work then I bet he goes all out and tries to skate even faster and stickhandle even more.

There's nothing MacK won't do to win.
Sounds about right. Other Avs players will support him by falling all over the ice for no real reason.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad