Prospect Info: Round 6, Pick 168: Olle Lycksell, C, Linkoping (SHL Jr.)

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Incredible what a deep proepect pool can do for you.

All of a sudden you can aim for high risk, high reward picks in the later rounds instead of the Klotz in the world.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Made his SHL debut yesterday.
Played 8:47, had 3SOG, 2 PIM, +0 in 5-2 win.

He was actually dressed the game before but did not see any ice time.

Will he be bouncing around leagues this season or is he going to stick in the SHL?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Will he be bouncing around leagues this season or is he going to stick in the SHL?

I imagine he is back down for J20 games at times when they don't 'need' him and there are breaks in SHL play. Right now he is #14 on the depth chart seemingly when everyone healthy. They probably only really want to dress 13 forwards most nights max.

He is up as Derek Roy and Karlström are injured and because Linköping kicked Mark Zengerle to the curb because they paid him a lot and he sucked in the SHL.

Still. Pretty awesome. I expected him to make his SHL debut this season... but not this early.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
At his age, just getting a feel for higher level play will help him understand where he needs to work to improve his game.
Next year you'd like to see him stick.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
I imagine he is back down for J20 games at times when they don't 'need' him and there are breaks in SHL play. Right now he is #14 on the depth chart seemingly when everyone healthy. They probably only really want to dress 13 forwards most nights max.

He is up as Derek Roy and Karlström are injured and because Linköping kicked Mark Zengerle to the curb because they paid him a lot and he sucked in the SHL.

Still. Pretty awesome. I expected him to make his SHL debut this season... but not this early.

That's because of how great of a prospect he is. Much better than Allison or Bunnaman.
@Striiker @Captain Dave Poulin fight me irl

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Reported irl for van-related mischief.
I hope you don't mean this kind...

latest

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad