Prospect Info: Round 6, Pick 168: Olle Lycksell, C, Linkoping (SHL Jr.)

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I bet I can do it. If someone says it properly one time, I can mimic it.

Well, I'm pretty much the same way, but I lived there for 3 years and pronounce Swedish very well (they tell me) and I can't really get all the way there. Part of the problem is that I always start giggling a little, because it tickles when you put your lips like you have to in order to say it.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Interesting thing is he was the best player on his J18 teams two years in a row. Just hasn't had J20 exposure or been made a regular. How many first year guys get drafted out of J18 with no international experience? Klingberg comes to mind as having a similar profile, but more size and a different position obviously. That's a deep sleeper though.

Even Hogberg played J20 most of last season, and we had no clue where he came from. Obviously the Flyers think Lycksell will make the jump in a big way next year.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
It's awesome how we still haven't unearthed anything on this guy. Thumbs up to our scouts for digging super deep. I love it. Hopefully we can find some sort of report on him somewhere.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Its awesome how we still haven't unearthed anything on this guy. Thumbs up to our scouts for digging super deep. I love it. Hopefully we can find some sort of report on him somewhere.

It feels like someone that Grundstrom just kind of caught on the fly while he was watching someone else, then tracked, then told Hexy to watch out for him late.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Nice find. Guess I'll have to watch that now.

It's awesome how we still haven't unearthed anything on this guy. Thumbs up to our scouts for digging super deep. I love it. Hopefully we can find some sort of report on him somewhere.

I admire how ballsy Joakim Grundberg is. He is one confident scout, who in an interconnected age where it's even harder to find true sleepers and steals and mystery guys late, does his best to find them. He's pretty stellar overall, and I kinda wish they gave him a top 60 pick, heck top 100 pick, now and again.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I doubt they are scouting J18 games so I would love to know the story about how they stumbled across this kid.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I doubt they are scouting J18 games so I would love to know the story about how they stumbled across this kid.

Played 29 J20 games. Emil Westerlund was on that team, and he was probably the main scouting target. Probably stood out in his depth role, and maybe he did choose to go to a few J18 games to follow up :dunno:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I don't think that's him after all. It's the right team and the right number, but this #20 is playing defense. I'll try to see if he wore any other numbers.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
I can promise you that nobody on here, with the exception of Coffe, will ever pronounce his last name exactly right. That "y" is a sound unknown in English, somewhere between a long and short "u" and a short "o" and some other stuff only Vikings know about.

:laugh:

We could make it into a competition. Everyone who fancies a try can send it to me and I'll annouce a winner. I think Appleyard would do pretty well.

I have nothing to add on this kid.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I find our lack of Appleyard this weekend disturbing

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I saw Appleyard post he'd be on vacation without internet for the draft.

Well that's just bad planning.

:laugh:

I can honestly say I wrote down all the important dates the last week on the calendar and told my wife I was not available on Friday or Saturday to do anything.

But at least she likes hockey so watched Friday night then did house stuff/gardening Saturday.

She gets me.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Appleyard went to the the family log cabin for the weekend. There's an orchard out front of Red Jonagolds.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Was looking up Olle, and that picture is 3 years old, potentially 4 :laugh:

He has a public Instagram account -- only looked for a minute, I'll leave the professional creeping to CDP -- and more up to date pictures. He looks like a normal, youngish 17 year old and NOT in fact pre-pubescent! He has a photo wearing a similar jersey (the team name was cut out of that elite prospects profile picture, so I couldn't tell until I saw this one), which was from a Småland tournament. And in the picture, funnily enough, he's posed next to a 14 year old Erik Brännström. Just wanted to set your minds at ease.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Bummer, I was hoping for a serious growth spurt.
From 14 year old into Viking man.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Was looking up Olle, and that picture is 3 years old, potentially 4 :laugh:

He has a public Instagram account -- only looked for a minute, I'll leave the professional creeping to CDP -- and more up to date pictures. He looks like a normal, youngish 17 year old and NOT in fact pre-pubescent! He has a photo wearing a similar jersey (the team name was cut out of that elite prospects profile picture, so I couldn't tell until I saw this one), which was from a Småland tournament. And in the picture, funnily enough, he's posed next to a 14 year old Erik Brännström. Just wanted to set your minds at ease.

Unless he turns into a Japanese girl and starts posting videos of herself brushing her hair, I will leave him alone. But generally speaking, your characterization of me is spot on :laugh:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

:naughty:

fa90942365b5029a1f5b74943a0be6ce.gif

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Olle lead all 3 on 3 tournament scorers with 5 goals.

Went from being an unknown that no one could find info on to leading the goal scoring in the development camp 3 on 3 tournament.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad