Prospect Info: Round 6, Pick 168: Olle Lycksell, C, Linkoping (SHL Jr.)

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Just scored his 2nd SHL goal in the 1st period of his 3rd SHL game.

Snipe off a cross ice pass. Off his stick before it even got there and right in the top corner.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013

Snipe off a cross ice pass. Off his stick before it even got there and right in the top corner.

4 shots as far as I can tell. Itching for more ;)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Elite prospects.com show that he has played 6 SHL games this year.

Didn't get the assist give to him either. :(

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, but he's way below the SHL point per game standard set by Lindblom! :sarcasm:
Well, there's always next year!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Is there an out if he wants to come to NA?

NHL and the Swedish Ice Hockey association have an agreement. So yes. If the Flyers want him before then and he wants to come to the Flyers all that happens is the Flyers have to pay ~$250k to the SIHA and that money will be distributed to the clubs that developed him.

Trust the Swedish hockey program with your prospects. They know what they're doing.

A really good write-up on the process. In all honesty I might be biased with my affinity for the SHL and Swedish national team... but the SHL is the place I trust most with developing NHL prospects. Their track record is immense - especially the biggest ~10 teams who have a lot of future NHLers and NT guys come through. Plus it is the top European league with the most similar play-style to North America I think. (Hockey was introduced directly to Sweden by North Americans... somewhat of a rarity in Europe.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad