Team: Vaxjo Lakers (SHL/Superelit)
Birthday: September 4, 1998
Birthplace: Stockholm, Sweden
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 183lb

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
That's probably one factor in his favor, 6 months growth just to catch up to the average draft eligible prospect.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I had him on a list of Euro D to watch out for in 4th onwards... decent value.

Very solid U18 and U20 numbers this year from Dman and got to play a few SHL games, which is always a good sign.

I have only seen him play once, and was not really watching him properly as it was an SHL game and he hardly played... but from little I have seen and bit I have read:

Likes jumping into rush
Good offensive skill
Good skater

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I had him on a list of Euro D to watch out for in 4th onwards... decent value.

Very solid U18 and U20 numbers this year from Dman and got to play a few SHL games, which is always a good sign.

I have only seen him play once, and was not really watching him properly as it was an SHL game and he hardly played... but from little I have seen and bit I have read:

Likes jumping into rush
Good offensive skill
Good skater

what player can you compare him to in NHL? but I like the value especially in the 5th

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
2nd highest scoring u18 defenseman in the SuperElit on one of the worst teams in the league.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
2nd highest scoring u18 defenseman in the SuperElit on one of the worst teams in the league.

Between that and his age barely making the cut-off date, I love this pick. Exactly the kind of pick I love to see in the later rounds. Lots of room for growth that people didn't get a chance to see yet.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I really wanted the Panthers to pick him up. The Flyers already have great dman prospect and you just added a really good one.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
This guy is immediately my favorite pick. Hogberg? What a name! I hope he becomes a mainstay in this organization so I can proudly wear a Hogberg jersey.

DeflatedFootball7

Jul 9, 2011
Nanaimo
His twin hasn't been picked yet. Free agent pick up for us? :popcorn:

Technically his twin wasn't ranked so it's a similar situation to a few years ago when the Canucks drafted Patrik Vesterholm but left Pontus undrafted. That being said the Nucks did invite Pontus to camp so maybe we'll do the same with Hoberg's brother (who is also called Pontus :yo:)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Technically his twin wasn't ranked so it's a similar situation to a few years ago when the Canucks drafted Patrik Vesterholm but left Pontus undrafted. That being said the Nucks did invite Pontus to camp so maybe we'll do the same with Hoberg's brother (who is also called Pontus :yo:)

Funny you didn't use the Sanheim's as the example,

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
How do you pronounce his name? Hoag Berg or Hog berg?

You won't be able to pronounce it unless you spend some time with Swedes or really practice it. That "o" sound in Swedish is a vowel sound that we don't really have in English - it is like a subtle, flat and compressed version of the "oo" in foot. You almost have to say "Hogberg" as if it is "Hoogberg" (with the "oo" as in "foot") and pout as you say it while pursing your lips. The "berg" at the end is sort of like "berry" though I have heard Swedes pronounce it straightforwardly like we would, as just "berg."

In my defense, I haven't been there since 2003, and I have had precious little practice since then, so I could be a bit off. I do know how to say the most vile curse in Swedish, if anyone ever needs it :sarcasm::naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad